• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Bloodborne gameplay trailer

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
The only thing I'm concerned about is the framerate, which was pretty shaky at the E3 demo apparently. So if you're playing this on the show floor and post impressions... mention the framerate.

Hoo-doo

Banned
My goodness

When he jams that blade onto the folded staff on his back to create the scythe. And the werewolf on the right says "Ok. You wanna play like that?" and starts side-stepping to flank in response. This is crazy good.

I'm gonna need a light-hearted game after playing through this though. lol

The atmosphere seems more oppressive than Tower of Latria's.

Switch back and forth between Tearaway and Bloodborne for maximum contrast.

iwCzcFjhifknP.png

Seeing how the quality is off my own direct caps.

Hayabusi

That is all I need, it looks so good. Buying PS4 this holiday and I need a fix of DS right now. (But can't, because I just moved and the PS3 is still in a box...:( )

GuessWho

dat lack of 60 fps. lol

ok so not knowing anything about this game...is this dark souls 3? like the same type/difficulty/all of the above?

Toxi

Banned
dat lack of 60 fps. lol

ok so not knowing anything about this game...is this dark souls 3? like the same type/difficulty/all of the above?
It is a lot like Demon's Souls/Dark Souls, but it has a new more aggressive approach to combat by forcing you to fight without a shield and rewarding you with a bit of healing if you hit an enemy soon after they hit you.

And it looks incredible. Just a wonderful gothic style that is some of the creepiest environment design I've ever seen.

GuessWho

It is a lot like Demon's Souls/Dark Souls, but it has a new more aggressive approach to combat by forcing you to fight without a shield and rewarding you with a bit of healing if you hit an enemy soon after they hit you.

hmm, wonder if that makes it easier or adds to the difficulty.

SerTapTap

Oh christ I watched the trailer in full finally. I've never played a Dark souls and gave up on Demons after an hour but I have to get this. Those wolf things look amazing. I must kill them. The eyes. That's fantastic. The giant straight razor. So good.

Guys i think i heard the maiden in black voice actress in the BB trailer.Any chance of MiB be on bloodborne?

Maiden in black is the ultimate Waifu

I still remember the first time she said "touch the demon inside me" to me.

Mr Vast

Banned
Apples and oranges.

This game is co-developed and is exclusive for a single next gen system. Has had demonstrated gameplay in person. Is playable.

Why would sony actively downgrade their own exclusive AAA titles?

Why would they downgrade dark souls 2? They showed playable dark souls 2 gameplay too.

Croyles

Good. One weakness of the Souls games was that if you had patient defense, you could overcome almost anything without taking risk.

Upping the stakes and playing more risky combat sounds great. Sure you can hang back, but maybe that will invite being overwhelmed.

Hearing about this reminds me of when I saw the first RE5 trailer and was hoping for a more active offense/defense style of SURVIVAL, that we never got. Hopefully this game focuses on that, surviving while on the edge of death.

Exactly how I feel.

I absolutely adore Dark Souls but I quite often end up hating myself just a little bit for opting for a big shield and being way too defensive. Part of the reason I made a conscious effort to do a 2 hand dex run in Dark Souls once i've beaten it. Problem is, if the option is there, I will most likely always opt for the more defensive one. Taking this option away from the player and in turn making the counter-attack and faster strategic combat more viable will make it more exciting while not becoming a hack n slash game.

At least, I hope it will end up being implemented that well.

I think the combat mechanics in Demons and Dark Souls really was Miyazaki's brain child and he knew exactly why he was doing everything. IMO we kind of felt his loss a little in Dark Souls 2, where not as much focus was seemed to be put into combat and lot of it felt a bit messy.

Z..

Finding it hard to get excited. Absolutely loved Dark/Demon's, but this just seems like more of the same in a different setting. Similar atmosphere, similar mood, similar art direction, similar everything. Why do sequels always have to be so unimaginative in this industry? For fuck's sake...

Why would they downgrade dark souls 2? They showed playable dark souls 2 gameplay too.

Way to respond to only one of the posts telling you why your comparison is faulty.

Once more. Let's try this once more. Did Sony Japan Studio work on Dark Souls 2? Is Bloodborne coming out on decade old hardware?

I'll wait.

Finding it hard to get excited. Absolutely loved Dark/Demon's, but this just seems like more of the same in a different setting. Similar atmosphere, similar mood, similar art direction, similar everything. Why do sequels always have to be so unimaginative in this industry? For fuck's sake...

I see you've read absolutely nothing about the game.

Foggy

Way to respond to only one of the posts telling you why your comparison is faulty.

Once more. Let's try this once more. Did Sony Japan Studio work on Dark Souls 2? Is Bloodborne coming out on decade old hardware?

I'll wait.

I see you've read absolutely nothing about the game.

It's ok, poster can make a thread of shame when the game comes out.

We'll wait.

Jesus christ this looks so goooooood! All I need is this and MGSV
(well not really but still...these two games will suck up all my time).

ZenTzen

you cant be serious, really, atmosphere, mood and art direction are really different, with a more aggressive gameplay

Top Bottom