• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

bionic77

I had a thought: should/could the Lakers trade Jordan Clarkson to a fringy playoff team for 2017 potential lottery pick?
What teams need a Clarkson in February that is not a contender?

The Cavs would take him today but they have nothing to offer us. And I think we are in jeopardy of losing our pick.

We just need to keep accumulating assets, hope that Luke is the one and hope to get lucky in free agency in a year or two.

Lebron not having Lebrons is always going to bother me. Seriously WTF, how?

C0AWwU1XcAAJLMu.jpg:large

What teams need a Clarkson in February that is not a contender?

The Cavs would take him today but they have nothing to offer us. And I think we are in jeopardy of losing our pick.

We just need to keep accumulating assets, hope that Luke is the one and hope to get lucky in free agency in a year or two.

Not the contenders, but for the few sellers that are there, there are TONS of teams that think they have a shot at the playoffs and would want to trade.

Nuggets seem likely. Pelicans is possible??? Kings, maybe, but they don't even have anymore picks to trade. 76ers and Mavericks both possible. Magic maybe.

Seriously confused as to why the few teams that are guaranteed sellers in this market aren't feasting, there's too much lower tier parity.

boxter432

Boom! Wiggins buzzer beater for the win! Refs were just ridiculous in letting PHX (mainly pj tucker) just fucking hack and shove all night and gave them a phantom bailout foul with 6 sec left to give phx the lead.

pislit

What would be the trade deadline extravaganza this season? Boogie to the Nets? Jahlil to the Cavs? Howard to Boston?

HAHAHAHAHHAAHa

NO

76ers have more wins than the Timberwolves last season.

The Timberwolves have stars, no depth.
The Bucks have stars, and some baaaad contracts.
The Pelicans have a young star and an injury prone roster
The Lakers have possible stars (?) and good depth.
The Pistons have good depth, no true stars

etc. etc.

Sixers have stars and depth. Their main issue is if their stars remain healthy. Holy shit I'm glad I jumped on the sixers train last year. Thank you Jarate for convincing me of the Process earlier on.

76ers have more wins than the Timberwolves last season.

The Timberwolves have stars, no depth.
The Bucks have stars, and some baaaad contracts.
The Pelicans have a young star and an injury prone roster
The Lakers have possible stars (?) and good depth.
The Pistons have good depth, no true stars

etc. etc.

Sixers have stars and depth. Their main issue is if their stars remain healthy. Holy shit I'm glad I jumped on the sixers train last year. Thank you Jarate for convincing me of the Process earlier on.

Hope they win some titles. For a team with such a rich history they have only three titles.

Spurs beating raptors with no kawhi gasol or Tony 😏

No DeRozan for Raptors, but yeah

Didn't even notice that WAS was a game behind 3-4th seed. I thought they were below .500 lol.

They started off 6-11, currently have a 14 game home streak

Wall/Beal/Porter/Morris/Gortat is a damn good starting 5. If their bench was better (although it is improving), they might more often be listed up there with the Celtics and Raptors.

Tubobutts

Yeah, it continuously seems like the best way to start is trade for picks, then hire a coach, then listen listen to coach's input on personnel but not vets. D-league talent is too terrible, and if you don't get those 2nd round picks that so often seem to save your ass you're probably screwed.

Fire coach around 3rd or 4th year seems to work so far?

You know, I think I agree with one of the results from the game. Outside of the top 3 seeds, it's very unlikely that you land a star. But way too many teams in the 4-8 or 4-10 range go for upside, YOLO picks, that don't seem to work out.

Or maybe it's just that the teams that pick 10-20 or 15-20 tend to be better teams with better environments for rookies to play and develop in?
Firing your coach every year does a pretty good job of moving you up the lottery.

But the lesson seems to be that the draft is all about luck and a bunch of your players are going to die before training camp.

scoobs

Didn't even notice that WAS was a game behind 3-4th seed. I thought they were below .500 lol.
The reemergence of Markieff Morris has certainly helped, also Wall and Beal are playing at a very high level lately. I don't think they're real contenders but a nice team.

Plus they have some nice young players in Porter and Oubre that contribute a lot now. Particularly Porter, dude is a stud.

The reemergence of Markieff Morris has certainly helped, also Wall and Beal are playing at a very high level lately. I don't think they're real contenders but a nice team.

Plus they have some nice young players in Porter and Oubre that contribute a lot now. Particularly Porter, dude is a stud.

It's weird to think about how Porter was shaqtin MVP just a few years ago.

Actually, between javale, Porter, and Harden, the shaqtin MVPs are only miesunva resurgent Kendrick Perkins this season

Damn the Celtics suck ass right now.

They do, but the Wizards last night were also hitting a lot of ridiculous shots. As the Warriors learned in the past Finals, there's not much you can do against a fuckballing team when their shots are all going in. The one thing I'm concerned about is Amir. Amir is a fucking corpse at this point, I feel 0 confidence in his offense or his defense. Danny absolutely need to get any reasonable upgrade there or the C's are getting blasted in the playoffs.

The cure to getting blown out by 50 by the lowly Mavs is almost certainly NOT having to go on the road to Portland and Utah. Gonna be an ugly week.

Jarate

Banned
Sixers are in a great position right now, and I'm super glad. Our draft situation for the next few years are pretty set as well so we can be good.

One of the things BTW is how good Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot is right now. Dude has the athleticism to slash, good defender as a rookie, and a decent shooter.

If we could theoretically run McConnel, Luwawu, Covington, Simmons and Embiid, that could be one of the best defensive teams in the league just this year. I expect Simmons to play the 3 though so that they can play Dario and Ersan more.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
why on earth would you do this? Melo is on the decline, you aren't winning a championship with him even if he was in his prime. Brooklyn pick is unbelievably valuable with this years draft.

Boston ain't that dumb.

Meanwhile...

https://twitter.com/xOrtiz4x/status/824307710648844289

Mike Ortiz Jr.
‏@xOrtiz4x

Sources: LeBron wants management to explore trade options to acquire Carmelo Anthony from the Knicks. A third team would be needed.

9:27 AM - 25 Jan 2017

The infamous "sources" at work, but would be hilarious!

gutshot

Sixers are in a great position right now, and I'm super glad. Our draft situation for the next few years are pretty set as well so we can be good.

One of the things BTW is how good Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot is right now. Dude has the athleticism to slash, good defender as a rookie, and a decent shooter.

If we could theoretically run McConnel, Luwawu, Covington, Simmons and Embiid, that could be one of the best defensive teams in the league just this year. I expect Simmons to play the 3 though so that they can play Dario and Ersan more.

TLC is definitely coming along quicker than I expected. He's so rangy and athletic and he has above average court vision. You can see him getting more and more confident each game. I think he would need to improve his shooting quite a bit before they can play him at the 2 though.

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
Too bad Billy king is not the Gm of Brooklyn Nets anymore....he would've trade 3 1st round for Melo and technically Melo would still be in New York.

Top Bottom