• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neptune VII confirmed for PS4

zeopower6

Harada was interested in making a FG spin off to Neptunia. he just doesnt know how to go about it....2.5 or 3D. Personally I think ASW should do it...a fighting game that is.

Yeah, it should probably be Arc System Works. Not sure about 2.5 vs. 3 though... if it ended up kind of like Power Stone that would be neat.

zulux21

My wallet is ready, NISA. I am an incredibly shameless fan of Hyperdimension Neptunia, so this will be day 0 for me.

Heh, you think NisA will be the ones releasing this game.... I once had dreams too, but then I faced reality and realized it would be getting a non limited edition release from idea factory's english branch, as much like with the Atelier series, NisA builds it up, just for someone else (in both cases the IP owners) to steal it and do inferior releases to the built up fan base :/

Either way, this news is pretty meh to me.... It wasn't an amazing series from the start.... spamming out a game more than once a year since it was a surprise success hasn't really helped the writing :/

mao2

LOL Compile Heart sure like to make silly trailers. Anyway click on the Captions button for English subs!

TheRook

Yeah, it should probably be Arc System Works. Not sure about 2.5 vs. 3 though... if it ended up kind of like Power Stone that would be neat.

Yeah, if it ends up being fun then im all for it. I kinda want the other 2 goddess to get spin-offs as well, but only time will tell.

zeopower6

Heh, you think NisA will be the ones releasing this game.... I once had dreams too, but then I faced reality and realized it would be getting a non limited edition release from idea factory's english branch, as much like with the Atelier series, NisA builds it up, just for someone else (in both cases the IP owners) to steal it and do inferior releases to the built up fan base :/

Either way, this news is pretty meh to me.... It wasn't an amazing series from the start.... spamming out a game more than once a year since it was a surprise success hasn't really helped the writing :/

Did Idea Factory take over Neptunia or something? I doubt they'd end up doing things like Tecmo Koei.. right? :(

Mecha

There are seven fucking Neptunia games already?

Using Japanese release dates:
  1. Hyperdimension Neptunia - 2010
  2. Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 - 2011
  3. Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - 2012
  4. Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1 - 2013
  5. Hyperdimension Neptunia PP - 2013
  6. Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2 - 2014
  7. Noire: Gekishin Black Heart - 2014
  8. Hyperdimension Neptunia VII - probably 2015
  9. Hyperdimension Neptunia U - probably 2015

The amount of Neptunia games Compile cranks out is crazy.

Jomjom

Banned
I got more respect for Compile Heart than SCEJ because at least they are trying to support the PS4 in their homeland.

I could not see any difference between that and the ps3 neptune games though. Hopefully at least 1440p and 120fps?

zeopower6

GySpNoq.gif

dat nod to PS1/PSX...

Did Idea Factory take over Neptunia or something? I doubt they'd end up doing things like Tecmo Koei.. right? :(

Idea Factory International is releasing the Vita remake of the first Neptunia game.

But, NISA did release the Idol Management Neptunia game so no real idea if they are both going to release Neptunia games or if Idea Factory is taking over like with the Atelier games.

Shizuka

Neptunia U is August 2014.

TheRook

Neptune U is most likely Due out in Japan this year...Neptune games usually come out in the fall and get localized in the 1st/2nd quarter in NA/EU. This year, they are running a little later than usual with PP and Rebirth 1.

Toad.T

Banned
Alright. Explain this series to me. Every time I see it at EB, it just looks "eh..." is there more to the series than humanized consoles being kinky while making less than subtle references to the game industry?

Also, what are the breadth of the references involved? Are we talking Big Bang Theory level, Robot Chicken level or student animation made by a massive gaming fan level references?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Going to be interesting how the smaller jrpg devs handle the ps4.

Hexa

Hyperdimension Neptunia U is a Vita game. lol It confused the hell out of me since I hadn't heard about it before.

Mecha

Alright. Explain this series to me. Every time I see it at EB, it just looks "eh..." is there more to the series than humanized consoles being kinky while making less than subtle references to the game industry?

Also, what are the breadth of the references involved? Are we talking Big Bang Theory level, Robot Chicken level or student animation made by a massive gaming fan level references?

If I had to guess it would be the character interactions, fanservice, and moe.

desmax

I don't think IFI is big enough to do that. They'll probably work on the games that NISA can't work at the moment, or something

Timmy00

I haven't tried a neptunia game (not really interested) but I have a few friends who enjoy the series so I'm sure they'll be happy to know about the game.

zeopower6

Idea Factory International is releasing the Vita remake of the first Neptunia game.

But, NISA did release the Idol Management Neptunia game so no real idea if they are both going to release Neptunia games or if Idea Factory is taking over like with the Atelier games.

That's a weird way of doing it... I'd expect it to be the other way around if NISA skipped on one of the titles. (Idea Factory doing PP and NISA doing the remake)

At least Idea Factory International is doing a physical release. I wonder just how they ended up negotiating the 'split' or if PP is the last NISA release.

desmax

... I would say "student animation made by a massive gaming fan level references".

They're mostly references, without any joke in them

which one is a good entry point? I'm guessing rebirth 1?

zeopower6

Usually quick references with no real followup. Can be gaming or anime-related, really. I think I remember a K-ON! reference in the first game.

which one is a good entry point? I'm guessing rebirth 1?

Probably. The first through third are the 'typical' Neptunia games, then Re;Birth 1/2 are the remakes. VII is probably continuing where Victory left off. The rest are spinoffs.

PP is an idol simulation game like iDOLM@STER, I suppose? Noire is a strategy RPG with help from Sting and U is an action RPG similar to Senran Kagura with ~disappearing clothing mechanics~ with help from Tamsoft.

zulux21

The remake is being released by idea factory, it seems that in general idea factory's english branch was made to bring over neptunia games and games no one else would pick up.

Idea isn't big enough to take chances with limited editions, so they will likely be straight forward basic releases in hopes that the fanbase is strong enough to support them even without shiny limited editions.

That's a weird way of doing it... I'd expect it to be the other way around if NISA skipped on one of the titles. (Idea Factory doing PP and NISA doing the remake)

At least Idea Factory International is doing a physical release. I wonder just how they ended up negotiating the 'split' or if PP is the last NISA release.

that's how I view it, Nisa might still get to release some neptunia games, just the more risky, less sure to sell titles.
the main titles are likely going to be just from idea factory from here on out.

TheRook

The game series is based off the 7th gen console war with the addition of the fictional Sega Neptune, in which the main character is also named after. Each are a personifcation of said console, PS3, 360, Wii, and Neptune, each having their own world(landmass) they govern over. People(players) have faith with each goddess which gives them their powers and it's a struggle of superiority of who is the true goddess. The main villain is Arfoire(pronounced R-4 in reference to the pirating device) who wishes to destroy Gameindustri(their world).

The games humor is very gaming geek level stuff, everything from old school games to newer console stuff is all present. Each world is made of stuff that you would expect out of said console so in Lowee(Nintendo) you can expect alot of Mario References and things of that nature. The game is also very meta as well and it constantly breaks the 4th wall...very much so intentionally.

As the series progresses their are alot of inside jokes for players who started since the beginning and it seems to be that way in each installment. The first game was very generic and lackluster in pretty much everyway but the Skits. So...if you treat the game as a Visual Novel with a tacked on RPG...the game is quite enjoyable. Later games in the series are actually better as an RPG, Victory pretty much got it right and the remakes uses the Victory battle mechanics.

If your interested in the series I suggest playing Rebirth 1 and go from there.

I got more respect for Compile Heart than SCEJ because at least they are trying to support the PS4 in their homeland.

I could not see any difference between that and the ps3 neptune games though. Hopefully at least 1440p and 120fps?

I expect PS4 will struggling with just 900p and 30 fps. The moeness is strong with this one, PS4 GPU would probably have a hard time handling all that kawaii uguu nep nep.
It's Compile Heart, really. Don't expect them to optimize their game perfectly. But it should run better than previous games on PS3. Hopefully no frame-rate drop.

mao2

GySpNoq.gif

dat nod to PS1/PSX...
VePBbyj.jpg

The "いくぜ、4~5万本。" (Let's go, 40K~50K copies.) at the top is also a nod to the catchphrase "いくぜ!100万台。" (Let's go 1 million units.) used in old PlayStation ads. They're probably aiming for 40K~50K copies in sales.

Did you somehow forget about Bloodborne?

Kssio_Aug

I have no idea about how is this game, and the trailer really doesnt help at all! Damn, how I hate those japanese trailers! =/

Killah

Well to be fair, 2 of those are ports and 2 others are outsourced games.

The first anime JRPG to grace the PS4, I will buy two copies on the western release and I'm only half kidding! :p Man I can't wait, as a mainly JRPG player my PS3 still gets 75% more usage than my PS4 so Neptune will likely change that! :D

TheRook

The first anime JRPG to grace the PS4, I will buy two copies on the western release and I'm only half kidding! :p Man I can't wait, as a mainly JRPG player my PS3 still gets 75% more usage than my PS4 so Neptune will likely change that! :D

So Omega Quintet and IdolM@ster totally didn't exist before Neptune V-II?

7? I think I missed out on the 4-6 announcements. 0_0;

I'm kind of curious if they'll improve the graphics though.

It's Victory - II (2) not 7. The Title did not space it correctly....

zeopower6

Nothing against them, theyre cool and all, but I just wanted to see what is this game about, and I dont think its about pigs and monkeys! =(

They must be trying to get their marketing to go viral lol

I think the title is VII to intentionally throw people off.

koutoru

If anything at least, with the PS4 I hope they are able to expand on the rather linear areas, and add more to the environment and maps in general.

Top Bottom