• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dengeki PlayStation Interviews (Gravity Rush, Capcom, Granzella)

Keiichi Toyama (SCEJ)
- It's been a long time since new information about the new Gravity Daze has surfaced, but people will understand immediately why when they see new footage

Obviously on PS4. Maybe even Morpheus? Could work quite well, but could also induce crazy vertigo.

galvenize

I own a vita without a PS4 (yet) and I wish for GR2 to be on PS4 more than anything else. This game deserves the big stage. Now fly little Kat.

down 2 orth

Ok so I'm a huge vita gamer and Gravity Rush is one of my favorite games...

But let's be realistic here. Are tens of millions of dollars going to be invested in a vita exclusive Gravity Rush sequel with the install base that the vita has? Hell no. At least if its on the PS4, its going to get all that tender love and care, some big $$$, and 1080p baby!! YES!!

TheChaos0

Keiichi Toyama (SCEJ)
- It's been a long time since new information about the new Gravity Daze has surfaced, but people will understand immediately why when they see new footage

tumblr_m9lrqblwt71rcciplo1_250.gif

SerTapTap

Sounds like Gravity Rush comes out for PS4. Fuck Yoshida.

Tit for tat, Vita stole Gravity Rush from PS3. Really though, I can't be mad, people that want to hate the Vita will hate the Vita, GR2 also Vita exclusive would do nothing to fix that. It deserves to sell more so maybe PS4 will help.

Project Morpheus Support would be amazing.

Amazing and quite probably nauseating. I'd try it for sure, but would hope there's a 2D display option as well. Also I would hope they keep the third person view, game really benefits from a wider view. Honestly I'm most excited about better controls and draw distance if it's on PS4,won't get my hopes up for morpheus though it'd be amazing.

Elios83

Gravity Rush 2 on PS4, it was the best choice for the series, sadly for my Vita.
Hopefully we'll see footage soon =)

18-Volt

Not surprised about Gravity Rush 2, Sony indeed cut their support to Vita. It's all PS4 for them.

Which is bad for me, anticipating a handheld only future. I wish I had more free time at home. Man...

I'm so confused. I thought the last game in the series got canned after the tsunami hit Japan and the developer shut down?

Kazuma Kujo (the creator of Disaster Report) left Irem and started a new company called Granzella. They recently obtained the rights to DR from Irem.

Elios83

Not in Japan. I still think that is multi Vita/PS4.

I don't think it's the case, the comment is pretty clear, they're making this with PS4 graphics.
Vita is sub PS3 graphics.
The only question is if the original Gravity Rush will make the jump on PS4 as well with a HD port to be sold digitally and/or included with the sequel.

Phii

Banned
I can live without Gravity Daze 2 as I don't own a PS4

but I would love a Gravity Daze SRPG/spinoff on the Vita

I don't think it's the case, the comment is pretty clear, they're making this with PS4 graphics.
The only question is if the original Gravity Rush will make the jump on PS4 as well with a HD port to be sold digitally and/or included with the sequel.
Didn't Shinobi basically confirm GRHD was a thing?

Seems obvious that it ought to, so people who don't own a Vita can get up to speed. I think it'll be like Bayonetta on Wii U, where it gets bundled in.

nampad

"Fuck Yoshida" - why? I love my Vita and I adore Gravity Rush, but the series has a much better chance of being a success if it comes to PS4 instead of or as well as Vita.

Sony has dropped support for the Vita way too fast and Yoshida is to blame as the head of SCEWWS:

-Studio Liverpool: disbanded after releasing a Vita launch game.
-BigBig: disbanded after releasing a Vita launch game.
-Zipper: disbanded after releasing a Vita launch window game and several others in a short period before. One of their games got hit by PSN outage.
-Sony Bend: moved to PS4 after releasing the most successful Vita launch game instead of doing one more Uncharted or other cover based shooter for Vita right away with the tech they already have.
-Guerilla Games Cambridge: seemingly moved over to console development after releasing a graphically benchmark on handheld platforms instead of continuing with a new shooter using the tech.
-Nihilistic Studios: Yoshida gave them Resistance even though they were known to be subpar shovelware developers.
-Polyphony Digital: the Vita gets not even a token announcement for the biggest franchise Sony has. It would have sold systems on its promise alone and seemingly they never really intended bringing it over.
-Media Molecule: one of the best Vita exclusives gets an extended port on the PS4.

and now
-Team Gravity: sequel to Vita exclusive gets moved to PS4.

Yoshida never supported the Vita. The studios that released launch games could have had their next one on the horizon or released already but instead, the Vita even loses its exclusives. Other big Sony franchises get passed over to bad developers or not even announced.

The Vita does not need direct support from Sony studios. As long as Sony keeps helping others bring games over to the Vita it'll be enough.

I don't feel that way, it is a product created by Sony. It should show some more support. I am not asking for AAA games from them, they can be low budget. I still want them to show me they care about the Vita like I do.

Fuck Yoshida and Sony for putting GR2 on PS4 it should be on Vita.

Again, can I refer you back to a post I made earlier. Ignoring any emotional stake in the decision, it's the right thing to do from a business standpoint.

"Fuck Yoshida" - why? I love my Vita and I adore Gravity Rush, but the series has a much better chance of being a success if it comes to PS4 instead of or as well as Vita.

EDIT:

Sony has dropped support for the Vita way too fast and Yoshida is to blame as the head of SCEWWS:

-Studio Liverpool: disbanded after releasing a Vita launch game.
-BigBig: disbanded after releasing a Vita launch game.
-Zipper: disbanded after releasing a Vita launch window game and several others in a short period before. One of their games got hit by PSN outage.
-Sony Bend: moved to PS4 after releasing the most successful Vita launch game instead of doing one more Uncharted or other cover based shooter for Vita right away with the tech they already have.
-Guerilla Games Cambridge: seemingly moved over to console development after releasing a graphically benchmark on handheld platforms instead of continuing with a new shooter using the tech.
-Nihilistic Studios: Yoshida gave them Resistance even though they were known to be subpar shovelware developers.
-Polyphony Digital: the Vita gets not even a token announcement for the biggest franchise Sony has. It would have sold systems on its promise alone and seemingly they never really intended bringing it over.
-Media Molecule: one of the best Vita exclusives gets an extended port on the PS4.

and now
-Team Gravity: sequel to Vita exclusive gets moved to PS4.

Yoshida never supported the Vita. The studios that released launch games could have had their next one on the horizon or released already but instead, the Vita even loses its exclusives. Other big Sony franchises get passed over to bad developers or not even announced.

Yes, I know the Vita has been a failure and Sony are very much to blame for not supporting it well enough, not securing strong third party games and losing Monster Hunter to Nintendo. But we're talking specifically about Gravity Rush/Daze 2 and as I said above, if you ignore any emotional investment in the game or the hardware, bringing it to PS4 instead or - or as well as - the Vita is the correct business decision. If it came solely to Vita there would be almost zero chance of it being successful enough for a Gravity Rush 3.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
New PlayStation Dengeki Interviews:

Horiyuki Kobayashi (Capcom)
- Several games will be both announced and released in 2015

Kazuma Kujou (Granzella)
- A new Disaster Report game is coming in Autumn. Also, two titles coming for PS Vita, and a brand new action adventure game for PS4

Hashimoto Yusuke (Platinum Games)
- A new title is currently in progress

Kazutoshi Sekiguchi (Koei)
- Toukiden will continue evolving in 2015 (*previous interview earlier this year pretty much stated it would also be coming to home consoles)

Makoto Osaki (Sega)
- Unannounced game currently in development

Keiichi Toyama (SCEJ)

NEW DISASTER REPORT!? HYPE!

Again, can I refer you back to a post I made earlier. Ignoring any emotional stake in the decision, it's the right thing to do from a business standpoint.

Because they didn't even try more then a year to save the system. Look what Nintendo is doing with the WiiU and they compare it with Sony and the Vita. They just released games that were too far in development and c1nned the rest.

nampad

Yes, I know the Vita has been a failure and Sony are very much to blame for not supporting it well enough, not securing strong third party games and losing Monster Hunter to Nintendo. But we're talking specifically about Gravity Rush/Daze 2 and as I said above, if you ignore any emotional investment in the game or the hardware, bringing it to PS4 instead or - or as well as - the Vita is the correct business decision. If it came solely to Vita there would be almost zero chance of it being successful enough for a Gravity Rush 3.

I am not sure it will do much better on PS4 considering that the production values have to be much higher on PS4, too. The sales might be higher (though that is not assured given the higher competition and not mainstream appeal of GR) but the whole game will be much more expensive. The worlds have to be much bigger and detailed to satisfy the next gen feeling.

Sony just wants every developing muscle on the PS4 right now. Given the fact that they already lead, it sucks that they can't even throw their handheld fans a bone. #4theplayers

cheesekao

I seriously hope that GR2 is multiplat. The Japanese will probably buy the Vita version while the Westerners will buy the PS4 version. That'll give it the best chance of success imo.

Kyoufu

I seriously hope that GR2 is multiplat. The Japanese will probably buy the Vita version while the Westerners will buy the PS4 version. That'll give it the best chance of success imo.

It can sell well on PS4 in Japan too. It's not like the first game sold incredibly well on Vita to begin with.

I am not sure it will do much better on PS4 considering that the production values have to be much higher on PS4, too. Sony just wants every developing muscle on the PS4 right now. Given the fact that they already lead, it sucks that they can't even throw their handheld fans a bone. #4theplayers

Nobody's sure of anything. However, the one thing we can be sure about is that any IP developed for the Vita right now would have an extremely low, close to impossible chance of mattering globally.

Top Bottom