• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Fantasy Football League (No Quitters 7) | Keeping Cloudy's Legacy Alive

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

No%20Quitters%20League%20History_zpswksrmcjr.png

Season 1
Season 2
Season 3
Season 4
Season 5
Season 6
Season 7 (Current)

Tentative Draft Date: Sunday, August 30th at 9:00pm Eastern / 6:00pm Pacific

So let's get the bad news out of the way first... it would appear that Cloudy got himself permabanned back in April.

The good news is that he's still acting commissioner of this league and No Quitters will be back for the 2015 NFL season. And I'll be damned if I'm going to let interest in this league dry up before I finally win the big one. So here's the annual league discussion and trash talk thread.

As always, previous players get priority. Invites were sent out a number of weeks ago but you can always check in to your Yahoo! fantasy profiles if yours got buried.

I'll maintain a wait list for potential new players in this OP for easy reference. Post in this thread below if you'd like to be added to it.

This IS an established money league so bear that in mind when expressing your interest. GAF does boast some awesome fantasy leagues that exist solely for bragging rights - although you'll still have to lose your shirt to play in at least one of them.

League Settings

Quick summary - this is a 16-team head-to-head, 0.5 PPR redraft league with a snake draft and weekly waiver priority determined by team standings (last place team gets to claim first). 8 teams makes the playoffs.

League dues last season were $65 with the top 4 teams making the money. Not anticipating that will change - that's up to Cloudy, of course. But that's the ballpark you'll be looking at to participate. Believe he'll be collecting payments via LeagueSafe again unless you're an evil foreigner like myself that must resort to old-fashioned PayPal.

Returning for Another Season

Team Konex / Will Eventually be Named Something Chargers Related {Cloudy aka The Commish}
Ain't No Losing Bihh {kememsi aka FirstPlaceLoser}
Angel's Superb Team {Sinistar}
Bail Kings GAFcoast {Crazymoogle}
Dinner Out {Cloudy's Cousin / Former 2-Time League Champion}
Ember Island Players {GCQuinton}
Foxhound {Bishman}
Good As Gould {rinker}
Hookers And Blow {Azwethinkweiz}
Long Island Broskis {UberTag}
Redbull Express GAF {acksman aka The Defending Champ}
SirGarbagemen {Sir Garbageman}
TD's N' Beer {minx88}

New Recruits for 2015

Gabriel's Team {1871}
Los Fuqboys {Furyous}
Spyders {schwagger15}

acksman

The thread has been made *Hoists the dusty trophy*

I was wondering how this was going to work. Sucks about Cloudy.

UberTag

The thread has been made *Hoists the dusty trophy*

I was wondering how this was going to work. Sucks about Cloudy.
It does suck - but he's still commishing and that's the important thing.
I wouldn't know what to do with myself if he didn't renew Quitters for 2015.
I don't trust those rando $100 Yahoo! leagues.
And I'm afraid DraftKings would eat up all of my disposable income if I devote more than a passing interest to it.

minx

I'll be in again ready to wheel and deal. I have my eye on the prize this year.

Regarding draft date, I see it is temporarily on Sept 6th. I will be on my honeymoon then and would like to not have to pray for good wifi and scheduling around it. My vote would be Aug 30th which is after the 3rd preseason games.

UberTag

Regarding draft date, I see it is temporarily on Sept 6th. I will be on my honeymoon then and would like to not have to pray for good wifi and scheduling around it. My vote would be Aug 30th which is after the 3rd preseason games.
I'm also partial to the 30th... and it looks like that's what the current draft window is looking like. I'm sure it remains flexible if there are any conflicts as it's still early.

Would also like to vote for FAAB this year.
I rather like the idea of introducing FAAB as well. That's a waiver structure that rewards skill and would work against some of the come from behind league champions we've seen in recent years.

Last season saw acksman stockpile choice waiver claims from his 1-4 start to make a late-season run that carried him all the way through the playoffs.

The season before GCQuinton finished the regular season with a sub .500 record (also starting 1-4 and then scraping by to 3-7) before taking advantage of favorable waiver priority to ride those lightning players to the league title.

So yeah, the recent narrative is that teams that struggle early are getting bailed out by the waiver wire at the expense of teams that remain consistently strong. Makes for some exciting finishes but I think FAAB would allow for more of an equalized playing field.

Of course, the converse of that argument (and why I think it makes sense to have a vote) is that the potential for a waiver goldmine keeps struggling owners invested and we don't see someone bail on their team halfway through the season. That historically hasn't been a problem in this league but it's a sound argument. If you have someone with a 2-4 team that just blew most of their FAAB budget on a guy who blows out their ACL the next week, it's certainly logical to think they might throw in the towel.

Choomp

Banned
I would love to join the wait list, sounds like a good time.

Sorry, take me off the list, not going to be around day of the draft. Hopefully next year.

Waitlist for me please.

Last year's FF name for other leagues:50 Shades of Forte

EDIT:Recusing myself. I'll actually be out of town and traveling during the draft day. Damn it, I'd really like to be able to do this.

UberTag

Of course, the converse of that argument (and why I think it makes sense to have a vote) is that the potential for a waiver goldmine keeps struggling owners invested and we don't see someone bail on their team halfway through the season. That historically hasn't been a problem in this league but it's a sound argument. If you have someone with a 2-4 team that just blew most of their FAAB budget on a guy who blows out their ACL the next week, it's certainly logical to think they might throw in the towel.
Cloudy's comments in the No Quitters league feedback forum echo the above perspective...
Good idea but gives less incentive to stay if your team is tanking and your budget is blown. Remember that the point of this league is to keep folks playing.

minx

I think a good incentive of quitting halfway through the season for a shit team would be that you wouldn't be allowed back in the league the next year.

Choomp

Banned
Sorry, no one saw my edit most likely. Could I be taken off the list? Can't make the draft day, hopefully next year.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
What did Konex do this time? How Perma is his Permaban? He has been around over a decade and unless he did something really stupid, that definition may stretch a little bit for someone with so much history and with so many GAF memes attached to him...

UberTag

What did Konex do this time? How Perma is his Permaban? He has been around over a decade and unless he did something really stupid, that definition may stretch a little bit for someone with so much history and with so many GAF memes attached to him...
Seems pretty perma at this point. He's been banned for over 3 1/2 months... don't believe there's a temp ban that lasts that long.
Shame too... he had that account alive and kicking for close to 11 years.

Omega

Banned
he needs waitlisters to spoiler tag their emails

or quote to hide so lurkers can't get it and then i'll relay that info unless someone already contacted you guys

hunchback

I need to be removed from the list please. While waiting I found a league.
I would really enjoy playing with you guy's next year instead of a bunch of randoms.

UberTag

Football season is now official!
I really need to start doing some draft prep. I'm slacking this year.

9 team owners have paid up... 7 remain outstanding. I'll clear out the waiting list once the rest of the league dues have been covered.

UberTag

What is the deadline? I am paying for my other money league this Friday. Then No Quitters next on the agenda.
I'm not sure there's a hard deadline. Clearly the commish would want to have ample time to swap in someone pre-draft day if one of the current owners couldn't commit but if you'll have no problem covering the dues before then I wouldn't sweat it.

donjezzy

Hey guys,

I think I'll pass this year and let one of the waitlist people in this year. Enjoyed the 3rd place finish last year. Good luck to you guys this year and have fun!

Hey guys I've decided to back out of the league as I don't think I can pay the dues on time. Hope everyone has a great season!

minx

Draft date and time is confirmed for a Sunday correct? Half per? Any way we can get draft positions earlier than usual thus year?

UberTag

Draft date and time is confirmed for a Sunday correct? Half per? Any way we can get draft positions earlier than usual thus year?
Draft date and time has remained static since it was set.

As have the rules (1/2-point PPR). Frankly, I would prefer to not have any rule changes so close to the draft that could fundamentally alter draft strategies. Think we did that one year and I was not a fan.

Would love to have draft positions earlier instead of 15 minutes beforehand but that's entirely up to Konex and I doubt very much that he'll waver on that but there's no harm in asking him directly.

UberTag

Just a heads up that draft time has been moved due to scheduling issues to Saturday at 1:00pm.
There's an ongoing thread in the league message section on Yahoo! if you have any conflicts.

Also, which one of you guys is managing Los Fuqboys?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom