• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF E3 2014 Summary Thread

Lots of good games shown off today.

Microsoft really impressed me after I wrote them off last year.
UBI has some cool stuff coming, Far Cry looked awesome.
Sony has the overall edge so far and I'm really hoping Nintendo shows up big tomorrow.

Overall I think the leaks and announcements before E3 softened the hype for me, but still a ton of awesome stuff coming out in the next 18 months.....

But what the fuck was EA thinking today? Total trainwreck...

GC|Simon

I couldn't watch Sony's press conference live last night. Does someone have a link to the complete video? Can't find it on GameTrailers, etc....

JJD

You're doing God's work Ami! Thank you!

Hopefully you'll update the thread after the Nintendo digital thing? Unfortunately I'll not be able to watch it.

Godan

No Fallout 4 announcement has made me a sad panda.

Happy so far though with everything else. New Rainbow Six has me hyped.

Alpende

Thanks for this. I couldn't watch the conferences from Sony or Ubisoft so this is a great way to catch up. Gonna watch all dem trailers whenn I get home.

mclem

OP doesn't mention the GTA5 PS4 announcement. Although I was slightly delirious by that time of night (4AM!), so I don't remember exactly what the GTAV announcement was!

One bit I do recall is that they would allow characters imported from the online game from both PS3 and Xbox 360. Now, there was a mention of 'only on PS4', but I don't know if that was just the import facility or if it was GTAV itself.

Edit: Ah, it's in the multiplatform section. As I said, delirium!

Pachimari

Do anyone know when Gametrailers will be broadcasting live again? We are 4 hours from Nintendo's conference and they are not broadcasting.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member

I'm not feeling Ori and the Blind at all. Sunset Overdrive looks fun but other than that, the only things that interested me during Microsoft's conference are Tomb Raider and Call of Duty, which are multi-plats. At least Destiny and Far Cry during Sony's event had some bespoke exclusive features. Co-op play sans a copy of the game is great news for Far Cry, and love it or hate it, PlayStation has a lot of exclusive Destiny content.

I'd swap your Sony and Microsoft's rankings around, personally, but I concede that it might be because I'm not that fussed about Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, or The Last Guardian. Plus, MGSV is my number one game at the moment, so it was great to see it there too.

Laieon

I'm not feeling Ori and the Blind at all. Sunset Overdrive looks fun but other than that, the only things that interested me during Microsoft's conference are Tomb Raider and Call of Duty, which are multi-plats. At least Destiny and Far Cry during Sony's event had some bespoke exclusive features. Co-op play sans a copy of the game is great news for Far Cry, and love it or hate it, PlayStation has a lot of exclusive Destiny content.

I'd swap your Sony and Microsoft's rankings around, personally, but I concede that it might be because I'm not that fussed about Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, or The Last Guardian. Plus, MGSV is my number one game at the moment, so it was great to see it there too.

Sony and Microsoft both felt pretty similar to me (I actually gave them both a B- to start with), but I ultimately felt slightly more impressed by Microsoft's showing simply because it was such a huge step up from last year. I got the impression that they're really trying to improve their image, whereas Sony's was a step down and felt way too safe. Both had good things to show, both had bad, and I can definitely see how someone would like what Sony had to show more than Microsoft, it ultimately comes down to what games you want. I'm not a huge fan of stealth in games, so Metal Gear isn't too appealing to me (although it looks really nice visually, I know I won't like the gameplay).

IcyEyes

Despite that there weren't too many bombs, I'm really hyped because all the games shown have something that makes them worth playing.
Maybe it's that I love any games, but (for example) even if the reached number 10 with the Mortal Kombat franchise, I'm totally hyped for this game!

All the conferences were pretty good and I must admit MS conferences was really nice. I still don't like the company, but finally they dropped all that bs that made the previous conferences pretty annoying for some things.

Sony showed a lot of games despite the "pause" during the show, but that pause was useful to introduce some nice stuff. Maybe *B. M. Bendis* is not well know from everybody all around the world, but that guy is quite a name to comic lovers and he presented something that may mean a lot for many people.
I think Sony had a great show.

Ubisoft was pretty good with only 1 real surprise and I really liked that game. Unity co-op is a dream come true (I totally love this franchise and AC4 was pretty awesome), the Crew could be a really awesome game. Far Cry co-op sounds just awesome and The Division was a blast. Valiant hearts looks incredible, but I will skip this game.
Anyway, looks like UbiSoft is pushing the cooperative aspect hard. I mean almost all the games shown were co-op, multiplayer ... That is amazing for me!

EA ... Well, they played safe I think, too much sports for my taste, but overall there are some things that makes me pretty excited.
I hope Dragon Age will deliver, Hardline looks super fun and I already love this game. Not interested in the moba game (as a RtS fanatic, I really don't like this kind of game).
Now, Battlefront ... Well, who can't be excited by this game ?
ME4 ... Well, I never liked Shepard too much and I loved ME3, but only the multiplayer, so I really hope they get rid off the machismo of ME3 and bring an awesome multiplayer.
Mirror Edge. I'm biased. I loved the first game so much. I mean, it's one of my favorite games ever, so I'm totally hyped now!
I used to love the Sims ... now not anymore.

Talking about all the other games shown during Sony and MS conferences ...
Well, almost all those games are amazing and I don't really know where to start to talk about each of them.
I was impressed by No Man's sky. This game it's absolutely amazing.
Inside is ... is ... I have no words. It's truly incredible.
Ori ? Awesome. Really.

Maybe it's me (and I think I'm a lucky person!), but I'm really excited about what I saw so far and snap! Even CoD AW looks pretty cool!

Today I will have the chance to try all these games, so I will share more impression if someone is interested and feel free to ask if you want a specific feedback, I will be happy to share my experience.

Road

This sums up E3 for me so far.

gGcmKel.png

Very interesting. Probably a stupid question but has anyone played Type-0 for PSP? Was it any good? Just curious.

Heard it's one of the best game of the console. Most of my japanese speaking friends have played it and they are delighted by this announcement and it coming to the West.

Amir0x

Banned
Thank you LOCK.

Man Nintendo really went into fighter mode for Wii U, what a huge wealth of games for the system next year. It won't change the systems fortunes, but now no one can who owns the system should fail to be happy about SOME game or another. A very diverse lineup.

Went into this E3 not really that hyped, but still looking forward to learning a bit about Halo 5, Mirror's Edge, Battlefront, Uncharted, Mass Effect and Zelda. Still came away pretty disappointed. I didn't learn a fucking thing about these games, other than Zelda barely.

You can't show a teaser for a game we've already known about for an entire fucking year. That's shitty and it satisfies nobody.

We saw the Halo 5 teaser last year, so now this year we're going into it thinking "Alright, it's been a year, time to see what this game is all about" and it's another fucking teaser. Every other title I mentioned was also brought up at E3 last year, with the exception of Uncharted which was shown in November.

I don't actually blame the developers really (even though I might've made it sound that way) seeing as we're still transitioning into a new generation and games need their time to be made yada yada, but I can't help but feel deprived.

But that Mass Effect trailer was a joke. So many words with nothing being said "Yeah, we've got new characters, new places, it's gonna be great"

KB24

No Fallout 4 announcement has made me a sad panda.

I feel the same way, man. Hoping to hear something at Gamescom.

As a PS4 owner who's planning on getting an XB1 in the near future, I was pleased both conferences. Can't really decide if one was better than the other since there weren't many surprises.

Canucked

I'm having a hard time keeping track of stuff with work. This thread is very helpful. Thanks!

I wish I could keep track of what is 2014 and what is 2015.

jedimike

I greatly appreciated the post. Thx OP and contributors. It makes E3 so much better for those of us who can't follow daily.

Amir0x

Banned
Agreed. I've been thinking about picking up a PS4 as my next, but now I'm completely sold on WiiU. More GameCube than Wii and that's a very good thing.

It's funny - that's exactly what I was thinking.

People were trying to tell me Panic Mode Nintendo doesn't exist. Imo, they do, and this underlines it a bit. Insane amount of high quality content in the pipe for Wii U, and they're pretty much holding the enterprise up on their own two shoulders.

Top Bottom