• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Bayonetta 2 gameplay from SDCC

d768b3be0988faa500bc13ooaz.gif

Amazing!

2372213-1702098446-iBEwT.gif

Wait I need to see it again.....yep still amazing....

jwluther

So hyped for this and Bayo1. Never played the original.

Actually, I think TW101 was the first Platinum game I played...

ibuNh7LXymCW60.gif
ibfY0KYnfAtIEs.gif

iKP8iIcz0GLzw.gif
iM8mZhpCnropm.gif

i2U2nz9qdoREC.gif

Some things I noticed:
*That new enemy has an attack that drains your magic meter.
*Unlike the E3 demo, the comic-con demo seems to actually be in Normal mode.
*Either Umbran Climax is dramatically weaker than I thought, or the yellow Accolades have tons of health. The person playing only managed to reduce it to about half health before Umbran Climax deactivated.
WebM the same size as that gif:

http://a.pomf.se/whxbap.webm
Why can't I make webMs? ;_;
What does 2nd Climax in the pause menu mean?
That's just the name of the demo. I believe the first game's demo was called First Climax.

Oh, and I saw your post in the other thread about the Sage's VA. If he doesn't ATATATA during a pummel duel, I'm gonna cry.

Rpgmonkey

Haven't been paying much attention to the weapons, didn't know the game had twin blades. After looking them up I see that there's going to be some pretty interesting new weapons.

So excited for this after spending so much time with the first, probably my most-wanted game this year.

TreIII

I imagine not since
all the wicked weave summons get, you know, violently murdered at one point.

Kamiya actually said in the "low tension" commentary of "Let's Play Bayonetta" series that
they were not actually killed from what Balder did, just wounded.
And let's face it, Bowser is a sucker for punishment in his own series. He even survived getting tossed into a Sun. Bowser >
Jubileus
confirmed. :lol

But any way, this is probably the reason why Bayo was still able to attempt to summon Gomorrah again in Bayo2, before things got ugly.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Noted, but then they probably shouldn't be in the thread for the sequel.

Eh plenty of people who would be interested in this game might not have played the original. Maybe they didn't own either the 360 or the PS3, or more likely had a PS3 only and were scared off from playing the original on that system knowing it was inferior.

Alright, it's done. This thread did it. Ordered the Mario U and Luigi U bundle from Best Buy ($260 and free shipping if anyone is interested), plus Mario Kart 8 from Amazon.

In the future when I look at my credit card bill and exclaim "What was I thinking??" I'll look at that Bayonetta gif and know what I was thinking.

That it will all be worth it

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
The added animation the ennemies have in reaction to the different hits from Bayonetta are really showing. Gives a great feel to the game.

WHEN IS OCTOBER?

Alright, it's done. This thread did it. Ordered the Mario U and Luigi U bundle from Best Buy ($260 and free shipping if anyone is interested), plus Mario Kart 8 from Amazon.

In the future when I look at my credit card bill and exclaim "What was I thinking??" I'll look at that Bayonetta gif and know what I was thinking.

That it will all be worth it
Dude. DUUUUUUUUUDDE.

The Wonderful 101.

Eh plenty of people who would be interested in this game might not have played the original. Maybe they didn't own either the 360 or the PS3, or more likely had a PS3 only and were scared off from playing the original on that system knowing it was inferior.
You still don't go in to a thread for a game's sequel if you're avoiding anything about that first game.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
You still don't go in to a thread for a game's sequel if you're avoiding anything about that first game.

You have a good point there.

There's a great Persona thread joke to be made here though, something about 3 and 4 versus 1 and 2. I just can't piece it together.

This is a thread about gameplay though, not story. Also all copies of this game come with the first, so many people (including myself) will be playing both for the first time at release.

Obviously Bayonetta doesn't seem like the kind of game you play for the story, but kind of a bummer to just have something like that thrown out in a preview thread.

OT: Day one

Jintor

I'm watching the Bayo director's commentary and I only just twigged that Luka is played by Yuri Lowenththal. Yosuke plz

I'll ask again in this thread since it seems more active. In the Bayonetta 2 multiplayer thread there is an update on local co-op with one person on the Gamepad but I can't find that information anywhere. Can anybody direct me to a source?

Shahadan

Will we have two OTs then when the games release? Would be awkward for first time players of Bayo 1 to be drowned in Bayo 2 posts/spoilers.

lupinko

Please stop GAF - Best Buy has that bundle deal going for the Wii-U right now and the temptation to get that to get this is already overwhelming enough

You're lucky you get deals, if I wanted brand new Wii U here in Japan it's pretty damn pricey, but you get like 3 games or something and a bunch of other stuff.

And I do want new and I'll bite the bullet when bayo 2 drops.

Feindflug

Dat gif... :O

Game looks amazing, beautiful art direction, improved lighting and even better partricles....why is Platinum so awesome? I love you guys so much. <3

Stulaw

Watched it last Night, looks great.

Also, Bowser probably won't be the summon for the climax because
Madama Butterfly is the usual Wicked Weave, but she never gets summoned in the original Bayonetta.

It's on my list!! But I'm done spending money for today. Mario Kart 8 just got the preference tonight because the free game thing ends in a week and I want Pikmin 3!

PIkmin 3 is godlike. I doubt you'll be disappointed. So much polish, it's incredible, and just about the most charming game you'll ever play.

quick question from someone who hasnt played Bayonetta yet
-shame on me-

Is there a parry-system?

Seems like there is dodging (witch
:p
activates slow-mo/witch-time?)

Hypron

-shame on me-

Is there a parry-system?

You need to equip a specific item (the moon of mahaa-kalaa) to be able to parry enemies, but it's in the game.

Lernaean

Banned
And yes, dodge works as you describe it. You time it with the incoming attack (like MGR parry) and it activates witch time.

Nibel

-shame on me-

Is there a parry-system?

In MGR:R, you have to parry your enemy attacks and every other dodge-method is optional.

In Bayonetta, you have to dodge attacks and if timed right you will attack Witch Time which slows time down for a short amount of time to either attack your enemy or quickly reconsider your strategy; every other dodge-method (like parrying) can be bought.

I would say that Bayonetta allows the most aggressive playstyle of all Platinum action-games. Wonderful 101 wants you to play more defensive meaning you have to read their patterns and wait for them to attack to parry/block. MGR:R is somewhere inbetween of those two. That being said, Bayonetta is not a mindless hack'n'shoot game - but it wants you to grasp the nettle more than those two in my opinion. :)

ah nice. So its similar to W101, in regards to buying Items for new abilities?

Yes, that was in Bayonetta as well and I also expect that Bayonetta 2 will have a shop.

Mortemis

Banned
This game, these gifs, mmmmmmmmm. Its hitting all the right spots, Jesus.

This is one of my favorite gaming genres and its a crime that I haven't played Bayonetta 1 yet, might as well just wait until release. God I can't wait.

Top Bottom