• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naughty Dog nearly had Crash Bandicoot game inside Uncharted 4

Piggus

I think everyone and their mother knows about this spoiler. It's the worst kept secret right now and I don't even own the game.

Eh, I didn't know about it until I played the game last night. Glad it was a surprise for me, because it's a really awesome moment.

SNURB

This is an awfully specific thing to "lie" about. Something changed between then and now.

Also of note: Activision is not credited as the copyright or trademark holder for Crash Bandicoot in the credits of Uncharted 4 or anywhere else in the game. However, Naughty Dog was required to list them as such in their art book in 2014.

Speaking of which...
0853282F-EADA-4A7E-B8AF-2C7C06549F7C_zpsagb8vcwx.png

Universal/Activision don't appear on the box art at all.

That little Easter Egg of Crash in Uncharted 4 did more for the Crash franchise than any kind of hype or marketing Activision could have pulled off.

This is why Activision allowed it / didn't care to stop it.

SNURB

That little Easter Egg of Crash in Uncharted 4 did more for the Crash franchise than any kind of hype or marketing Activision could have pulled off.

This is why Activision allowed it / didn't care to stop it.

Not exactly an Easter Egg because
you have to play Crash TWICE since it's mandatory to the story.

jediyoshi

I think everyone and their mother knows about this spoiler. It's the worst kept secret right now and I don't even own the game.

*Among people actively reading the thread dedicated to the spoiler

What exactly is the path of someone running into this spoiler on this forum in that everyone would know about it? Is that more or less readily visible than something like the PS4 Neo?

Top Bottom