• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neptune VII confirmed for PS4

fedexpeon

Banned
As zulux21 already noted, NISA probably won't be publishing this. Idea Factory International's here to screw the series over now!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

The only reason I even buy these niche games is because of NISA.
1/2 of the games I bought from NISA just sat there on my shelves.

TheRook

I guess this is where the PS4 exclusive JRPGs start.
Again...why are people forgetting about Omega Quintet?

There are nine fucking Neptunia games already!?
Why is this such a huge surprise? For a niche title, Neptunia is popular enough for CH and IF to use the franchise as it's flagship IP internationally. Produce a trilogy, retcon continuity so that it all fits, produce an anime, and 3 spin-off titles at this point. Not many other CH developed games were this popular...outside of Fairy Fencer and Mugen Souls(in Japan).

Fairy Fencer F was the first in the series of Galaplagos RPG's (JRPG's for Japanese gamers), and Omega Quintet is the 2nd. I hope at least one of them becomes a franchise like Neptunia, there is a chance since a FFF character is a guest in the Noire game...but we'll see how that goes.

http://www.compileheart.com/galapagos_rpg/

More JRPGs on the new platform! Gust, the hell is up with you guys? Get your shit together!

Crap. I'm a little ashamed as a human being to admit I find this series hilarious (and that by V it finally had the production quality of an actual PS3 game), so, sigh. I doubt I'll be able to resist no matter how horrible it is or isn't. This could be a seriously long wait being localized, too, so early in the generation.

wait, what would change?

All I want is the Japanese audio.

Well, Neptunia Re;birth will be the first one published by Idea Factory, and already

- Been delayed twice in the space of a few weeks
- No limited edition planned
- No physical release at all for Europe

They're already completely awful compared to NISA. Probably has a good chance of keeping the Japanese voice track though, I can't see Idea Factory spending the money on the dub.

TheRook

Crap. I'm a little ashamed as a human being to admit I find this series hilarious (and that by V it finally had the production quality of an actual PS3 game), so, sigh. I doubt I'll be able to resist no matter how horrible it is or isn't. This could be a seriously long wait being localized, too, so early in the generation.

You honestly shouldn't be ashamed...there are other things worth being ashamed over, Liking a game with Cute little Moe Personifications of gaming consoles...shouldn't be one.

We normally get localized ports of Nep games within alittle under a year. When Japan releases on in the fall, we should get it in early early-late spring. This time Nep PP and Rebirth were a little later than the last 3 games for one reason or another and missed the spring launch time frame.

Basically you wont need to wait long to play a neptune game...and it's a safe bet that it will get localized...since even NISA knew that it was a popular niche franchise...god damn the irony in that quote.

The game is confirmed to have dual voice tracks so please don't spread untrue information...

I understand how all of that is worse, but I care more about the quality of the game, if the script was more lazy or the localization sucks then I'll be pissed.
The script is based of the first game...since you know...it's a remake. If that is considered lazy then idk what to really say. You can honestly spend 5 mins to research the game on YT and see if it's to your liking.

Rebirth 1 is Victory battle mechanics + plot of original Neptune game(with new scenes and endings) + Victory DLC maker characters. Not much else has changed.

Well, Neptunia Re;birth will be the first one published by Idea Factory, and already

- Been delayed twice in the space of a few weeks
- No limited edition planned
- No physical release at all for Europe

They're already completely awful compared to NISA. Probably has a good chance of keeping the Japanese voice track though, I can't see Idea Factory spending the money on the dub.

I understand how all of that is worse, but I care more about the quality of the game, if the script was more lazy or the localization sucks then I'll be pissed.

You honestly shouldn't be ashamed...there are other things worth being ashamed over, Liking a game with Cute little Moe Personifications of gaming consoles...shouldn't be one
Perhaps I'm more ashamed because as a grown adult I should have-- you know what? Screw it. In the grand scheme of things in life (and especially the internet) "niche JRPG" is extremely mild as anything to be truly ashamed of for caring about.

I can laugh at myself over and over again and I'll still buy every damn one of these, Gust titles and various NISA releases until the day I die. The Neptunia games I have an odd relationship with because they're simultaneously a heap of fan service but also an uncommon display of some feminism in gaming.

Perhaps I'm more ashamed because as a grown adult I should have-- you know what? Screw it. In the grand scheme of things in life (and especially the internet) "niche JRPG" is extremely mild as anything to be truly ashamed of for caring about.

I can laugh at myself over and over again and I'll still buy every damn one of these, Gust titles and various NISA releases until the day I die. The Neptunia games I have an odd relationship with because they're simultaneously a heap of fan service but also an uncommon display of some feminism in gaming.

never be shamed about what you like, I didn't like the series because the first game was crap, but I got Victory and it was a fun enough game to get me into the series.

TheRook

More or less, The Nep games fan service is actually pretty tame in comparison to most anime these days. I still find it interesting that Mk.2 is the only one rated M. Still one of my favorite new IP's of 7th gen.

Ravage

VePBbyj.jpg

The "いくぜ、4~5万本。" (Let's go, 40K~50K copies.) at the top is also a nod to the catchphrase "いくぜ!100万台。" (Let's go 1 million units.) used in old PlayStation ads. They're probably aiming for 40K~50K copies in sales.

Lol ^^ I've yet to play Victory, but Mk2 was one of the 2012 titles that genuinely surprised me. Will buy whenever this comes over.

TheChaos0

Wow. Who thought it would be idea factory that will be the first japanese company go full steam on next gen?

Kudos for their bravery.

Now just make good games for once.

I think it's the smaller publishers like this that benefit from going next gen first the most. Their audience is most likely already there and there's not much competition from the bigger series yet. It's also the perfect way to get some new people into the whatever series they are releasing.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
I guess that's one strike for me getting a PS4.
Hopefully it won't be as grind-heavy as Victory (no boss hp regen please), when Mk2 was pretty well balanced.

Neptunia Re;Birth is rated by the ESRB for the Vita and for the PC.

Idea Factory commented on it and they said they want to do it but didn't really confirm whether or not it was actually coming.

Oh my god, if this happens I will totally triple-dip, thanks for the info! :)

galvenize

This Neptune train is unstoppable. I didn't like the first one, Mk2 was better altough still not good, skipped V. I'll see what this PS4 Neptune can do.

TRI Mike

I love this series. The first game was abysmal but mk2 and Victory were very pretty. Nice to see it coming to PS4 now.

More Green Heart can only be a good thing.

Stuart444

Awesome, happy to hear this. I'm a big Neptunia fan (though I despised the first game. Never even got into the story much since the first bits of gameplay sucked so much). Awesome games with good stories & characters imo.

I really don't care about the graphics as long as they are at least as good as Mk2 onwards honestly. A more stable framerate (30, 60, whatever as long as it's STABLE) and I'm happy.

TheRook

I guess that's one strike for me getting a PS4.
Hopefully it won't be as grind-heavy as Victory (no boss hp regen please), when Mk2 was pretty well balanced.

I disagree with this statement, Mk.2 was far from balanced. It effectively made HDD useless, high Avoid rate made even the DLC bosses easy, coupling skills broke game balance. With high AP(which can overlap), characters can have multiple actions per turn.

Victory fixed most of that, in doing that though...the TEC stat is the new broken Stat. Noire is the only CPU with Armor Breaker outside of Neptune's V slash SP skill *that is relevant*. Bosses are still too easy with the numerous buffs they received like single turn Break status, HP regain, increased TEC, decreased debuff duration, etc.

In short, Victory does game balance leagues better than Mk2. unfortunately it's plagued by the Scout system that brings item collecting to a crawl...as it's the only way to obtain items needed for ultimate weapons/processors. The Gamedisk system was cool though, the Final Fantasy Disk was hella OP.

elty

Tried the very first one and the gameplay sucks. Any version (on PS3) that is good?

Can't believe there is 7 of these already.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
I disagree with this statement, Mk.2 was far from balanced. It effectively made HDD useless, high Avoid rate made even the DLC bosses easy, coupling skills broke game balance. With high AP(which can overlap), characters can have multiple actions per turn.

Victory fixed most of that, in doing that though...the TEC stat is the new broken Stat. Noire is the only CPU with Armor Breaker outside of Neptune's V slash SP skill *that is relevant*. Bosses are still too easy with the numerous buffs they received like single turn Break status, HP regain, increased TEC, decreased debuff duration, etc.

In short, Victory does game balance leagues better than Mk2. unfortunately it's plagued by the Scout system that brings item collecting to a crawl...as it's the only way to obtain items needed for ultimate weapons/processors. The Gamedisk system was cool though, the Final Fantasy Disk was hella OP.
Hm, balanced maybe wasn't the most appropriate word.
But yes, HDD was pretty worthless in Mk2, but I didn't have that many problems with the progression in it, I could take down the bosses without outleveling them.
I get completely crushed against bosses in Victory if I don't level up a bit and EXE Drive them to death. When I get new party members 13 levels below my general level, I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or not. I guess I'm overlooking something.

TheRook

Tried the very first one and the gameplay sucks. Any version (on PS3) that is good?

Can't believe there is 7 of these already.
Victory is good. It's the game that set the standard for both remakes on Vita and is the base engine for Fairy Fencer F(Fairy Fencer has a more evolved version of the Victory battle system).

Victory-2 would be the ninth installment in the series...not the 7th.

Hm, balanced maybe wasn't the most appropriate word.
But yes, HDD was pretty worthless in Mk2, but I didn't have that many problems with the progression in it, I could take down the bosses without outleveling them.
I get completely crushed against bosses in Victory if I don't level up a bit and EXE Drive them to death. When I get new party members 13 levels below my general level, I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or not. I guess I'm overlooking something.

Victory had a bad case of giving underleveled party members, to make matters worse...the DLC cast will start at Level 1. So unless you started the game with them (even then the tutorial will give you levels) they will always trail behind Neptune or whoever is your highest level.

MAGES is really the only worth wild DLC character in terms of usefulness and stats(Very high TEC, Has AOE SP skills, Healing Skill, far attack range). Skit-wise they are all funny as hell, especially if you know the company they represent.

So, apparently Neptune VII introduces goddess' next form, which is another step after standard goddess form.

I got to say, I really like it. Purple Heart Next Form looks mighty awesome.

So, apparently Neptune VII introduces goddess' next form, which is another step after standard goddess form.

"Ah ah this isn't even my final form yet !"

You know this line is coming in the game.

Screw Purple Heart, where the hell's my Iris Heart Next Form?
Seriously now, Purple Heart Next Form looks great, which reminds me that I should finish Victory...

Justified

Are there any Hyperdimension Neptunia or similar games (say like Atelier) that are close to the Tales series.

I bought the Neptunia game on PS3 and couldnt get into the Visual Novel style, and no Towns. The Dungeons were cool though

SeanTSC

Are there any Hyperdimension Neptunia or similar games (say like Atelier) that are close to the Tales series.

I bought the Neptunia game on PS3 and couldnt get into the Visual Novel style, and no Towns. The Dungeons were cool though

Do you mean like action RPGs? Or is turn-based okay and you just want explorable towns and such and an overworld map? The Atelier games have map points you select, but you can explore every town and area, it's much less VN style than Neptunia. It is a turn based game though. I'd give Atelier Ayesha a shot.

Goddamn at Purple Heart's Next Form. I am totally onboard with this development.

From the rough sketches of the other Next Forms, Green Heart's looks pretty bad / lewd, Noire's looks decent and Blanc's would be good if it wasn't for the freakin' cat ears aaaarrrghhhh

Also the model for Uzume (new character), taken from Dengeki:

nepu_05_cs1w1_227x400r8sbz.jpg

Justified

Do you mean like action RPGs? Or is turn-based okay and you just want explorable towns and such and an overworld map? The Atelier games have map points you select, but you can explore every town and area, it's much less VN style than Neptunia. It is a turn based game though. I'd give Atelier Ayesha a shot.

I'm an old school rpg guy so turn base is cool with me. I was talking about map travel and exploration, which you answered. So I'm guessing the map points and explore is similar to the Shining series

Top Bottom