• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Bayonetta 2 gameplay from SDCC

BY2K

Membero Americo
Who here never played Bayonetta, and planning to play 1 then 2 when it's released? I do.

I had the first one thanks to PS+ and I played a bit, but my PS+ has expired and with Bayo 1 being included with 2, I have no reason to go back until October.

Who here never played Bayonetta, and planning to play 1 then 2 when it's released? I do.

I own and played it on PS3 and 360, and I think I might still play it first again.... though who knows if I'll be able to hold back from the second game
I won't

Lernaean

Banned
I rather we keep this defensive Nintendo fanboy shit out of the OT, period. Its bad enough every fuckin thread about this game has to address it, why bring even more attention to it

Actually it's more like sarcastic towards haters rather than 'defensive Nintendo fanboy shit', but you are not wrong, it's better to ignore.

Shahadan

Not saying we should use it since it's a joke, but it's a light-hearted and visible way to tell people not to port beg in the OT, rather than a line in the post that nobody will pay attention to.
Because yes, we won't escape the posters who will port beg.

Also, not seeing what it has anything to do with "nintendo fanboyism" but whatever :lol:

Monocle

Looks absolutely perfect. Dat demon toad. Shame about the commentators though. Here's an idea: stop trying to be witty, it's annoying.

Bayonetta 2 |OT| Flock off, port-beggars

/visor
Better to ignore them than acknowledge them in the OT title.

phanphare

Banned

me! can't fucking wait!

Bayonetta 2 |OT| Flock off, port-beggars

/visor

I like this a lot. it solves a couple of problems. it lets the OT title exist without a "**PORT BEGGING = BAN**" being put into the title, which would be a bummer, but also gives the same message.

if we're voting +1 from me

Not saying we should use it since it's a joke, but it's a light-hearted and visible way to tell people not to port beg in the OT, rather than a line in the post that nobody will pay attention to.
Because yes, we won't escape the posters who will port beg.

Also, not seeing what it has anything to do with "nintendo fanboyism" but whatever :lol:

yeah this is how I see it as well. it sucks but the port begging is pretty much inevitable. may as well integrate it into the OT title in a tongue-in-cheek instead of having to put an ugly disclaimer alongside the title.

Dehnus

Seperate discs confirmed.

Someone hold me.

Not until Europe's prices are known and we don't have to pay extra for the same deal if not... I won't hug you! NO *stomps feet*...... sigh... So mean, Nintendo makes it so hard to have "values and morals".

Xav

Not until Europe's prices are known and we don't have to pay extra for the same deal if not... I won't hug you! NO *stomps feet*...... sigh... So mean, Nintendo makes it so hard to have "values and morals".

It's £39.85 on Amazon and it specifically mentions in the product description box that every retail copy of Bayonetta 2 includes Bayonetta.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I rather we keep this defensive Nintendo fanboy shit out of the OT, period. Its bad enough every fuckin thread about this game has to address it, why bring even more attention to it

I don't see it as defensive Nintendo shit. I just see it as a way to say: "Look, we already had this discussion since the game was announced, don't do it here." while still quoting the game.

Trojan X

Banned
Oh my gosh. lol! It's true though... this guy is spot on about how hot Bayonetta is. The finest "madam" video game character ever created: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QooMP7PKGzQ

1415068-53724-BalderPoster1_7563.jpg

"Bayoooonettaaaa.... Myyyy........ chaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiild."

I love Father Balder. It's a pity he won't be back in this one... Or would he?

Sadist

I only played the first hour of Bayo, so I'm in the same boat. Will be great.

There's going to be two Bayo OT's on GAF during it's release

Bayonetta Wii U |OT| Welcome Nintendo to the church of Platinum

TreIII

I love Father Balder. It's a pity he won't be back in this one... Or would he?

I still think that it's possible that he's involved in some way. What with the "Eyes" being involved in the plot again.

My main theory is that the Masked Sage is none other than a
time-displaced, younger version of Balder bought back from the past
. Though, the fact that it's confirmed that Koyasu is voicing the Masked Sage in the JP voice overs while Wakamoto voices Balder kind of throws a wrench in that theory...

Trojan X

Banned
I do have to say that I think Platinum and Nintendo need to think of a new or better way of presenting Bayonetta 2. Allowing IGN to showcase the game is not cutting it... they are treating it the same way as the first game, i.e. they don't know what they are talking about and looking for the first piece of eye-candy. Just listen to them in that video, none of them asked the right questions that counts. They need to use guys like Saur to talk about the game. They need to take stronger charge on the game's communication, and when it comes to the review, let the gamers review the game first and not people like IGN who doesn't have the time of day and doesn't know a good thing unless they have time and you sit down and show them what is what. E.g. EDGE (UK) Magazine, the review sat down with Saur before reviewing the game and his head exploded, hence why he wanted to give a game an 11 out of 10 if it was possible, and that showed in his review.

Anyhow, that's my two cent and I think Nintendo better heed my words.

phanphare

Banned
I do have to say that I think Platinum and Nintendo need to think of a new or better way of presenting Bayonetta 2. Allowing IGN to showcase the game is not cutting it... they are treating it the same way as the first game, i.e. they don't know what they are talking about and looking for the first piece of eye-candy. Just listen to them in that video, none of them asked the right questions that counts. They need to use guys like Saur to talk about the game. They need to take stronger charge on the game's communication, and when it comes to the review, let the gamers review the game first and not people like IGN who doesn't have the time of day and doesn't know a good thing unless they have time and you sit down and show them what is what. E.g. EDGE (UK) Magazine, the review sat down with Saur before reviewing the game and his head exploded, hence why he wanted to give a game an 11 out of 10 if it was possible, and that showed in his review.

didn't IGN give the first one a really high score?

jacobeid

Banned
This game is one of the reasons I bought the WW bundle last fall. I paid off my pre-order for Bayo 2 this weekend and it feels sooooo good. I rarely spend $60 to get a game day one anymore, but Bayonetta 2 deserves everything.

didn't IGN give the first one a really high score?

Clements gave the first a 9.5, but he's no longer with IGN. I don't know who could review this at IGN now...Vince maybe?

Getting the press to review action games competently is never going to happen. To most reviewers, action games are a series of set pieces that you have to beat people up to get to until the next time the ground starts shaking or a giant boss picks you up and you mash a button to stab his fist until he lets you go.

The idea of getting mainstream reviewers to look at action games like they do fighting games (i.e. in terms of what works in the system and what doesn't) is incredibly unlikely to ever happen.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I'd rather keep the OT away from the platform bullshit since it's just setting up the stage for idiocy.

The OT won't be clean of platform bullshit. That's why I think that subtitle is good. And it is also fitting, as Bayo 2 has become the culmination of port-begging and complaining about exclusivity. At list in recent times. There were a lot of Bayo 2 threads since the announcement that were fully routed into a port-begging fest. You just can't separate the two. So why not to acknowledge the fate and put it in the subtitle. It should be pretty clear for anyone trying to port-beg or complain and maybe they won't. Maybe.

Sayter

The best way to showcase Bayonetta seems to be through Treehouse IMO. After E3 there are a lot of games that have come up on my radar thanks to how they were shown.

Top Bottom