• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Fantasy Football League (No Quitters 7) | Keeping Cloudy's Legacy Alive

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet dinner out was feeling good about their chances last night going into the late game. Then Carlos Hyde goes off for 31 points and I win by 3.

minx

Have to love Matthews getting 17 points in the 4th quarter Garbage time.

Hate to hate Lacy getting hurt. I was very close to dropping Starks instead of Robinson as I figured the chances of Lacy getting hurt was minimal.

minx

I miss UberTags weekly in depth recaps/previews. Or was that only late last year near the playoff hunt?

UberTag

I miss UberTags weekly in depth recaps/previews. Or was that only late last year near the playoff hunt?
I ran those steadily for a couple years but it chased some people away from the league so I elected to scale them back.
My team is off to a pretty rocky start this season. Will need to replicate some of that 1-4 late-season rebound magic of our last two champs or I'm not going to be anywhere close to sniffing the playoffs at the end of the year.

acksman

I ran those steadily for a couple years but it chased some people away from the league so I elected to scale them back.
My team is off to a pretty rocky start this season. Will need to replicate some of that 1-4 late-season rebound magic of our last two champs or I'm not going to be anywhere close to sniffing the playoffs at the end of the year.

I am right there with you. With Romo out it has been a rough start.

minx

How those would chase people away from the league is beyond me. People are so sensitive these days. Your team is good this year but it doesn't help that you have had the 2nd most points scored against this year. Unfortunately your match up this week is against me with the 2nd highest point total despite getting less than 1 point from a RB both weeks due to I jury. If I can actually get some production from both starting RBs this week that would be great. Hoping Lacy sits to rest his ankle rather than play hobbled and split carries.

UberTag

We've had a couple people rebound from 1-4 to win the whole league... but it's looking like I may need to rebound from 0-4 to do it. What fun!
On the bright side, I'm still in the top half of the league in total points scored.

UberTag

Hang in there I did it last year!
That you did... thanks in large part to Andrew Luck being an uncategorical disaster.
That said, it's easier to come back from 1-4 than it is 0-4. And I've got a good chunk of my roster on bye next week on top of that.

No team in No Quitters history has ever rebounded from an 0-4 start to make the playoffs... let alone make the money.

One thing I will say is this... if I fail to win this week, I'm going to need to be a little more radical in my approach to the season.
As such, if I fall to 0-4 I will be putting Jamaal Charles up on the trading block and will take the best package offer that comes my way.

UberTag

Still not taking anything for granted (Randle and Baldwin are capable of racking up 50 points between the two of them) but I think I'll be able to forego a firesale on Charles.

Happy to see Sir Garbageman heading towards his first victory as well... although it's not looking good for 2013 GCQuinton as he seems headed towards an 0-4 record and will need to surpass his miracle run from two years ago to make a playoff push. That said, if there's anyone that can come back from those odds, it's him. His team at various points during that season had a record of 1-4, 2-6 and 3-7... and he then rallied with six straight wins to take down the No Quitters league championship. He knows how to execute with #1 waiver priority and how to wield it with deadly precision.

Also, that matchup between the unbeaten TD's N' Beer of minx88 and the unbeaten Bail Kings of crazymoogle is going right down to the wire.
Will be interesting to see if Ingram can hold off the double-barrel attack of Spiller and Ebron.

UberTag

Well, there goes my season. Charles is done for the year.
In retrospect, I sort of wish I had lost last week because then I would have dealt Charles and gotten something for him.
Now I'm completely toast.

Best of luck to everyone else!

minx

Well, there goes my season. Charles is done for the year.
In retrospect, I sort of wish I had lost last week because then I would have dealt Charles and gotten something for him.
Now I'm completely toast.

Best of luck to everyone else!

I was just thinking today how I wish you would have taken Lacy so I could have Charles. Who knew I should have started Starks, Sankey, and Riddick all over Lacy. But yeah I lost Charles in another league. Brutal.

UberTag

I was just thinking today how I wish you would have taken Lacy so I could have Charles. Who knew I should have started Starks, Sankey, and Riddick all over Lacy. But yeah I lost Charles in another league. Brutal.
On the bright side, my team is now 3rd overall in total points scored.
Not that it matters 'cause my season is done... but hey, it might be fun playing cheerleader for once.
Besides, I can't expect to hog one of the 4 money slots every season.

Incidentally, you're doing much better this year so don't let these last two losses get you down.
I think you're primed to not finish 6-7 in this league for once.

minx

On the bright side, my team is now 3rd overall in total points scored.
Not that it matters 'cause my season is done... but hey, it might be fun playing cheerleader for once.
Besides, I can't expect to hog one of the 4 money slots every season.

Incidentally, you're doing much better this year so don't let these last two losses get you down.
I think you're primed to not finish 6-7 in this league for once.

So long as my team stays healthy and Lacy quits shitting the bed I should finish over.500 for sure.

UberTag

Okay... how exactly did 2-time champ, Dinner Out, land Charcandrick West in ELEVENTH PLACE?

Hello 12th-16th place teams? I know we can only start two running backs each week but WTF? I just threw up in my mouth a little. I'm actually in agony over the thought that had my roster not all played in the early games this week, I could have benched some guys once Charles got hurt, taken the loss and actually landed him.

Ugh. That's like salt in my still fresh wounds. Ah well... I can see Dinner Out doing some serious damage going forward. Dude's accomplished.
He's your opponent this week too, minx.

Incidentally - unrelated to this league - but I'm happy to see that acksman was able to land Charcandrick over in the SLAENT league. He could really use him and nearly emptying his FAAB bank for him was the correct call, IMO.

minx

Another reason why not doing FAAB is really really stupid. My team started out hot and now have lost 2 games. So now a team that is 2-3 picks up the best FA so far this year (what the other teams under him were thinking I don't know) and could easily beat me making us equal now at 3-3. It just doesn't make sense. It feels like every year we all say we want FAAB is it never happens.

Also looking to trade Tavon Austin for a RB. Also willing to include one my my RBs that doesn't play for the Packers. Would also part with a TE. I sent out plenty of trade offers on Monday and Tuesday and have yet to hear back besides UberTag. I have to realize most people simply don't care and don't check their trades.

acksman

So damn quiet here. It has been a busy year for me business wise so not much fun time on the boards lately.

I don't see how Dinner Out is not 5th or higher. He has just had some unlucky weeks.

Also Bail Kings taking a chance on Brady has really paid off for them this year.

My QB situation is crap and WR is not far behind that. Levon is my only shining beacon of light.

minx

Yeah this league isn't what it used to be. I used to really enjoy it because the high buy in and thus high winnings enticed most people to regularly check their trades and not quit(hence the name of the league) Today I have to cancel 5 trade offers because owners never responded.... Some of these trades I sent on Monday before waivers. Then again some of those owners apparently didn't bother with waivers since K. West wasn't picked up by the bottom teams.

So damn quiet here. It has been a busy year for me business wise so not much fun time on the boards lately.

Also Bail Kings taking a chance on Brady has really paid off for them this year.

I'm a busy guy this year but I respond to all offers/comments.

Brady def worked out, really going WRs+Brady was awesome. Thought I'd ride Cutler for 4 games and didn't even need to use him for one. Really could use a 3rd WR option but only received a few rotten offers.I've sent an offer now and then but this week hands are tied depending on Yeldon.

UberTag

Wow... I can't believe you were able to swindle Lamar Miller out of XOF for Riddick after a bye week and a coaching upheaval by the Dolphins. I don't care if he's been garbage all season. Everyone on the Fins has been and the talent and potential Miller brings to the table just supercedes anything Riddick is doing on an equally inept offense.

Nice work, minx. Consider me in your fan club going forward. Hell, I'm kicking myself that I didn't think of throwing a package together for him now. Would have offered something like a combo of Brandin Cooks and Matt Jones for him and a scrub receiver.

I'm literally taking flyers on running backs this week hoping something sticks. Would especially be thrilled if Allen breaks out and Forsett hits the 30-year-old RB wall because I was fortunate enough to snag him in every league I'm in. Would go a long way to making up for the mistake of having any sort of belief in Jonathan Stewart this season.

minx

His comment in the trade said let me mull it over until Monday.... So he might have meant to deny the trade? Not really sure.

Wait XOF is Cloudy?

I also think Allen will be a great pickup UberTag I wish I saw the Taliaferro hit IR sooner.

UberTag

His comment in the trade said let me mull it over until Monday.... So he might have meant to deny the trade? Not really sure.

Wait XOF is Cloudy?

I also think Allen will be a great pickup UberTag I wish I saw the Taliaferro hit IR sooner.
My bad on the owner confusion there. Silly acronym usage.
The Commish's team is Me Lucky Charms. XOF is Furyous.

That said, I think the Lacy / Miller tandem will be doing big things for you in the 2nd half of the season.
Great job fortifying the holes in your roster.

minx

Miller has already outscored any RB I have started this year. Too bad he is on my bench. XOF didn't even stat Riddick and has no one at RB.... Anyways I knew my Marshall pick would be money as I called it during the draft. However, my delima of Hopkins or Mathews..... I botched that one.

UberTag

I'm still running on fumes at Running Back but at least it looks like Martavis Bryant was worth the wait. Looking forward to rolling him out in my lineup regularly once Big Ben is back.

As dejecting as it is having so many teams run up the score on my team (2nd in points scored against and another likely 100+ point bomb by my opponent today, Kememsi has had it even worse. She's averaging 120+ points by her opponent each week and Bail Kings is poised to drop 130 on her today.

I mean, just look at this string of opponent matchups...

Week 1 - 101.06 by Hit bank & withdraw
Week 2 - 124.90 by Hookers And Blow (#3 in points that week)
Week 3 - 117.26 by Angel's Superb Team (#3 in points that week)
Week 4 - 125.51 by SirGarbagemen (#2 in points that week)
Week 5 - 130.08 by Long Island Broskis (#1 in points that week)
Week 6 - 129.89 (current projection) by Bail Kings GAFcoast

Aside from her Week 1 victory (which was still against an opponent in the top half of the league in scoring), she's faced 4 consecutive Top 3 opponents and is on the way to losing to a 5th. The odds of that happening in a 16-team league are astronomical. Like I feel bad for her and I'm sitting at 2-4 with my RB1 on the shelf after entering the week just 4 points shy of 2nd overall in points scored. That's just atrocious luck.

I'm still running on fumes at Running Back but at least it looks like Martavis Bryant was worth the wait. Looking forward to rolling him out in my lineup regularly once Big Ben is back.

As dejecting as it is having so many teams run up the score on my team (2nd in points scored against and another likely 100+ point bomb by my opponent today, Kememsi has had it even worse. She's averaging 120+ points by her opponent each week and Bail Kings is poised to drop 130 on her today.

That is pretty rough. She will definitely lead in points against next week, and gets TD's n' Beer (#4 team). It's not just about schedule though, looking at your list, that's #7, #8, and #15 teams mixed in there.

I do know the feeling a bit; in another league that many of us also take part in I am clearly leading in points against and have the identical 1-4 record to show for it. Tide is turning a little bit this week but its a tough trudge.

And Martavis...well, I want to believe, but until Ben is back this team is a random deck of cards. Lots of mouths to feed and no guarantee the ball will get there. (Clearly Landry is a big upgrade over Vick but we're still not out of the QB3 wilderness yet)

UberTag

I accepted your offer. Hopefully makes both of our squads better.
Well, it certainly made your team better.

To put this week's beatdown of Redbull Express GAF in historical perspective, you've already eclipsed the 154.66 points doled out by acksman in his Week 3 decimation of rinker's Good As Gould.

The all-time record for points scored in a single No Quitters contest is held by yours truly. Last season, I dropped 161.36 points on donjezzy's The Hibachi Grill... also during Week 8.

If you get 2.23 points or more out of Ted Ginn tomorrow night, you will BREAK that record. Very impressive!

UberTag

Yup just make it stop. Add insult to injury with my loss of Bell today as well.
Welcome to my world. And, of course, Dinner Out had to lose so he'll wind up with his pick of DeAngelo or Langford on Tuesday night.
He can easily make a playoff run from 3-5. My team, on the other hand... well, I'm just playing out the next five weeks.

Incidentally, this was the first time the Commish has beaten me in 5 attempts. So congrats to Cloudy on finally taking me down. It was long overdue.

GCQuinton

Just finished up a two week stint in the hospital (ruptured appendix, good times), so naturally I haven't had the time to make any kind of moves to salvage this season. Probably couldn't do much anyway, but I want at least two wins!

UberTag

Just finished up a two week stint in the hospital (ruptured appendix, good times), so naturally I haven't had the time to make any kind of moves to salvage this season. Probably couldn't do much anyway, but I want at least two wins!
Yikes, a ruptured appendix doesn't sound like much fun at all. Certainly sheds some perspective on those of us who bemoan an injury to our virtual fantasy team as the end of the world.

acksman

Holy crap hope your doing better!

UberTag

And Sir Garbageman has locked down the record for most points scored ever in a single No Quitters matchup.
Barring Ginn dropping multiple fumbles for negative yards or something absurd like that.

Congratulations!

acksman should have a much easier time of it next week facing off against my Broskis.

UberTag

Welcome to my world. And, of course, Dinner Out had to lose so he'll wind up with his pick of DeAngelo or Langford on Tuesday night.
He can easily make a playoff run from 3-5. My team, on the other hand... well, I'm just playing out the next five weeks.
No surprise that Dinner Out banked DeAngelo given the 5 teams below him seem resistant to making any moves.
I really wanted him to beat kememsi last week but it was not to be.

Damn you Randall Cobb. Costing me DeAngelo Williams. <shakes fist>

His tandem of DWill and Charcandrick should prove mighty fierce in the coming weeks.
Jeremy Hill is even coming on strong now. The saving grace is that he's got three Top 20 running backs and can only start two.

Thankfully I already played him in Week 4 so I won't need to go up against that.

I let Sir Garbageman have Langford. Figured it was a diceroll at best that I would get significant use out of him over the next two weeks. Aiken seemed likely to provide more long-term upside.

looking for WR for my RB Angels superb team! go go go
I have WR depth again so feel free to send over an offer. Perhaps you'll score a 50-point like Sir Garbageman did when I sent Cooks and Watson his way.

UberTag

I feel like the Commish is beating me for the second straight week. He plucked my emergency kicker off the waiver wire an hour into the 1 o'clock games today. And with Hillman (or the rest of the Broncos not named Emma Sanders) not showing up for work today, that's probably going to cost me my 6th defeat.

minx still seems to be banned. I hope that wasn't a permaban but I fear that it was.

acksman

minx banned? geez what is going on around here.

Also what happened with your kicker? I had to double take at that today. I did not think I had a chance.

UberTag

Also what happened with your kicker? I had to double take at that today. I did not think I had a chance.
Planned to grab a kicker for the late games if I needed one. Built up a lead in the early games, saw Sturgis was still available at 1pm, planned on dropping one of my RBs for him if it became necessary.

Cloudy was also running without a kicker and scooped Sturgis up a little before 2pm. I didn't realize this until after the 4 o'clock games kicked off so no one else was up for grabs.
That said, I do hope that kicker pays dividends for Cloudy tonight in terms of helping him get an unlikely win.

XOF will be Dinner Out's next victim and will have to face the two-barrel assault of Charcandrick West and DeAngelo Williams.
Next up for me will be losing to rinker and falling to 3-7.

UberTag

Congrats to GCQuinton for finally racking up the first win of the season for the Ember Island Players this week.

Glad to hear you're out of the hospital and on the mend.

UberTag

Congrats to crazymoogle on winning his 9th straight matchup. Only 7 wins away from perfection.
minx came the closest to knocking the Bail Kings into the loss column back in Week 4 but he's been on cruise control ever since.

Congrats to crazymoogle on winning his 9th straight matchup. Only 7 wins away from perfection.
minx came the closest to knocking the Bail Kings into the loss column back in Week 4 but he's been on cruise control ever since.

This is tough stuff. I hated losing Karlos Williams but needed to squeak out some of that bye week madness :/ God bless PPR, really turns Antonio Brown into a monster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom