• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Chloe screenshot (Uncharted: The Lost Legacy)

Gaminar

Banned
So why are so many people getting all surprised about Chloe being Indian? Are all Australians supposed to be of EU descent? Australia is part of the commonwealth so if you guys haven't heard of Indian Australians then that's a problem.

Can any of you guess Drake's roots? Or Elena's? Would that make your experience any less enjoyable or do you have to have labels on everything? Let's talk about sexual orientation for everyone next. Smh.

The pic is from that same night section. We need to see more of the open day location in the artworks to check what Naughty Dog promised about this sequel being bigger than Uncharted 4.

Gaminar

Banned
How is it a problem? Can't say I've ever cared enough to think about it.

So your problem is that you can't think outside of just one race in general outside of certain continents. Brush up on your history dude. And you should care. There are dozens of us... DOZENS!

While TLL will have enhancements, I believe they said that TLoUP2 will be the game that's using all their new tech. Like I don't know if TLL for example is using whatever facial animation tech they've started using for P2. Because it's much more advanced than what they've used in past games.
Yes they are. Naughty Dog confirmed they are using new engine for TLOU2 and I bet they are targetting PS4 PRO as lead like Death Stranding which look stellar.
Thanks guys. Well that fares a lot better if the trailer was not only running on the pro but also targeting it from the start and then downgrading it for the ps4. Since it's a new engine with new real time rigging techniques i don't think it will be possible for this uncharted expansion to match this level of animation.

handstvs36.gif

source.gif

Best realtime face deformation i've ever seen anywhere. Very convincing.

I need to get a linear experience again. Feel completely drained after Horizon even though I know it's not even that heavy on the open world aspect.

Love that we got Indian inspired story and main character here, represent.

I need to get a linear experience again. Feel completely drained after Horizon even though I know it's not even that heavy on the open world aspect.

Love that we got Indian inspired story and main character here, represent.

Not that linear according to Naughty Dog since this expansion is bigger than Uncharted 4 with multiple paths.

Not that linear according to Naughty Dog since this expansion is bigger than Uncharted 4 with multiple paths.

Well it's certainly not going to be like Horizon.

Wide open play areas doesn't automatically mean non-linear.

Just so long as I'm not managing 5 quests and collecting shit for all of them and crafting 10 different ammo types for 6 weapons, then I'm fine. It's that moment to moment stuff I want to get back into, without the fetching.

So your problem is that you can't think outside of just one race in general outside of certain continents. Brush up on your history dude. And you should care. There are dozens of us... DOZENS!

Nope, no problem. I just literally have never dedicated one moment of thought to which races are in Australia. I don't care.

Well it's certainly not going to be like Horizon.

Wide open play areas doesn't automatically mean non-linear.

Just so long as I'm not managing 5 quests and collecting shit for all of them and crafting 10 different ammo types for 6 weapons, then I'm fine. It's that moment to moment stuff I want to get back into, without the fetching.
I kinda feel the same. Just hit the 50% mark in Horizon and I am still enjoying it quite a bit. It is more just the openness, management, etc... stuff that is draining me. It isn't Horizon itself but rather the genre and what it brings to the table. It can drain you.

Funny thing is I'm looking forward to another big RPG (Persona 5) next month lol.

I appreciate shorter, linear experiences too. I think it works better playing more of those types of games and throwing in those big RPGs here and there.

Sanojio

word! add in the fact that this game takes place in India and ND is expanding it to a 'fuller' title instead of mini DLC and i'm so stoked.

i really hope it's more linear like UC2 vs UC4, though.

the big treasure in the game is Ganesha's missing trunk - which he famously broke off to use as a writing tool for the Mahabharata

It's not. It's a diamond the Imperial Hoysala priests made to honor Ganesha

I mean, as a Canadian, I don't think I can be blamed for not taking any particular interest in Australian history. Now that the matter of Indian Australians is coming up, I suppose it is perfectly reasonable that they would be a thing, but as I've never encountered any Indian-Australians and they're not really represented in media, it's not something I would think to think about.

I mean, as a Canadian, I don't think I can be blamed for not taking any particular interest in Australian history. Now that the matter of Indian Australians is coming up, I suppose it is perfectly reasonable that they would be a thing, but as I've never encountered any Indian-Australians and they're not really represented in media, it's not something I would think to think about.

Indians are everywhere in Canada why they wouldn't be in Australia? Indians are everywhere even in South America!

Gbraga

Man, I didn't know that Part II had the Pro as the base platform. I hope they're targeting a somewhat high resolution. The Amateur version shouldn't be too hot if they're going for 1080p and 30fps with the Pro version.

Nev

Banned
Looks like a completely different person from both Uncharted 2 and 3.

Bigger nose and eyes, rounder face. If you want to retcon her out of nowhere like you did with Sam that's fine, but why make unnecessary changes to her appareance? It's not like her original look was not fitting for this retcon. She looks like some weird mix between Nadine and the original Chloe.

Typical Naughty Dog anyways. Elena has had 4 different faces at this point and Sully from 4 is just not the same person as before.

Uncharted 3's Chloe sucked tho.

Looks like a completely different person from both Uncharted 2:

And 3:

Bigger nose and eyes, rounder face. If you want to retcon her out of nowhere like you did with Sam that's fine, but why make unnecessary changes to her appareance? It's not like her original look was not fitting for this retcon. Typical Naughty Dog anyways. Elena has had 4 different faces at this point and Sully from 4 is just not the same person as before.

Uncharted 3's Chloe sucks tho.

Design changes happen in many games. MGS games had most of its recurring characters' designs changed everytime, not just the appearance but the structure of the face and shape of the whole characters, especially Snake and Ocelot. If you compare them between each game you can say they are different characters. Same can be said about Chris Redfield in every Resident Evil game starring him.
Even Kratos design is changing in the upcoming God Of War and they made his face structure look different and smartly reduced his birth mark's width and length in order to keep it apparent due to his longer beard:
H94q9NI.jpg

Some changes are relevant while some may not be as efficient.

Thanks guys. Well that fares a lot better if the trailer was not only running on the pro but also targeting it from the start and then downgrading it for the ps4. Since it's a new engine with new real time rigging techniques i don't think it will be possible for this uncharted expansion to match this level of animation.

handstvs36.gif

source.gif

Best realtime face deformation i've ever seen anywhere. Very convincing.

Neil mentioned that Ellie has the most complex character model of any character to come out of a SIE studio.

Would be easier for them if they just had to render a few corridors.

If you think Uncharted 4 is a bunch of corridors I doubt you've played it. But go on, defending Bioware's honor. I'm sure they're proud of you. More so than they are of their glitchy ass games.

Memento

She definitely looks way more Indian now. She looks great though!

Very excited for this. I wonder when its coming out...

Kinyou

Gameinformer posted an article about the evolution of her design

this is a good image to compare and see the changes

chloe_5F00_game_5F00_informer_5F00_comparison4.jpg
Got to say all in all they kept it pretty coherent (lots of nose jobs though). I'm glad that she doesn't look as weird as she did on the game informer cover.

Top Bottom