• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Games of the Year 2014 Awards

Flintty

Holy shit Nintendo. Incredible.

Excellent post OP, it's obvious a lot of time and effort went into this. Great job.

Proud of my boy, Destiny; 12th overall, 2nd for new IP, and 2nd for best shooter. I will take it!^^ But with only 2 of my votes in the top 10, and only 9 in the top 20, maybe I really am far removed from Gaf regular... Anyway, Thank you OP for all your hard work!^^

What a wonderful list. Also pretty excited to see Nintendo Pocket Football Club make it to number 10 in the sports list.

Every football fan should try it. It's such a shame it didn't get a US release, even with the World Cup.

Ah well, you know, Nintendo...

Zocano

Also I'm said in what is probably the strongest year for RPGs in a decade, Divinity and Shadowrun are hardly up there ):

I didn't vote for them! Don't hurt me, I couldn't finish them in time.

Anth0ny

sej3oork2j6r.gif

GAF you've made me proud. Bayonetta 2 right where it belongs.

Altima

Shovel Knight at #9 and Destiny at #12

Seem like a good list to me.

I will buy WiiU next month good to know that top tier games are waiting for me there.

Chris R

I guess my first post in the thread got deleted :\

Glad to see Danganronpa get some love. Shame Desert Golfing didn't though!

I really didn't expect Nintendo to claim the top three spots. Then again it was a relatively weak year. Smash Wii U was my number 1 and Bayonetta 2 was right behind it. Mario Kart was in the middle for me.

Out of the game's at the top I didn't get to play Donkey Kong and South Park. As is Sunset Overdrive but I need to console. The same for Second Son and the new Dark Souls II version.

Congratulations really to all the games voted for because somebody enjoyed them and that itself is great.

Bl@de

Tropical Freeze snubbed again
tumblr_nal10xY2yu1tife9no1_400.gif

Just kidding. Great work and nice to see a lot of my list here. Except the obvious niche RPGs I play^^

Congrats to Banished for best simulation. Well deserved.

cheezcake

DaS2 is a good #5. Divinity made a good ranking as well, Sunset Overdrive deserves to be higher though.

Also I still just do not understand the love for DA:I. Dialogue and story are so awkward and the combat is... Skyrim levels of bad.

Now do a price drop for Wii U so I can actually play these games! :(. Local supply of Wii U bundles are sadly pretty terrible and if available quite expensive.

2014 will probably be the best year of Wii U life so it's not gonna get much better time to get one.

Tookay

I'm guessing, based on that votes-over-time chart, that the surprise surge was Smash overtaking DA:I toward the end?

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Only two games from my top 10 in the top 20. Guess I'm not part of the GAF hive mind. :(

Haunted

But with only 2 of my votes in the top 10, and only 9 in the top 20, maybe I really am far removed from Gaf regular...
Wait, "only 9"? That means basically your entire top 10 made the top 20! Your taste is as aligned with the GAF consensus as they come, son. :p

Top Bottom