• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dengeki PlayStation Interviews (Gravity Rush, Capcom, Granzella)

HE WILL FUCKING RETURN!
or GRAY FOX!

tumblr_meom0mhzsc1r2unqlfs.gif
I loved the game, but never "got it" for lack of a better word. I think I beat it on hard, but I never got the "Dante Must Die" difficulties completed or hardly any of the difficult challenges. Never understood how you perfect stages and go through without getting hit and stuff. Enemies seemed to come from randomly off the screen at times and I still didn't understand how you dodged some of the bullets.

I welcome a next-gen rising so I can really sit down and learn the engine.

Verendus

Banned
These threads are great.

I wonder if Sony did like MS and Nintendo and got a Platinum exclusive, or if that is MGR2.

I hope GR2 at least has a Vita version though =X

And DMC5 confirmed for 2015? Great!
We all know it's RE7.
Whilst another Metal Gear from Platinum is great, it's not something SCE would really need to get involved with. If they were to get involved, it'd be better to work on their own IP or commission a new one. Alternatively, if you absolutely had to push forward for a reasonable budgeted IP for die hard fans or something, I think a Zone of the Enders title would be well suited for a studio like Platinum Games, and since that's not something Konami may necessarily just do by themselves. That's if you must use a Konami IP that is.

Whilst another Metal Gear from Platinum is great, it's not something SCE would really need to get involved with. If they were to get involved, it'd be better to work on their own IP or commission a new one. Alternatively, if you absolutely had to push forward for a reasonable budgeted IP for die hard fans or something, I think a Zone of the Enders title would be well suited for a studio like Platinum Games, and since that's not something Konami may necessarily just do by themselves. That's if you must use a Konami IP that is.

I don't know. Anything Not Metal Gear from Platinum will surely bomb? Would SCE take the risk?

Wait, SCE is involved with the new Platinum game?

EDIT - NVM misread it

Sounds like the interview has some Persona 5 quote: "new info after new year (concert)"???
And Monster Hunter will celebrate 11th anniversary in 2015 with a new start?

wrowa

Gravity Rush 2 going PS4 exclusive would be one if my biggest gaming-related disappointments, even though I'd like to see it's fantastic world realized on beefier hardware.

Spiegel

I remember when everybody thought Gravity Daze/Rush 2 was a Vita game. Good times.

It certainly looked like a Vita game and was shown inside the Vita games reel at the TGS.

And they wouldn't have announced the game and gone dark for more than a year if something didn't happen with the game and the platforms.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Well GR1 better hit PS4 as well, then I can get rid of Vita safely. Actually I don't even need a sequel, just port GR1.

Verendus

Banned
I don't know. Anything Not Metal Gear from Platinum will surely bomb? Would SCE take the risk?
I'm looking at it from the perspective of needing SCE to actually be involved. Konami is already going to make three Metal Gear games this generation, and one of those is obviously going to be something like Rising 2 or another spin-off. If SCE was to get involved with Platinum though, then it would be better to work with their own IP or something new in my opinion. If it was absolutely a case of maybe using an existing IP from elsewhere because you can mitigate the risk even further by involving another party, in the case of Konami, I'd think a Zone of the Enders title wouldn't be a bad choice. Since that's a title that would have a tough time existing otherwise. Although with that title's history, you have an uphill battle in terms of the success of the project. So again, I come back to my opinion of using SCE's own IP or maybe commissioning a new one.

As for anything non-Metal Gear bombing from Platinum, I honestly don't think Scalebound is going to bomb. Having a Sony backed or Microsoft backed title is not a bad thing in that respect, if the publishers take the necessary steps to really promote and market the title as one of their notable exclusives. I'm sure Microsoft will push Scalebound and that will potentially help it be more successful than a lot of Platinum titles, if not all of them.

Got Gravity Rush day 1 and absolutely love it, have my pc wallpaper as an image from the sequel and as much as I would love to see this on Vita, I am actually not too bothered by the (Possible) transfer to PS4.

The first game was amazing and deserved a lot of attention which, as all us Vita fans know isn’t going to happen on Vita. Plus I think the game could benefit from the extra power of being on console rather than handheld. Imagining the world on my 50” 1080p TV is one I am looking forward to.

Worse case, if possible, I would settle for a cross platform version so the Vita one would have slightly less in the graphical quality department etc but still be the same game.

Respawn

Banned
New PlayStation Dengeki Interviews:

Horiyuki Kobayashi (Capcom)
- Several games will be both announced and released in 2015

Hashimoto Yusuke (Platinum Games)
- A new title is currently in progress

Keiichi Toyama (SCEJ)
- It's been a long time since new information about the new Gravity Daze has surfaced, but people will understand immediately why when they see new footage

*wipes sweat off forehead* It's happening isn't it fellas?

Spiegel

I'm looking at it from the perspective of needing SCE to actually be involved. Konami is already going to make three Metal Gear games this generation, and one of those is obviously going to be something like Rising 2 or another spin-off. If SCE was to get involved with Platinum though, then it would be better to work with their own IP or something new in my opinion. If it was absolutely a case of maybe using an existing IP from elsewhere because you can mitigate the risk even further by involving another party, in the case of Konami, I'd think a Zone of the Enders title wouldn't be a bad choice. Since that's a title that would have a tough time existing otherwise. Although with that title's history, you have an uphill battle in terms of the success of the project. So again, I come back to my opinion of using SCE's own IP or maybe commissioning a new one.

As for anything non-Metal Gear bombing from Platinum, I honestly don't think Scalebound is going to bomb. Having a Sony backed or Microsoft backed title is not a bad thing in that respect, if the publishers take the necessary steps to really promote and market the title as one of their notable exclusives. I'm sure Microsoft will push Scalebound and that will potentially help it be more successful than a lot of Platinum titles, if not all of them.

But Sony doesn't necessarily have to be involved with the Platinum project, right?

BadWolf

Gravity Rush 2 going PS4 exclusive would be one if my biggest gaming-related disappointments, even though I'd like to see it's fantastic world realized on beefier hardware.

GR2 going PS4 exclusive would actually give the IP a chance at life.

A Vita only game would be death and a Vita/PS4 game would hold the PS4 game back.

Respawn

Banned
If Rising 2 is somehow exclusive to PS4 worldwide good Lord. Make room in the bunker.

edit: Ahh new title. Need to pay attention to my own quoted post.

Verendus

Banned
Let it go
I honestly don't think that's a bad prediction (aside from the 2015 part since I don't know about that). Capcom definitely had a title in concept that could both fit another Dragon's Dogma or Monster Hunter, and that's a home console title. It's not cancelled either last I knew. Considering the DD series will be getting a different title too, it's actually quite reasonable that this project could be a home console Monster Hunter. The only reason I personally don't think so is because I would imagine it unnecessary to have Monster Hunter when you have Dragon's Dogma on home consoles, since the titles seem very similar to me. It's an overlap which would be silly to create, especially when Monster Hunter is so successful where it is. But stranger things are happening so I could believe it.

Zombine

Banned
Gravity Rush 2 rebuilt from the ground up for PS4 with a remaster/retooling of the first game? Please make this happen.

Ushiwaka

Well, I don't think that Platinum game is Scalebound, cause Dengeki is a PS magazine and they ask questions regarding developers plans on PS consoles afaik .

Well, I don't think that Platinum game is Scalebound, cause Dengeki is a PS magazine and they ask questions regarding developers plans on PS consoles afaik .
If it were Scalebound they would have just said so. It's probably Rising or the next game from the Anarchy team.

Oxn

I just hope when they inevitably announce Gravity Rush 2 for PS4, that they will also port the 1st one to PS4 as well.

Kinda like Bayonetta on Wii U

I wanna replay it, but the controls on vita frustrated me.

convo

Despite my love for Gravity daze , i would love to see what they can do on the ps4.No grievances there if people will be able to actually record some footage of the game for the general media.

Producer

Gravity Rush on Vita was a mess, low resolution and didn't even have enough buttons.

on PS4 hopefully they can actually add content to the world, and have more stuff to do.

And make combat consist more than just Gravity Kicks

zeromcd73

Sorry guys, heading off to bed despite lots more interviews to be had!

Look forward to some Sega/Marvelous/Danganronpa/Tekken7/Bandai releated things tomorrow :D

I'll update the OP and thread tomorrow if no one else has done it by then.

Top Bottom