• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Fantasy Football League (No Quitters 7) | Keeping Cloudy's Legacy Alive

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

Did I get removed from the league what happened.........
Konex bounced everyone that hadn't yet sent in their dues. Although I think he should have allowed a little extra time for you seeing how you just signed up.

Bishman got bounced as well. I believe in both cases he'd be game to re-send invites if you're able to pay immediately.
Don't think he wants to go into a draft in four days with only 14 teams.

Soupy

Banned
It looks like this league is already full.

Does anyone know of any other NeoGAF leagues that have openings?

The league I have been playing in for the last 6 years recently had the commissioner's Wife join in. Two people in the same household/bank account should NOT be allowed in the same league. I know for sure the commissioner will play both his team and his Wife's.

Bishman

I couldn't make the draft time on Saturday which is noon for me. I have work. And I saw the majority of the league could. I'm not going to hold the league back.

UberTag

I couldn't make the draft time on Saturday which is noon for me. I have work. And I saw the majority of the league could. I'm not going to hold the league back.
Turns out that wasn't the case at all. As the majority of the league just voted the draft time back to Sunday evening.

We still need 16 players and Sinistar's already paid up (albeit not added yet) so follow up with Konex if the Sunday draft time works out for you. I have to presume Dinner Out will either rely on auto-draft or Konex to assist with his picks directly.

MBison

Is there an open spot? You know in the league I was in two years and didn't get invited back to? :p

I know you feared dat double tight end strategy :)

spyder_ur

The 'W/T' position in the starting lineup has to be filled by a WR or TE, correct? So no RB in that spot? It's the first time I've seen that designation but I don't play on Yahoo that much. Not sure what the point of that is, exactly, but just confirming that a RB can't be played there.

So many fractional points in this scoring system.

The 'W/T' position in the starting lineup has to be filled by a WR or TE, correct? So no RB in that spot? It's the first time I've seen that designation but I don't play on Yahoo that much. Not sure what the point of that is, exactly, but just confirming that a RB can't be played there.

So many fractional points in this scoring system.

Yes, W/T means WR or TE. Basically, think of it as a 3rd WR slot (which used to be common in 14-16 teamers) but you can substitute a tight end. At the low end there are tight ends who can be as useful as random 2nd-3rd WRs some weeks, so it expands the pool. It also means there are typically more emergency RBs on the wire.

spyder_ur

Yes, W/T means WR or TE. Basically, think of it as a 3rd WR slot (which used to be common in 14-16 teamers) but you can substitute a tight end. At the low end there are tight ends who can be as useful as random 2nd-3rd WRs some weeks, so it expands the pool. It also means there are typically more emergency RBs on the wire.

Thanks. Yeah I get the mechanics of it. I was just making sure - seems like especially in a 16 teamer that would almost exclusively be a 3rd WR spot, unless you are stuck.

Bishman

What is the verdict of switching over to FAAB? It is 2015 and we are still using an archaic waiver system. Smh.

UberTag

What is the verdict of switching over to FAAB? It is 2015 and we are still using an archaic waiver system. Smh.
Hoping we'll poll the league on introducing FAAB early on prior to next season so we can get a clear consensus on making the switch.

I made as clear an argument as I could earlier in the thread as to why FAAB would be a refreshing change of pace.
If we wind up with another 1-4 team making a championship run with a loaded roster, we should really give it serious consideration.

There's another poll running asking owners if they'd like the random draft order established pre-emptively to accomodate additional prep time instead of just 15 minutes beforehand.

minx

UberTag picking in front of me every other round will most likely prove to be annoying to say the least. 6 is a good spot however.

UberTag

DRAFT ORDER

1. Redbull Express GAF
2. SirGarbagemen
3. Los Fuqboys
4. Bail Kings GAFcoast
5. Long Island Broskis
6. TD's N' Beer
7. Ain't No Losing Bihh
8. Foxhound
9. Good As Gould
10. Ember Island Players
11. Dinner Out
12. Angel's Superb Team
13. Spyders
14. Gabriel's Team
15. Konex
16. Hookers And Blow

UberTag

Hmm I was in the number 2 slot last year
And the year before that I might add.
The No Quitters randomizer loves giving you those early picks.
Now let's see if you can parlay this 1st overall draft slot into a 2nd consecutive league championship.

UberTag

UberTag picking in front of me every other round will most likely prove to be annoying to say the least. 6 is a good spot however.
Congrats on having the best draft according to Yahoo!
And you owe it all to me sniping Jonathan Stewart from you in the 5th round and forcing you to grab Spiller in his place.

Hope it works out for you. I didn't want to chance anything given how shady the Saints are with injury news.
Went through that nonsense last season with Ingram and it was not fun.

I think I like Lacy more than Charles this year too but went with Charles to mix things up as I had Lacy last season.
Was actually hoping one of the Steelers would slide to me in the #5 slot but it was not to be.

It's kinda nice to have a homer pick in the first round, for once. Look forward to lots of scoring from the Steelers and that PPR magic!

UberTag

It's kinda nice to have a homer pick in the first round, for once. Look forward to lots of scoring from the Steelers and that PPR magic!
Brown will be reliable money for you in this format every week especially if he continues being the target magnet he was last season (and there's no reason to believe otherwise with Bryant suspended for a month). Plus, he gets return yardage as well.

You've put together a really solid team at all angles... albeit one that may wait to pay dividends given the amount of bench space you have tied up in players serving suspensions and/or recovering from injury. At least Blount is only out of the equation for a week.

No glaring weaknesses at all and you really lucked out by having Ingram slide all the way back to you in the 3rd after doubling down on receiver early. He had no business still being there.

Furyous

I can't wait for the draft grades to come out. I did okay all things considered. Was doing all right and then Malcolm Floyd was selected in front of me due to an error on my part. Should've picked Teddy Bridgewater there but whatevs.

UberTag

I can't wait for the draft grades to come out. I did okay all things considered. Was doing all right and then Malcolm Floyd was selected in front of me due to an error on my part. Should've picked Teddy Bridgewater there but whatevs.
I think we're all curious to see how Yahoo! evaluates the "draft multiple mid-range QBs as trade bait" strategy.

I didn't fare so hot in the bye week matchup avoidance this time around.
Yahoo! has me projected as facing the largest combined total of opponent scoring this season.

Last season, my Points Against was 3rd lowest in the league. And the year prior, my Points Against total was the absolute lowest. And 4th lowest the year before that.
Looks like I'm going to have to grind my way to the playoffs as I did back in Year 3 if I'm going to keep my unblemished "make the money" streak alive.

The draft was very confusing. One team has 2 DEFs 2Ks, one team has 4 QBs (down from 5), another drafted 5 WRs in the first 5 rounds. I mean, the waiver wire can change everything so you can't write anyone off, but that was not optimal.

Drafting 14 was tough but I'm happy. I decided to go Gronk + Rodgers for the first two rounds, hoping I'll compensate my RBs with a later play: drafting the Texans RBs, Foster + Blue who'll be the starting RB during Foster's injury. I might have gambled a bit too much with my WRs (Davante Adams, Nelson Agholor, Victor Cruz, Kenny Stills, Ty Montgomery).

I think my favorite team is Good as Gould. I really liked the first half of their draft.

Brown will be reliable money for you in this format every week especially if he continues being the target magnet he was last season (and there's no reason to believe otherwise with Bryant suspended for a month). Plus, he gets return yardage as well.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure some folks in the league weren't betting enough on PPR + KR yards. Some of those return guys are going to float to the top of the waiver wire in a week or two.

Anyway I never really get to draft homers at all, so just a new feeling.

You've put together a really solid team at all angles... albeit one that may wait to pay dividends given the amount of bench space you have tied up in players serving suspensions and/or recovering from injury. At least Blount is only out of the equation for a week.

Suspensions are okay. To me they are the best way to miss time because instead of being hurt and recovering, they're healthy and recovering. Of course I had to pick 3 Patriots which sucks but given a choice between Big Ben and Ingram I think I made the right decision.

UberTag, I think your roster is very upside heavy. Cooks/Landry/Funchess are either going to be WR4 or WR1, really. They all have the opportunity, for sure, but it's a bit of a roll of the dice. But your starting RB are solid (everybody is sleeping on Stewart this year). My concerns would be the bench (you'll be hitting the wire) and, well, you went 0 PK, which has some strategy since the preseason isn't over, but is still a bit risky in this format.

Gould has some surprising strengths to his lineup, but surprise! He picked dead middle, which is really the best spot in a large draft. That being said his lineup could easily fall apart as some of those guys were great brand names last year. This year? Maybe not. (Looking at McCoy, Bowe. And Garcon is in real trouble)

spyder_ur

Fun times - I wish everyone's GAF/Teams names matched (guilty of this myself - I am Spyders in the league)

I like my team, but people taking multiple TEs burned me.

My team is way more boom or bust than I'd like and I have a couple holes, but that has to be expected and accepted in a league like this.

Fun times - I wish everyone's GAF/Teams names matched (guilty of this myself - I am Spyders in the league)

I like my team, but people taking multiple TEs burned me.

My team is way more boom or bust than I'd like and I have a couple holes, but that has to be expected and accepted in a league like this.

Yeah in a 16 teamer everybody has danger zones. Your receiver/QB/DEF combo is great! A perfect mix of value and quality. But then your RB2 situation could implode into nothing.

Anyway, once you realize everybody else has similar problems, you can worry less and just enjoy how crazy these big leagues work. :)

UberTag

UberTag, I think your roster is very upside heavy. Cooks/Landry/Funchess are either going to be WR4 or WR1, really. They all have the opportunity, for sure, but it's a bit of a roll of the dice. But your starting RB are solid (everybody is sleeping on Stewart this year). My concerns would be the bench (you'll be hitting the wire) and, well, you went 0 PK, which has some strategy since the preseason isn't over, but is still a bit risky in this format.
I'm not at all worried about Landry. Slightly worried about Cooks given his injury history but he should be pummeled with targets with Graham out of town. Both Landry and Cooks get return yardage as well which is a bonus... although I don't believe Cooks has his baked into his current projection.

Funchess is admittedly a gamble. I think he's in over his head and there is little chance he mirrors Benjamin's production but I figured he was worth a shot with 0.5 PPR (although Olsen figures to be Newton's best option). I'm a big fan of Bryant post-suspension (think he has WR20 or better potential). And hopefully Hurns reserves his "boom" games for the bye weeks I've doubled up on... otherwise I would have gone with someone more reliable like Randle.

JStew is finally out of DeAngelo's shadow but I don't trust him to stay healthy. Feel good about his backup, though. Main dilemma is that Newton and Tolbert will continue to vulture his touchdowns. Still shocked I wound up with 3 Panthers on my team.

Not running with a kicker was a conscious decision. Will see how my lineup stacks up after Sunday and grab one of the Monday night kickers if it'll make a difference. If not, I get to take a flyer on Vernon Davis and see if he's back to being competent after playing like garbage last year.

It's strange that the yahoo grading is not out yet. I did another league yesterday and it came out immediately after.

I know I said good as gould is a favorite of mine, but I also like Hookers and Blow a lot. I really don't understand why everyone is sleeping on Murray. TBH, I kinda regret not taking him instead of Gronkowski.

spyder_ur

It's strange that the yahoo grading is not out yet. I did another league yesterday and it came out immediately after.

I know I said good as gould is a favorite of mine, but I also like Hookers and Blow a lot. I really don't understand why everyone is sleeping on Murray. TBH, I kinda regret not taking him instead of Gronkowski.

Umm, Yahoo absolutely destroyed me. Bulletin board material.

minx

I believe I have had a starter miss most of the year every single time in this league. Hoping to break that trend. I'm looking at you Spiller.

UberTag

I'm so not making the money in this league for the 5th straight season.
You guys are already in Rotoworld sniper mode while I'm busy prepping for another draft.

It worries me too to see so many people active on the waivers already, but tbf, I don't see any of the additions giving me regrets later.

Bishman

Who ever is the commish or if you can... relay message that I will pay my due by this weekend. When I thought I wasn't going to make draft on Saturday date, I joined another money league. I get paid this Friday.

minx

No posts during the first week?! Lucky I didn't need Bush this week as he is of course hurt. Happy with the performance of all my starters. Need just a healthy 2nd RB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom