• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MS: Devs Could Make Scorpio Only Titles | (Update: Misspoke, no Scorpio exclusives)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Called it, might have been a bit longer than in 3 ... 2 ... 1

Don't know if Shannon put her point across as well as she could have, expect PR clarification in 3 ... 2 ... 1

but this was painfully obvious from the moment she said it with Geoff. Just goes to show how careful you need to be when you're talking about a new product like this as you have thousands of people waiting to dissect, pick apart and over analyse everything you say.

The Xbox team have 12 months+ of this ahead, time for them to do their homework and read up on what it can and can't do.

Honestly this is Xbox's fault. How many times has an Xbox employee messed up and said conflicting things? It can't be that difficult, "no one gets left behind" is the key element of their messaging.

The flip side is that there are a ton of people looking to jump on stuff like this because they're fanboys or hate M$ but they've gotta be better so that doesn't happen. It's on them.

eso76

This makes sense.
And it would make more sense for me, as the owner of a ps4, to grab the Scorpio and not the Neo and get a) a more powerful console B) access to Xbox library.
Except it doesn't and I should upgrade my PC instead ?
I don't understand this part of Microsoft strategy

It will be good to see the Scorpio hardware taken full advantage of. It's going to be incredible to see what they do.

Perhaps VR only games will be some of the Scorpio only titles? The Xbox One can't run VR.

Kayant

VR already requires an additional hardware investment, so those games requiring Scorpio is not some kind of PR blunder. But the diameterically opposed statements from one rep vs. Greenberg's twitter regarding non-VR games is crazy. How is it this difficult to get people on the same page? This is the type of thing I'd expect from a company that has Japanese and American arms who are not getting the same information.
Yh he shouldn't have put that there because there PR here
Doesn't say anything about there being no Scorpio exclusives.

This makes sense.
And it would make more sense for me, as the owner of a ps4, to grab the Scorpio and not the Neo and get a) a more powerful console B) access to Xbox library.
Except it doesn't and I should upgrade my PC instead ?
I don't understand this part of Microsoft strategy

I believe all current games running on xbox one will run on scorpio so you do get access
to the current library. But im not sure if they will force developers to care for the xbox one
if they are making a game based on ps4,neo and scorpio performance.

But it also seems like Microsoft has a libary/api that contains dynamic resolution or graphics settings available for devs(inhouse only?) to use.
This could easy up work for developers to support both a x1 and Scorpio version.
Make Scorpio version 4k and x1/s 720~900p or let the console figure out the optimal settings and resolution

AU Tiger

I'm excited for this thing. It sounds really promising and I'm hoping that devs will simply ship a game with all the UHD 4K assets on disk and during install, the system will know if it's an XBONE to grab the regular installer files, textures, etc and if it's a Scorpio, to install the higher res assets and then when launching the game it will have either an XBONE graphics config preset it loads or a Scorpio preset that has values like view distance, AA, etc all turned up higher.

Could/Should be a nice and seamless thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom