• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Net Revenues from GTA products exceeded $700 million over the past 12 months

deoee

This online in this game was so shit on PS4 still ~1,5 years ago that I can't believe people throw money at this content.

This online in this game was so shit on PS4 still ~1,5 years ago that I can't believe people throw money at this content.

What specifically do you have a negative impression of related to GTA Online on PS4? I play daily and it's fun as shit every time I play. What's wrong?

Syncytia

I bought it on...

X1
PC

Might buy it on PC again if it ever goes to $20 on steam because my rockstar account was hacked/stolen. Still pretty pissed off about it.

Taker34

Banned
What specifically do you have a negative impression of related to GTA Online on PS4? I play daily and it's fun as shit every time I play. What's wrong?

For one, GTA Online is basically the best loading time simulator out there. It's so good, you'll spend most of your playtime looking at a google maps screenshot. I swear to Doritos that every other game would be trashed and hated for the atrocious lobby system. Even more so since this game has bazillions of players and you'll absolutely struggle to find one or two ugly hipster players for your hosted car race. I really don't understand why GTA Online is THAT popular. On the other hand Herpes is popular too.

I don't even know what I'd do nowadays online. The game offers a lot but I personally never felt like there's a compelling reason to play the multiplayer regularly. On the other hand I was addicted to GTA IV Online with friends. The small, details there man... all those small details! THAT was quality gameplay back then.

Rembrandt

Banned

The matchmaking is terrible. The loading is terrible. The payouts make it hard to feel like you're actually achieving anything so you have to spam heists or play custom made matches with high payouts. They have tons of content, fun missions and activities, a great world and everything to make GTAO amazing but it doesn't come together as well as I hoped.

It's definitely better if you play with a group or friends.

Piers

The matchmaking is terrible. The loading is terrible. The payouts make it hard to feel like you're actually achieving anything so you have to spam heists or play custom made matches with high payouts. They have tons of content, fun missions and activities, a great world and everything to make GTAO amazing but it doesn't come together as well as I hoped.

It's definitely better if you play with a group or friends.

This. The greatness is there, but 90% of the game modes are almost never touched. This is partly because there's so many different jobs available that trying to find people becomes hard, but all the more reason to entirely redo the peer-to-peer horse shit and get server-lists in, or at least stop matchmaking from trying to toss players into 1/30 lobbies.
Edit: Actually no, just server lists. I want to see how many players there are currently rather than "Okay, plz wait for everyone else :)"

Top Bottom