• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just remember to keep spoiler tagging specific discussion or information regarding leaks and whatnot until the next chapter. We've done a good job self policing so far, and it's only another day anyway. Only takes a few seconds to enure latecomers and others can have the option of remaining spoil free going in.

Snakeyes

He's a misogynistic ass because he goes out of his way to show to
His female characters as just extentions of of his male character wilms

Sasuke fucking stabs Karin like she's garbage and not 5 chapters later she's listing for his dick.

Sasuke tries to kill Sakura twice and her character NEVER grows beyond "Sasuke Kun!"

Fuck Kishimoto and his misogyny.

I think it's just a case of plain bad writing rather than misogyny.

maybe Naruto grew a brain and realized Hinata loved him since the beginning, and Sakura was just using him to get back Sasuke?
i mean he even called her on her bullshit when she did that fake confession in the manga, whereas Hinata had the balls to put herself in danger to protect the one she loved

Sakura genuinely loves Naruto, but obviously in the brotherly way.

Trey

Hinata looks like a damn corpse in that picture. Give her some offsetting color, please. She looked fine in all the other promotional stuff.

How are naruto's kids older than kurenai's?

Dahbomb

Sakura's finest moment in the entire series was her fight against Sasori and everything leading up to it. It show cased high level of intelligence both inside and outside combat, adaptability (combining attacks with the old lady and figuring out Sasori's attack patterns), will power, sheer physical strength, agility and courage. Everything you would expect from a heroine in an action series like this especially from a main character.

Too bad all of that turned into shit and she regressed to the Sasuke fangirl that she always was. That's probably the most disappointing aspect of her character... that she turns into a dumbass weakling when Sasuke enters the mix.

She reached a new low when she not only tried to manipulate Naruto's feeling but gave Sasuke a pass on attempting to kill her in cold blood.

You know how in the last chapter both Naruto and Sasuke are lying on the ground hurt badly... if Sakura walked up to them she would have a legit moral dilemma over who to heal first. And that's the fucking problem... that she even has to think about that.

I don't think 1 armed Sasuke would be hindered much. Remember Haku learned how to weave signs with 1 hand. He could always grow a robot arm if he needed it.

RE lover

The choice of characters for that pic is weird. I mean why include Temari and not Shikamaru? And why is TenTen looking backwards?

Lawl at Tenten in that picture.

Also interesting that The Sauce doesn't have his arm, yet Naruto does...

I'm sure he is keeping it a stump as a reminder of the error of his ways and the power of bonds and friendship to never stray into the darkness blah blah blah.

Also to keep that frisky Orochimaru away from him. He's not after damaged goods!

Trey

Where the hell is Rock Lee in that picture? How soon we forget that his fight with Gaara was a Linkin Park music video staple.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
4Ir6r2B.jpg

Rainy

Banned
I've lurked for a long time but...it kinda sucks how they'll be no more manga to speculate over and chat with you guys about. NarutoGAF can be pretty cool.

I'm sure he is keeping it a stump as a reminder of the error of his ways and the power of bonds and friendship to never stray into the darkness blah blah blah.

Also to keep that frisky Orochimaru away from him. He's not after damaged goods!

I'm honestly surprised that Oro didn't hook him up with an arm. Or maybe he did, but Sauce is too proud/arrogant to think he needs it?

wmlk

Hinata basically had no character development with Naruto. All of a sudden they have kids?

WHY? She is nothing.

How are naruto's kids older than kurenai's?

Do you even timeskip? It'll probably be Kurenai's daughter shown at the very beginning, and then time skip to show Naruto's kids like 5 years later or something.

Again, WHY HINATA?

Hinata basically had no character development with Naruto. All of a sudden they have kids?

WHY? She is nothing.

Do you even timeskip? It'll probably be Kurenai's daughter shown at the very beginning, and then time skip to show Naruto's kids like 5 years later or something.

Again, WHY HINATA?
Apparently if you have stalkerish habits you win in Naruto. Naruto wins by stalking Sasuke as we
ll.

Mendrox

Yeah everyone, please ignore her act when she tried to protect Naruto from Pain. Sakura didn't do shit in that part. I would rather be with someone who really cared about me all the time, even when I wasn't Jesus (or Jesus in the making)

wmlk

Apparently if you have stalkerish habits you win in Naruto. Naruto wins by stalking Sasuke as we
ll.

It honestly makes me really ticked off that Hinata and Naruto happened with barely any character development. At least Sakura had a personality and her own aspirations. She was obsessed with Sasuke like how Hinata is obsessed with Naruto, but unlike Hinata, Sakura did more than just obsess.

I understand the Pain thing, but again, that involved Naruto. Hinata never really did anything that didn't involve Naruto. She's poorly written and it was too late to do anything about it.

I don't see how The Last can suddenly add proper character development for Hinata. She reminds me of those SAO girls where they only ever think about Kirito.

ghstwrld

Yeah everyone, please ignore her act when she tried to protect Naruto from Pain. Sakura didn't do shit in that part. I would rather be with someone who really cared about me all the time, even when I wasn't Jesus (or Jesus in the making)

but Nardo doesn't care about Hinata, sis

If I were to go with a girl with no plot buildup what's so ever, I'd pick Ino or Tenten. The time skip has done them very well, especially Tenten.

wmlk

Sasuke x Sakura has to happen.......although I wonder why Sasuke is still missing an arm?

NaruHina confirmed lololol

Their kids look adorable.

I'm happy that this isn't happening. One-sided love.

I'm still wondering how they made the coolest looking character into the goofiest one. What happened to you, Sasuke?

I'm still wondering how they made the coolest looking character into the goofiest one. What happened to you, Sasuke?

He lost his reason to live, so there goes his fashion senses. Naruto forcing his ass to live despite him wanting to die last chapter.

Stage On

It honestly makes me really ticked off that Hinata and Naruto happened with barely any character development.

Barely any development?

Not counting any filler

Part 1
Her trying to help him in the chunnin exam written test
Her giving him healing cream in the chunnin exam
Naruto cheering for her during her fight with Neji
Naruto swearing to avenge her loss
Naruto talking to her before the chunnin exam finals, she cheers him up and he says he likes people like her
Hinata vows to become stronger as she watches Naruto leave the village to train for two years

Part 2
Risks her life to try and defend Naruto from Pain and confesses to him in the process
Was the one who talked sense into Naruto after he nearly gave up when Neji died

Evil confirmed it's happening. There has been a mixup with the symbols to which people speculated SK, but it was just to show Naruto's son and Sasuke's daughter get together.

Barely any development?

Not counting any filler

Part 1
Her trying to help him in the chunnin exam written test
Her giving him healing cream in the chunnin exam
Naruto cheering for her during her fight with Neji
Naruto swearing to avenge her loss
Naruto talking to her before the chunnin exam finals, she cheers him up and he says he likes people like her
Hinata vows to become stronger as she watches Naruto leave the village to train for two years

Part 2
Risks her life to try and defend Naruto from Pain and confesses to him in the process
Was the one who talked sense into Naruto after he nearly gave up when Neji died

Except the movie's premise says her feelings still haven't reached him at the start of the movie and also talks about "secret feelings". Thus it seems the so-called big NH moments weren't a factor in their relationship at all. They only mattered romantically on Hinata's side.

Krelian91

That's just the tip of the iceberg: I just recently reread the Chuunin Exam arc, and the NaruHina is all over the place. During the whole Hinata vs Neji fight, you can really see how similar they are in the sense that they're both considered failures but trying the best to improve. When Neji abuses her verbally during the fight, Naruto clearly shows that he understands her better than everyone (maybe save only Kurenai). Hell, after the fight he even swears on Hinata's blood that he will beat Neji.

And then you have Chapter 98, and it really can't get more explicit than that. The bond that Naruto has with Hinata is much deeper, the only ones that may have more in common with him are probably Sasuke and Gaara.

I don't hate Sakura and I recognize her merits, she's clearly a strong ninja who cares for Naruto, but... there just isn't much to build a good, well written romance between them.
Naruto and Sakura have a good friendship, I just think there are more hints for NH.

The only point I'm willing to concede is that Kishi's skill in writing romances is... not always constant to say the least, like Naruto completely forgetting about Hinata's confession after the fight with Nagato, which might still fuel hopes for a NS ending. But I blame that more on Kishi's bad writing than on Naruto's genuine disinterest. (Plus come on, what disinterest? Hinata being stabbed was enough to piss off Nardo enough to turn him into 6-tails mode.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom