• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dengeki PlayStation Interviews (Gravity Rush, Capcom, Granzella)

Kazuma Kujou (Granzella)
- A new Disaster Report game is coming in Autumn. Also, two titles coming for PS Vita, and a brand new action adventure game for PS4

I'm so excited. SOS The Final Escape (PAL Disaster Report) is one of my favourite games pretty much ever. Never could find a PAL copy of the sequel, and struggled through the Japan-only PSP game, but man. The first game just had such a huge impact on me at the time. I can't believe they got the IP back from Irem's grave.

Best. 。◕‿◕。

Endo Punk

I saw nothing special about Lily Bargamo tech demo, it was a generic anime looking game and nothing more. I for one welcome let it die, reminds me of xtreme era ps1 titles. Lets hope its the thrill kill we deserve.

Really? Wow. This game really is going to be on PS4. A GR1 port wouldn't surprise me either.

Yeah now that I remember it the game was never officially confirmed for any platform. Pretty weird. If it indeed becomes a PS4 exclusive I think all Vita owners will burn their system.

I would take generic anime looking game over whatever the hell Let It Die is any day.

The opposite for me. Thanks Suda.

Keiichi Toyama (SCEJ)
- It's been a long time since new information about the new Gravity Daze has surfaced, but people will understand immediately why when they see new footage
18707246_Honey-Badger-Dance.gif

Producer

Lily Bergamo would have had a nice artstyle with average/mediocre gameplay, classic Suda.

Still though, better than some edgy looking f2p game. Grim Reaper on a skateboard? The middle school focus testers must have loved it

HYDE

Banned
Are you sure you will care about it? It looks like you're more interested in consoles than videogames.

This makes zero sense, I bought both God of War Ghost of Sparta and Chains of Olympus and gladly embraced the console release and sold off the originals with no regrets or looking back...would do the same with Gravity.

Gravity Rush PS4. Let me have it.

Loved the vita game. Hope they flesh out the combat more and find out how to handle the way Kat hangs up on even simple geometry. It had obvious flaws but still managed to be a very enjoyable game. I even 100%'d it.

Having Sunset Overdrive and a cleaned up Gravity Rush in one generation would be amazing. Yay for games with awesome traversal.

Sorry, but 0% is bullshit and you know it. Games can be profitable on Vita. All this dead talk is getting really out of hand. It isn't a great platform for releases but still a viable.

Do we have any reliable numbers for Freedom Wars? That might give us a good idea how much GR2 might have sold. I can't imagine it's a viable platform for big-budget games, if it ever was.

So they should stop developing GR2 full stop. I can wait for the game to release on PS4 and tank. The audience is not there and I doubt It will ever be for the type of game that is GR.

Nonsense. One of Sony's strengths has always been in their variety of first party output, and Gravity Rush is still one of the best games on Vita. If the sequel shows up on a more popular platform then there's no reason the series can't be a reasonable success.

New PlayStation Dengeki Interviews:
Keiichi Toyama (SCEJ)
- It's been a long time since new information about the new Gravity Daze has surfaced, but people will understand immediately why when they see new footage
At least give me a Vita version! I really want to be able to play this game ;________;

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I saw nothing special about Lily Bargamo tech demo, it was a generic anime looking game and nothing more.

That's what i want to see. More anime-ish titles, more japanesey crazy stuff, i've had enough of realistic western pandering games. We get enough of that from western publishers and developers to begin with. Give me some out there crazy stuff that we used to get.

Its a shame things like Lily had to die because of western 'cultural sensitivities'.

I don't consider myself a weaboo by any means, but its annoying having trolls pop up every second mocking people for liking anything even remotely unwestern or by the numbers.

I want Gravity Daze to come out and get the recognition it deserves for being a good title. And that necessitates the highest audience base and the best technological foundations

That's really a lot of broken hearts over Lily Bargamo that we literally know next to nothing about 0_0

I get the feeling some of you were expecting her to be Bayonetta-lite but we honestly don't know what it is ^^;

What if it's just a fancy rhythm game for the PS4?

FluxWaveZ

That's really a lot of broken hearts over Lily Bargamo that we literally know next to nothing about 0_0

I get the feeling some of you were expecting her to be Bayonetta-lite but we honestly don't know what it is ^^;

It's about aesthetic.

antibolo

Banned

According to interviews with the producer it's still the same game, just with a different aesthetic.

...I'm not sure if you're clowning around or just weren't paying attention, but we already knew from the get go that it was going to be a hack n' slash game.

A bit from column A and a bit from column B. The example I gave was obviously an exaggeration but at the same time I didn't know it was officially announced as a hack n' slash game.

The initial response just had people going "What is this?".

According to interviews with the producer it's still the same game, just with a different aesthetic.

Yeah, Suda always implied that Lily was going to be an online game. The actual concept behind LiD sounds really fun. Sure the initial visual design was far more appealing, but the game still seems like it could turn out great.

SykoTech

Oh wow, that Devil's Third quote is absolutely hilarious. Can't hate the guy for acknowledging the inevitable.

A bit from column A and a bit from column B. The example I gave was obviously an exaggeration but at the same time I didn't know it was officially announced as a hack n' slash game.

The initial response just had people going "What is this?".

I suppose I'm not entirely sure if it was announced as a hack n' slash game upon the initial trailer, but I know it didn't take us too long to know for sure. Which isn't that surprising since it's Suda. Can't say I'm the biggest fan of Suda's previous work in the genre, but I'd take some serviceable gameplay if it had a really incredible artstyle and IP attached to it. Now...well, can't say I'm interested anymore.

Oh well.

Top Bottom