• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K14 PS4/XBO press event

Chris Manning 2K14 ‏@LD2K 2m
Emotion Plus will categorize all the players personalities. Kobe is an Alpha Dog. He wants the ball, he's fierce...

We're about to get a lot of
AqF6OlKCAAAfQGC.jpg:large

SRTtoZ

Emotion Plus will categorize all the players personalities. Kobe is an Alpha Dog. He wants the ball, he's fierce...

That emotion he has allows him to harness that high level of play and it is showcased in the game. Players will show emotion - high and low

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

That emotion he has allows him to harness that high level of play and it is showcased in the game. Players will show emotion - high and low

So will we see some amazing chokes and breakdowns at the end of playoff games?

I REALLY hope they actually fix the sound of the crowds and have them react to rallies, clutch shots, etc..... it really takes a lot out of the game when you are making a comeback and the crowd is dead/ not cheering enough/ etc.

SRTtoZ

You will get fired from the owner of you don't maintain harmony in org., locker room and fan base. Revolutionizes what franchise mode is.

I REALLY hope they actually fix the sound of the crowds and have them react to rallies, clutch shots, etc..... it really takes a lot out of the game when you are making a comeback and the crowd is dead/ not cheering enough/ etc.

Agreed. Atmosphere is very important to me and what separates a lot of sports games from each other.

XiaNaphryz

You will get fired from the owner of you don't maintain harmony in org., locker room and fan base. Revolutionizes what franchise mode is.

So can you get fired Chris Webber/Don Nelson style? :lol

Chris Manning 2K14 ‏@LD2K 54s
Complete cut scenes in MyCAREER. Team captured hundreds and hundreds of scenes. A rival, agent, buddies and a compete cast of characters.

SRTtoZ

Chris Manning 2K14 ‏@LD2K 59s
Complete cut scenes in MyCAREER. Team captured hundreds and hundreds of scenes. A rival, agent, buddies and a compete cast of characters.

My Career cut scenes and voices updated?

Jeff: "captured 1000s of cut scenes w actors & whole life of player. Every experience of being NBA player. All you want to see is next path"

Over 40 hours of gameplay in your first year alone. More scenes showcased right now.

Oh, God... My Grizzlies are going to blow a (damn near) thirty-point lead! :-(

gazele

Banned
Chris Manning 2K14 ‏@LD2K 54s

Jeez, this game sounds incredible, they must have been working on the next gen version for a while to have great graphics and new features

If you knock him down by not touching him at all maybe his headband will fall off.

Speaking of which, I wonder if flopping will be in the game. I heard it was in the last one in some form but I never played it.

It's the best feature to use. If I use it, I pick the Clippers! ;-)

Jeez, this game sounds incredible, they must have been working on the next gen version for a while to have great graphics and new features

Ive read they stockpile data and animations until the hardware can emulate it.

So maybe a lot of this has been stored since the beginning of signature style.

Everything they want in cant go in every 9 months. So here we are.

XiaNaphryz

2014 i believe, fat chance the NFL doesn't re-up with Madden though

Only possible way I can see them not going with EA is if they feel the 2K basketball games become THE standard for next-gen sports games and the NFL feels like they don't want to play second-fiddle to the NBA and have a game that can trump that from the same devs.

But they'll likely just go with who can pay the most money.

2014 i believe, fat chance the NFL doesn't re-up with Madden though

Yep, it seems like there's a very slim chance that EA and the NFL will ever separate at this point. This is from the assistant director of external affairs for the NFLPA when he was asked about the deal ending

We have an agreement with EA and Madden. I have heard some opinions like yours, but honestly, EA is one of our best partners. I know they hear some of your input as well and work to improve the game every year.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/19eshr/iam_george_atallah_assistant_executive_director

Basically, we'll continue our deal and you should just hope that EA eventually makes the game you want.

Chris Manning 2K14 ‏@LD2K 59s
Cut scenes of MyPlayer and rival jawing at each other before rookie showcase. The rival and MyPlayer do NOT like each other to say the least

Chris Manning 2K14 ‏@LD2K 1m
Open field of courts shown with hundreds of MyPlayers playing. Quite a tease... Hmmmm... Conclusion of the presentation.]
540715.gif

Wait one more thing coming... When you're not balling in MyCAREER, you can hang out with hundreds of MyPlayers in the Park.

Open field of courts shown with hundreds of MyPlayers playing. Quite a tease... Hmmmm... Conclusion of the presentation.

And that's it for the press conference.

Kane1345

Thought so... Let's hope for a miracle.

I don't have any interest in American football at all (prob cause I'm from the UK) but if 2K can put this kinda effort into the next gen NBA game I hope you guys get your wish and 2K get rights to the NFL. I also hope they actually put the effort into the WWE games and get rid of Yukes

Zep

Banned
OK! All information is in the OP. If someone feels like making a info sheet, go right ahead!

I'll post impressions if they become available.

Any talk about the crowds ? That's what I'm looking forward to the most from next gen sports games, I hope they don't slack on it. Well animated and detailed crowds can take the presentation the next level.

Zep

Banned
Ronnie 2K 2K14 ‏@Ronnie2K 2mNow we are all doing interviews & press playing game. Lots of press to come out of this so stay tuned #NBA2K14

demolitio

Goodbye PC version, hope to see you again next year.

This game just shows you the difference in attitudes at 2K and EA with their sports games. They could have done an easy port with higher IQ and little fixes but they decided to make a mark with their first next-gen version that will resonate with fans even though they really haven't had any competition compared to Tiburon with Madden basically just cashing it in with the next-gen version that is underwhelming to those of us who even went in with low expectation.

Maybe having competition on the next-gen consoles helped and they want to make sure Live is still not a big threat to them, but I have to give props to them for not taking the easy route but instead trying to make a worthy entry to the new consoles that will have a lot of us double dipping.

Top Bottom