• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neptune VII confirmed for PS4

mao2

Nothing against them, theyre cool and all, but I just wanted to see what is this game about, and I dont think its about pigs and monkeys! =(
LOL, well it's just a teaser movie. The details will be revealed in next week's Dengeki PlayStation. If you want to find out more about this series, just search for "Hyperdimension Neptunia" on YouTube and I'm sure you'll find tons of trailers/gameplay/review movies.

The game series is based off the 7th gen console war with the addition of the fictional Sega Neptune, in which the main character is also named after. Each are a personifcation of said console, PS3, 360, Wii, and Neptune, each having their own world(landmass) they govern over. People(players) have faith with each goddess which gives them their powers and it's a struggle of superiority of who is the true goddess. The main villain is Arfoire(pronounced R-4 in reference to the pirating device) who wishes to destroy Gameindustri(their world).

The games humor is very gaming geek level stuff, everything from old school games to newer console stuff is all present. Each world is made of stuff that you would expect out of said console so in Lowee(Nintendo) you can expect alot of Mario References and things of that nature. The game is also very meta as well and it constantly breaks the 4th wall...very much so intentionally.

As the series progresses their are alot of inside jokes for players who started since the beginning and it seems to be that way in each installment. The first game was very generic and lackluster in pretty much everyway but the Skits. So...if you treat the game as a Visual Novel with a tacked on RPG...the game is quite enjoyable. Later games in the series are actually better as an RPG, Victory pretty much got it right and the remakes uses the Victory battle mechanics.

If your interested in the series I suggest playing Rebirth 1 and go from there.

can we expect new gen 8 characters for V2?

I'd expect Wii U/Xbox One/PS4 nods for sure, lol... especially since this is going to be the first 'next gen' Neptunia.

Wonder if they'll be new forms of the existing CPUs or actual new characters.

Don't think they did new anything for the 3DS and Vita though.

So Omega Quintet and IdolM@ster totally didn't exist before Neptune V-II?

It's Victory - II (2) not 7. The Title did not space it correctly....

To be honest I didn't really put the IDOLM@STER games in the RPG category but then again I never played them myself before, I missed that you got me :( I wanted to get the iOS game but for that price... nah.

And I genuinely didn't really know about Omega Quintent what is this.. oh wow... is that some kind of Love Live x Symphogear RPG?! o.o Holy how did I miss this, okay statement retracted, is there a localization announced for anything yet? :eek:

Expected this, but damnit, I'm gonna need a PS4.

Please be locked 30fps at least.

This could be one of those games that make me buy a PS4... which doesn't make me that happy to admit.

Supposedly, the framerate has actually improved from Victory to Re;Birth. (Fake edit: And from what I can tell, it has) I'd be amazed if they can't hit 30fps.

zeopower6

And I genuinely didn't really know about Omega Quintent what is this.. oh wow... is that some kind of Love Live x Symphogear RPG?! o.o Holy how did I miss this, okay statement retracted, is there a localization announced for anything yet? :eek:

RPG with idols, so basically that.

I assume NISA will get first dibs and if not, then Idea Factory International will take it.

Uni and Ram/Rom fit the Vita/3DS category pretty well I think despite representing the PSP/DS, lol.

koutoru

This would definatly be the game to introduce them though.

Heck, while they're at it they might even include a IOS,Android, and PC characters.
I'm half joking.

drproton

Supposedly, the framerate has actually improved from Victory to Re;Birth. (Fake edit: And from what I can tell, it has) I'd be amazed if they can't hit 30fps.

Re;Birth was oursourced to Felistella iirc.

I'd be interested to see how this game runs on PS4 regardless. If it runs on PhyreEngine with little modification with good performance, that's a plus for a lot of the smaller JRPG developers.

I never played any of these games. They look fun. I'll definitely try it out. I am glad they are at least supporting the PS4 with an JRPG.

Playstation 4 purchase JUSTIFIED. I wonder if this'll be NISA's first PS4 localization? Or maybe it'll be whatever NIS will reveal at TGS

TheRook

can we expect new gen 8 characters for V2?

There are 3 different dimensions in this title...there is a high chance that one of the dimensions will mirror the 8th gen goddesses or the current goddesses will have updated processor units to mirror their 8th gen counter parts. I'm assuming the Latter because Blanc in Victory had the DLC weapon referring to the Wii U so i think its safe to think that this maybe the case.

PS4 Noire...sounds like sex though...

_hekk05

Banned
There are rumors neptunia rebirth 1 is coming to steam, so I'll probably wait for it there.

That said, I thought nep games were collabs. Thats why you had IF, GusT, NisA and Compile Heart characters.

And if there's one thing that makes nep games stand out, its those glorious breathing animations

We don't know much about the game though outside of some screenshots but it'll probably play a lot like Fairy Fencer F or something.

Oh alright I'm super stoked for that too! :D Too bad it comes out so late looking at the EU release though better late than never.

There are rumors neptunia rebirth 1 is coming to steam, so I'll probably wait for it there.

Wait what?! Any source for this rumor? :eek:

Kssio_Aug

LOL, well it's just a teaser movie. The details will be revealed in next week's Dengeki PlayStation. If you want to find out more about this series, just search for "Hyperdimension Neptunia" on YouTube and I'm sure you'll find tons of trailers/gameplay/review movies.

Ill take a look on that! Thanks! =)

This would definatly be the game to introduce them though.

Heck, while they're at it they might even include a IOS,Android, and PC characters.
I'm half joking.

They already have a PC representative, though it's more of a 1989 PC representative so if they do a current one, she'll probably be all grown up.

That said, I thought nep games were collabs. Thats why you had IF, GusT, NisA and Compile Heart characters.

Yeah, they have characters that represent game companies too. It's all a good laugh at different parts of the Japanese game industry.

I hope they have a Spike/Chunsoft one. It totally wouldn't be like Monokuma.

and that's on Vita, I hope they can manage at least locked 30 on consoles, it would be amazing.

What the hell? When did this series sneak up to 7 games?

It's V II, as in Victory 2. This is also the 9th game.

It's V II, as in Victory 2. This is also the 9th game.

tumblr_m1qudneAsl1qa9yvvo1_r1_500.gif

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
This. I didn't even know there were 6 previous entries.
There hasn't; it's Victory II, not VII.

If we want to count spinoffs, yes there are 7

Neptunia + Remake
Neptunia MkII + Remake
Neptunia Victory
Neptunia PP
Black Heart
Neptunia U
Neptunia Victory II

Using Japanese release dates:
  1. Hyperdimension Neptunia - 2010
  2. Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 - 2011
  3. Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - 2012
  4. Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1 - 2013
  5. Hyperdimension Neptunia PP - 2013
  6. Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2 - 2014
  7. Noire: Gekishin Black Heart - 2014
  8. Hyperdimension Neptunia VII - probably 2015
  9. Hyperdimension Neptunia U - probably 2015

The amount of Neptunia games Compile cranks out is crazy.
There are nine fucking Neptunia games already!?

RyoonZ

Banned
As zulux21 already noted, NISA probably won't be publishing this. Idea Factory International's here to screw the series over now!

It's Gust > Koei Tecmo all over again.
Not complaining though, as long as they release it in Physical format and NISA could localize more games.

Top Bottom