• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mushihimesama announced for Steam!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dremark

Banned
I know this is probably the best title they could bring over first as far as strategy goes (The viral video for the second game was huge) but if I'm going to drop cash, particularly on a digital only title it'd be nice if it was something that I didn't already buy twice.

I'll wait for them to port something I don't already have. Everyone else enjoy, it is a really great game, just not great enough I feel the need to triple dip.

Not price whining (well, kinda) but $20USD = ~$30AUD which is a little out of "justifiable" range, sadly. Will have to wait for our dollar to get better first. Or a discount.

Definitely outside of impulse range, but it's a well known game among shmup fans and this is the cheapest it's ever been to my knowledge.

Coda

I always was under the impression that these games look better on a CRT in the 240p resolution. At least Espgaluda on the PS2 makes that game look like a dream. I'm assuming this will look very similar to the 360 port so that's why people want the higher resolution but I dunno. These sprite based games always look better in 240p on a CRT or at least with a scanline generator.

alienator

Ofcourse they announce this for pc, just a few weeks after i bought M Futari region free for my 360, for way too much money on ebay.

will buy again!

SOME-MIST

Not sure if I'll double dip but this is awesome news for anyone that missed out. Knew/called it after blackbird said it'd have a ton of difficulty options too.

I know it won't happen, but I hope arrange mode is modeled after the ps2 version so you don't lose full bomb stock after autobomb.

~Kinggi~

Banned
bring it on!

cbwnfoddbk1pnalufv40.jpg

wtf is this shit i swear this is unpossible

OmegaDL50

Awesome! I love CAVE Shoot'em Ups.

Now hopefully this eventually leads to a Steam release of Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu or even SaiDaiOuJou

I will buy this day one.

Shaneus

Definitely outside of impulse range, but it's a well known game among shmup fans and this is the cheapest it's ever been to my knowledge.
Yeah, I'm absolutely not knocking the price of it at all and I know how worth it it is, but... yeah, and I kinda just spent about $12USD or something on Raiden IV, so I can't justify that and this as well. Hate to be the "will buy only on sale" guy, but I guess in this thread I'm him.

...unless our dollar gets markedly better soon!

Mushihimesama HD with all the improvements and other things? You bet I'll get that one.

I hope they manage to get the same slowdowns as the arcade versions.

OmegaDL50

Sell me this game with some cool gameplay vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVmaKcd_mps

https://youtu.be/ktKJu_mWatY

https://youtu.be/Xmw2eeLooyI

I'm happy there starting with this one, never really played it :)

Futari is the sequel, as in a different game entirely.

Unless the Steam version is getting both Mushihimesama AND Futari in some sort of bundle pack the second video you posted isn't something you'll see in the Steam release.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
I dunno what happened but I swear that Treasure said it would come some day after Ikaruga...

Maybe Ikaruga wasn't the financial success they hoped, they didn't said anything after it was released

Futari is the sequel, as in a different game entirely.

Yeah, sorry about that, I'm on my mobile and posted in a hurry :p

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Kind of surprised it's not Futari, but I'm stoked. I absolutely fucking love the original Mushi. It's also an easier game, so I think it's a smart first entry for PC.

Hope GOG wises the fuck up for a change and lets Degica publish the game on there.

Dremark

Banned
Kind of surprised it's not Futari, but I'm stoked. I absolutely fucking love the original Mushi. It's also an easier game, so I think it's a smart first entry for PC.

Hope GOG wises the fuck up for a change and lets Degica publish the game on there.

Wait GOG turned them down? lol wut

GamerJM

Banned

It's possible because you have a really small hurtbox. I didn't realize this until I played the games, lol, before then I saw YouTube videos and screenshots and was just like "wtf how is this possible," like you.

That is a joke photoshop.

It may be hard to tell the difference sometimes... Since some Cave games do throw completely undodgeable curtains of bullets at you at the very end. This is not one of those, as far as I remember.

danmaku

Great choice for their first game. Mushi has some fantastic 2d art that will look great in hd. Only problem, the scoring system sucks but the game doesn't force you to score high so it's not a big deal.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Starting right off with the game I wanted the most. Wonderful!

I hope this'll come to GOG at some point as well. Going by the posts above this seems to be more about GOG than Degica.

Next, do DoDonPachi DaiOuJou! :)

Coda

I'll buy this! Never played Mushihimesama.

It's great, you'll probably end up liking it better than Futari (assuming you maybe had only played the sequel). At least I eventually did as I played Futari first and then Mushihimesama. Both great games in their own right but the original just has a certain charm. Plus I love the fact that stage 3 is just a massive worm boss that you traverse along the entire level.

So... uh... is this game fun or just hard? I kinda tend to prefer shmups that aren't a complete ordeal. I guess I should skip this one.

Dremark

Banned
They said something like the games wouldn't fit the gog catalog or something along those lines if I remember correctly

XIIZEAL was denied, while Crimzon Clover: WI was accepted. It seems that GOG are a bit picky about the games they let on their service.

Turning down money. I'm going to be picky about picking these up because the platform and format aren't to my liking, but assuming they port something that I don't already have I'm buying it. Those purchases would be through GOG but I'll use Steam if they insist.

microfolk

As expected it was the first Mushi, great news! Now I just need to find out how to sleep as much as possible until Winter, the wait is already killing me.

shaowebb

The cool kids call it tate.

Definitely the way to play this game. I've been considering converting the spare desk in my bedroom into a shmup-cade. Pretty much at this point all I'll need to do is setup the casing with a 360, PS2, and a PC hooked up to it and I'll have the bulk covered. I'd have to setup an entirely new station though to celebrate Jap Saturn system imports though.

God its a great time to be a bullethell fan!

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
So... uh... is this game fun or just hard? I kinda tend to prefer shmups that aren't a complete ordeal. I guess I should skip this one.

I can understand how someone would come to the conclusion that bullet hell = hyper difficult = a painful slog, but I think this is a mistake. Games like this are actually really accessible. They're pick up and play fun... just don't expect to get a 1 credit clear at first.

"Easier" bullet hell games like Mushihimesama were the games that finally made the entire genre of shmups click for me as a newbie, several years back. The immediate thrill of weaving through bullet patterns put me in "the zone" in a way that few other shmups ever did. In fact, they were more "instantly satisfactory" to me, which is the opposite of what I believe some people think about bullet hell.

This game won't block you with difficulty. To the contrary, it invites you in and gives you a fast dose of enjoyment. You might not survive long term, but after a few moments attempting to survive waves of bullets, you will get an addictive buzz.

I can understand how someone would come to the conclusion that bullet hell = hyper difficult = a painful slog, but I think this is a mistake. Games like this are actually really accessible. They're pick up and play fun... just don't expect to get a 1 credit clear at first.

"Easier" bullet hell games like Mushihimesama were the games that finally made the entire genre of shmups click for me as a newbie, several years back. The immediate thrill of weaving through bullet patterns put me in "the zone" in a way that few other shmups ever did. In fact, they were more "instantly satisfactory" to me, which is the opposite of what I believe some people think about bullet hell.

This game won't block you with difficulty. To the contrary, it invites you in and gives you a fast dose of enjoyment. You might not survive long term, but after a few moments attempting to survive waves of bullets, you will get an addictive buzz.

Mushihimesama was in fact the game that got the genre to click for me, just as you say, so happy for this announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom