• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Bloodstained screenshots show significant graphical update, devs ask for feedback

Olly88

Really not a fan of the art style. It's a huge bummer that the "spiritual successors" to two franchises that I should be really looking forward to (Castlevania and Mega Man) are in the works and I can't get interested in either of them.

People here are saying that Character 1 looks better in "gameplay", but that's a still screenshot. In motion it'll probably end up looking like Trine, very visibly "3D". Character 3 seems like it would come closer to pulling off the 2.5D look you get in Xrd.

bon

I would go with 1/1. It looks the most Castlevania.

I like the background a lot!

Miriam looks great too, aside from the HUMONGOUS breasts of course (((( ;°Д°))))

4DBF6FV.png

wow slow down there Vanillaware, sheesh!

Elixist

wow. i think some of us were beginning to wonder if we got mighty number nined with the graphics. big improvements.

Krammy

And character style 1 looks better on actual gameplay.

Style 3 is missing shadow, which is quite jarring for me. Perhaps it's due to the filters?

I was Character3/Background1 until I saw this post.

Character1 clearly has better shadows or contrast of shades, especially in a gameplay scenario where the camera is zoomed out, but I love everything else about Character3 (colour vibrance, cel shading). I left some feedback echoing this.

I think if the contrast or shadows were enhanced on Character3, even if it only happens when the camera is zoomed out for gameplay, that would be perfection!

Miriam looks great too, aside from the HUMONGOUS breasts of course (((( ;°Д°))))

4DBF6FV.png

magic breasts
i dont gotta explain shit

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

4DBF6FV.png

Big boobs don't look great now? :p

This game was funded before I got around to looking at it but I wish I had funded it. I love the SotN style Castlevania games and this is looking really good!

Manus

Can't believe the love for 3 in here. The cell shading makes it look terrible like a PS2 Dragon Ball Z game. The character also clashes so badly with the background. 1 all the way.

Rymuth

Looking Damn good.

Character 3, for sure. Gonna have to see the pics on my computer before deciding on the background.

Crocodile

At first I thought it would be SNAP Shader 3 for the character but I'm really warming up to Shader 1 for the character........

This will be a tough choice

Thank god you are likely in the minority.

There is a reason artistic descisions like this are usually made in-house by a select few and not left up to the general populace. The average person by and large are too easily persuaded by anything bright and shiny, regardless if its thematically cohesive or not.
I hope the dev team dont make any hasty descisions based on poeples jump reactions and actually do what is right for the games' artistic integrity.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
There is a reason artistic descisions like this are usually made in-house by a select few and not left up to the general populace. The average person by and large are too easily persuaded by anything bright and shiny, regardless if its thematically cohesive or not.
I hope the dev team dont make any hasty descisions based on poeples jump reactions and actually do what is right for the games' artistic integrity.

Well they can't make up their mind in the dev studio either. Hopefully they'll just ship it with different shader presets if there's enough want for the different styles so everyone can be happy :)

Can't they just make them selectable in options? You know to appease both people with taste, picking Char Style 3 and objectively wrong people picking Char Style 1 (it looks like when you rip the model from another game and put it it into Gmod... just plain flat textures... How can you prefer that? )

Foffy

Banned

Considering IGA wants the game to have a 2.5D art style not unlike Guilty Gear Xrd, the 3rd shader for the character is obviously ideal.

Top Bottom