• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Yeah everyone, please ignore her act when she tried to protect Naruto from Pain. Sakura didn't do shit in that part. I would rather be with someone who really cared about me all the time, even when I wasn't Jesus (or Jesus in the making)

We don't have to.

Naruto already did that wonderfully.

You can stab anybody in front of Naruto to piss him off.

thats kind of true but that moment was their to signify Hinata's affection for Naruto: she would risk her life to save him even when there was no hope of succeeding.

We evidently know how the girls feel. Sakura is hopelessly in love with sasuke and Hinata is in love with Naruto, however up till now we have had very little on how the boys feel about that.

We evidently know how the girls feel. Sakura is hopelessly in love with sasuke and Hinata is in love with Naruto, however up till now we have had very little on how the boys feel about that.

Yeah, this is why I think this was the easy way out. Kishi oversold the girls' feelings, meanwhile even if I said Naruto silently moving on from Sakura is uncharacteristic, we still haven't got anything from his side, so it was easier to think for most people that he indeed moved on/his feelings weren't as strong. And well, Sasuke was in the dark, Naruto had to set his head straight and anything can happen after that. His "Thank you!" to Sakura did show he valued her to some degree, so....

Frog-fu

Banned
Been in class all morning and haven't been able to keep up with the thread or information release. NH kids designs are legit, but I'm holding off on drawing any conclusions. We'll know by tomorrow.

wmlk

The problem isn't if Hinata likes Naruto nor is it about Naruto's feelings for Hinata. We're not arguing the hints either.

A lot of people just have a problem with Hinata the character, or lack thereof.

Mendrox

Been in class all morning and haven't been able to keep up with the thread or information release. NH kids designs are legit, but I'm holding off on drawing any conclusions. We'll know by tomorrow.

Do I see tears... Don't worry I am there for you.

Frog-fu

Banned
Frog-fu, what's to hold off about that? :lol

We've seen Hinata and and Toneri in matching ceremonial garb, meaning he has to have some nefarious purposes for Hinata, and if the trailer is any indication, she's opposing him fiercely at some point, thus the use of genjutsu to force her compliance is possible.

That, or Naruto moves on over the course of film and they end up together and have a bunch of kids.

We'll know tomorrow.

Do I see tears... Don't worry I am there for you.

Really?

wmlk

We've seen Hinata and and Toneri in matching ceremonial garb, meaning he has to have some nefarious purposes for Hinata, and if the trailer is any indication, she's opposing him fiercely at some point, thus the use of genjutsu to force her compliance is possible.

That, or Naruto moves on over the course of film and they end up together and have a bunch of kids.

We'll know tomorrow.

Really?

yo man 2 kids don't happen out of nowhere. They're together.

OK, calling it now:

Hinata gets placed under Genjutsu, which is where she sees herself as a mother with two children. She gets woken up by Naruto after almost giving up, they fight bad guy together, Naruto gets told what love is, gets shown what love is, her illusion becomes a possibility, end.

Barely any development?

Not counting any filler

Part 1
Her trying to help him in the chunnin exam written test
Her giving him healing cream in the chunnin exam
Naruto cheering for her during her fight with Neji
Naruto swearing to avenge her loss
Naruto talking to her before the chunnin exam finals, she cheers him up and he says he likes people like her
Hinata vows to become stronger as she watches Naruto leave the village to train for two years

Part 2
Risks her life to try and defend Naruto from Pain and confesses to him in the process
Was the one who talked sense into Naruto after he nearly gave up when Neji died
Also, she had those little moments where she always fainted when Naruto was around...

Hinata just never had her important mission and big moment on her own besides confessions, but she did have growth. I remember Naruto seeing her in the lake naked and saying she was beautiful in part 1, Kishi just didn't give her a big fight.

Also, she had those little moments where she always fainted when Naruto was around...

Hinata just never had her important mission and big moment on her own besides confessions, but she did have growth. I remember Naruto seeing her in the lake naked and saying she was beautiful in part 1, Kishi just didn't give her a big fight.

That was filler by the way.

Mendrox

What. Which chapter was that with naked Hinata? D: I don't remember that at all.

EhoaVash

A lot of you forget what inspired naruto.....dbz ...its a shonen manga for sake

Chi chi could be compared to hinata except hinata has more development

Sakurai is a bulma btw

A lot of you forget what inspired naruto.....dbz

Sakurai is a bulma btw
So who's Vegeta? Sauce?

I don't like Sauce nearly as much as Vegeta...I wanted Vegeta to truly be the legendary Sayian after all the crap he went through with Frieza and being constantly surpassed by Goku.

Sauce on the other hand receives powerups for free lol.

SoulUnison

Banned
I don't think 1 armed Sasuke would be hindered much. Remember Haku learned how to weave signs with 1 hand. He could always grow a robot arm if he needed it.

Still bothers me that that was brought up at the very beginning of Part 1 and then I don't think it was ever relevant again. Did we ever see anyone use
one-handed seals
for anything besides chakra control or to "kai" a technique?

SoulUnison

Banned
Sasuke x Sakura has to happen.......although I wonder why Sasuke is still missing an arm?

NaruHina confirmed lololol

Their kids look adorable.

Sasuke really doesn't *need* that arm to be awesome. I think the only thing that losing an arm will really keep him from doing is weaving seals for Katon techniques, which he has Kagutsuchi to replace, anyway.

Naruto, however, can't use Kage Bunshin without being able to perform the sign for it, so he'd actually be losing his signature technique.

Still bothers me that that was brought up at the very beginning of Part 1 and then I don't think it was ever relevant again. Did we ever see anyone use
one-handed seals
for anything besides chakra control or to "kai" a technique?

Minato performed it when trying to transfer dark Kyuubi into Naruto. Don't recall anyone else off the top of my head.

So who's Vegeta? Sauce?

I don't like Sauce nearly as much as Vegeta...I wanted Vegeta to truly be the legendary Sayian after all the crap he went through with Frieza and being constantly surpassed by Goku.

Sauce on the other hand receives powerups for free lol.

Thank god AT had the good sense to know he couldn't write romance for shit and so he never bothered with it.

Time skip, BOOM, they're married, babies, deal with it.

A lot of you forget what inspired naruto.....dbz ...its a shonen manga for sake

Sakurai is a bulma btw

This comparison doesn't hold much water, since Goku didn't have a crush on Bulma and Bulma before getting with Vegeta was together with someone else. Toriyama handled the romance much more lax and humorously than Kishi.

If people want to compare the romance of Naruto to another series, then Dragon Quest is a much better comparison. The romance setup and characters are eerily familiar to it, but that had an open ending. Kishi was a fan of that series iirc.

I have my avatar ready
tumblr_nek2ujWnL11shhv4eo1_500.png

Too much arm 0/10.

I'm going nuts trying to not click any of the spoilers. Nuts!!

Sasuke really doesn't *need* that arm to be awesome. I think the only thing that losing an arm will really keep him from doing is weaving seals for Katon techniques, which he has Kagutsuchi to replace, anyway.

Naruto, however, can't use Kage Bunshin without being able to perform the sign for it, so he'd actually be losing his signature technique.

Does Sasuke still need hand seals for Katon?

still waiting for chapter

Its coming out tomorrow

I love that
one of Naruto's kid is wearing that hyuga jacket

Also when one of you gaffers said his hair is shaped like a leaf I saw it instantly

Ponn

Banned

We'll know tomorrow.

If the last chapter is indeed a super time skip then that may be what the art referencing
the kids
is referring to. The movie's tagline says it explores a blank period that we do not know about so it sounds like the movie takes place between chapter 699 and 700.

Erigu

I wish they had consulted someone fashionable when designing what the characters would be wearing.
We are talking about the series with the ninja in an orange tracksuit, right?

If the last chapter is indeed a super time skip then that may be what the art referencing
the kids
is referring to. The movie's tagline says it explores a blank period that we do not know about so it sounds like the movie takes place between chapter 699 and 700.
Then again, like I said before, the same promotional material also says that it goes "beyond the original manga", so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom