• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Chloe screenshot (Uncharted: The Lost Legacy)

LuuKyK

Aaaand I am excited for Uncharted all over again.

Couldn't be happier that they chose Chloe to star the game. She is such a great character.

Gameinformer posted an article about the evolution of her design

this is a good image to compare and see the changes

chloe_5F00_game_5F00_informer_5F00_comparison4.jpg

Wow she looks much better now. And she actually looks Indian too. Her U3 model looks bizarre in comparison.

Tyaren

Not that linear according to Naughty Dog since this expansion is bigger than Uncharted 4 with multiple paths.

Wait, what? It's bigger (in map size, I guess?) than the main game, Uncharted 4?
Wow...I'm actually looking even more forward to it now. :) Loved the more open Madagascar and islands areas.

jennetics

Uncharted 4 Chloe is the mom I'd see at the customer service desk yelling about returning that J-Lo watch that she bought for her step daughter because her step daughter smashed it against the wall when they got into an argument. And now she can't find the receipt.

Shredderi

This is the best Chloe has ever looked. Looking back at the UC2 version of her, there was always something really weird going on with her eyes.

camac002

Was it ever said before hand? Like she always looked racially ambiguous to an extent in the previous game but I don't think her nationality was every revealed.

Nah it was never said beforehand in the games. But yeah, in U2 especially I always thought of her as probably mixed race. So I don't know why people are saying "retcon" when they left that open.

I remember Claudia Black describing Chloe in an interview and she described her as 'probably Australian' so they didn't even have her nationality set in stone back then...

SystemBug

Nah it was never said beforehand in the games. But yeah, in U2 especially I always thought of her as probably mixed race. So I don't know why people are saying "retcon" when they left that open.

I remember Claudia Black describing Chloe in an interview and she described her as 'probably Australian' so they didn't even have her nationality set in stone back then...
Australian isn't really an ethnicity though, unless we are talking about Australian Natives. I just think its weird, like for me it seems like a cop out on them just deciding she is Indian now because the game takes place in India and if this game involves blowing up India, (which from the footage it does) it's much easier to by-pass criticism of that if the character is also of Indian descent. I wouldn't really bring this up if India wasn't colonized (the effects of that are very far reaching and still felt today), so you can see why it would be weird.

Memento

Australian isn't really an ethnicity though, unless we are talking about Australian Natives. I just think its weird, like for me it seems like a cop out on them just deciding she is Indian now because the game takes place in India and if this game involves blowing up India, (which from the footage it does) it's much easier to by-pass criticism of that if the character is also of Indian descent. I wouldn't really bring this up if India wasn't colonized (the effects of that are very far reaching and still felt today), so you can see why it would be weird.

It is not about "blowing up" India. They want to explore the rich mythos of India and making her Indian serves a narrative purpose for both that and to develop her character around it. They also made her more indian like, which means more diversity for our AAA games. There is nothing wrong with their approach.

Shin-Ra

Asav looks so video gamey compared to Nadine and Chloe.
Indeed, looks like some Splinter Cell cyberterrorist baddie.

Man, I didn't know that Part II had the Pro as the base platform. I hope they're targeting a somewhat high resolution. The Amateur version shouldn't be too hot if they're going for 1080p and 30fps with the Pro version.
Tales From My Ass: Part II.

Looks like one of those before meth/ after meth images.
Uncharted 2 Chloe's after meth.

Top Bottom