• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K14 PS4/XBO press event

dolabla

Ryan McCaffrey tweet confirms they only showed the PS4 version, I think Xbox owners are going to have to get used to that scenario, at least for the first batch of titles.

Ryan McCaffrey ‏@DMC_Ryan 5m
Played NBA 2K14 on PS4, BTW. No Xbox One version here today.

Makes sense.

CSX

Chris Manning 2K14 @666Dude 20s
Beta tester Jeff Reed has JR Smith take 30 foot 3 with 19 on the clock. Triggers in-game Woodson to shake his head. Level of detail is stunning

As a knicks fan...

Yessssss.

That's insane. Wow wow wow at this attention to detail.

wtf.gif

why?

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Holy wow at that list.

I'm starting to understand why it's such a huge download now.

Ryan McCaffrey tweet confirms they only showed the PS4 version, I think Xbox owners are going to have to get used to that scenario, at least for the first batch of titles.

let's start a new thread and then wait for CBOAT to come. someone ask if they could tell what resolution the game was in

IN&OUT

Banned

I can't think of a single multiplat game being showed on Xbone...

hmmm, I might have to cancel my X1 preorder and wait until things are squared away with coding for the console. The fact that they arent showing X1 versions of COD, NFS Rivals and NBA2K13 is concerning.

Wait... someone likened the MyGM mode to connected careers mode in Madden. Is that just a fancy name for Association mode? Anyone know the difference?

wondering this too. connected career mode in madden is the best online system of any sports game so i hope other companies use something like that

Possum

Hey, guys! Alright. I'm not a basketball fan. I play sometimes, but I don't watch it or any of that jazz. However I'm actually pretty interested in this game. Is it more arcadey and just sort of any-type-of-player friendly, or should I really only bother if I'm a fan of the NBA?

Bullza2o

Will-Smith-Yelling-No-I-Am-Legend.gif

This MyGM better be good as fuck. Association mode is a huge part of the reason I buy 2k every year.

Yeah same here. That's also the only game mode my dad plays, so the alternative better be similar to an offline Association. If there's none then I'm not getting a PS4.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Wait--isn't "Association" mode basically the franchise mode? They took it OUT of the game?

Mik317

Wait... someone likened the MyGM mode to connected careers mode in Madden. Is that just a fancy name for Association mode? Anyone know the difference?

Yeah...hopefully that's the case but I hope I don't have to deal with shitty minigames and stuff.

You can go have fun with Live then since it'll be an option. ;)

I think I will...spinmoves all day yo.

lol...yeah I over reacted a bit, I'll still buy it but still it would suck that all of these glorified modes could potentially take the place of the bread and butter.

Hey, guys! Alright. I'm not a basketball fan. I play sometimes, but I don't watch it or any of that jazz. However I'm actually pretty interested in this game. Is it more arcadey and just sort of any-type-of-player friendly, or should I really only bother if I'm a fan of the NBA?

like all sports games, the game is what you make of it depending on how you play and difficulty. it is a basketball sim by nature but you don't have to play that way. i'm not a huge NBA fan but the game is great. if you have absolutely no interest in basketball at all then i don't know how much enjoyment you will get out of it but if you're even a casual fan then you'll have a good time

Bball sim.

Gameplay footage better be coming soon. This is BS that we're getting impressions from twitter accounts...

GameSeeker

Dear 2K Games,

Please deliver high quality, high bitrate 1080p footage from the event ASAP (like 5 mins ago even :p)

Thank you.

2k14 has quickly become my most wanted launch game. I've been a big fan of it in the past but I didn't think it could take away from my love of Dead Rising. Picking it up on PS4 immediately at launch.

I just hope there's a way that you can get Jordan in the game. That's all I want in this game, Jordan to dominate the NBA again.

What does it mean it's online now? Can you still play by yourself? What's the need for online?

If its like other games, you can play by yourself in a private league. I think I saw someone tweet that offline myGM is there.

Most people are complaining about not having the ability to have a MULTI TEAM OFFLINE myGM/franchise/association.

Guys,

From Operation Sports:
My GM is new franchise mode. Lots of RPG elements are in the next-gen game.

MyGM is a cerebral experience. Every decision changes the world around you. GM has attributes and special abilities.

MyGM includes conversations. You have to asses the emotional intelligence of the person you're talking too.

You will get fired from the owner of you don't maintain harmony in your organization, locker room and fan base. Revolutionizes what franchise mode is.

This is the complete evolution of association mode. Decisions and reactions is what this mode is all about.

"We have built a completely new experience for franchise players. All your day to day experiences have no right or wrong answers."

MyGM is essentially Association mode now. Just now you can only pick one team instead of multiple and they've thrown in loads of other elements. Looks like we will have to wait to see what it all entails as we get closer to release.

As long as it still gives me the option to set the CPU to certain tasks that I don't want to micromanage, I'm fine with it.

They can call it whatever the hell they want as long as it allows me to play multiple seasons.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Guys,

From Operation Sports:

MyGM is essentially Association mode now. Just now you can only pick one team instead of multiple and they've thrown in loads of other elements. Looks like we will have to wait to see what it all entails as we get closer to release.

Excellent. Cannot wait for this one.

Bread

Banned
yoooooo no offline association!?

that's what makes 2k my favorite sports game, and they took it away from me. guess I'm just buying the 360 version.

Top Bottom