• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dengeki PlayStation Interviews (Gravity Rush, Capcom, Granzella)

Actually, that was in reference with the graphics not being the best. As in, if you have worst graphics you can use the console's power to do more dramatic stuff with the gameplay while keeping a steady performance.
You don't need the Vita for that though, you can just make the game for PS4 and aim for 1080p 60fps

David___

Banned
I'm sorry, did I read that correctly that Dragon's Dogma 2 will be announced and released in 2015?

Because that's what I read, and I can read because I went to school.

You mean dmc 5.

82733-why-dont-we-have-both-gif-YF1l.gif

Sami+

Vita games are a waste of money, resources, and potential. Don't limit the game design for the sake of a version six people are going to play.

I say that as someone who owns a Vita.

UrbanRats

Gravity Rush 2 going PS4 exclusive would be one if my biggest gaming-related disappointments, even though I'd like to see it's fantastic world realized on beefier hardware.

I just recently got a Vita, and trying out (FINALLY) the GR demo, i could not disagree more.
Everything i hated about my short time with it was related to it being on a handheld.
Little screen, shitty controls, shitty sticks.

To me handhelds are just not good for complex, 3d games.

Death has become life, no? It was dying on Vita, but will be reborn on PS4, as it should. The IP is too good to not be on PS4.

We'll see if GD2 will actually sell on the PS4, Tearaway also coming to PS4, lets see if actually sells.

Loving the mad shit talk on Vita in this thread, people are pretending to actually believe a Sony handheld game is cutting the PS4 resources lmao Don't know if PS4 owners are too thirsty or people are coming here to shit post the Vita.

because shit posting the Vita on this forum is apparently okay but god forbid anyone shit posts other platforms

Valkyria

Banned
Your salty Vita tears are delicious. Can't wait for GR2 on PS4.

And this crap is what you get when moderation let the trolling flow depending of the platform receving it.

Cool story bro, you really proved yourself a badass. That will teach the people who actually bought the first game...

co1onel

Keiichi Toyama (SCEJ)
- It's been a long time since new information about the new Gravity Daze has surfaced, but people will understand immediately why when they see new footage
Why you gotta get my hopes up like this. How am I supposed to contain the hype and not be disappointed now?

Salex_

Sibling console wars is one of the funniest gaming-related things ever. Does this happen to the Wii U/3DS outside of Smash Bros (this was absolutely hilarious)?

Anyways, I'm excited to see how Gravity Rush 2 improves from the first game. I hope they show the game in the first half of next year.

VLiberty

As I said multiple times, if Gravity Rush 2 is PS4 I'm fine as long as it gets released, but the trolling is embarassing and I'm honestly surprised no one is taking measures.

-Horizon-

Sibling console wars is one of the funniest gaming-related things ever. Does this happen to the Wii U/3DS outside of Smash Bros (this was absolutely hilarious)?

Anyways, I'm excited to see how Gravity Rush 2 improves from the first game. I hope they show the game in the first half of next year.

Pokemon.

Verelios

The feeling of controlling gravity in GR was one of the most exhilarating mechanics for me in gaming. Falling was never as fun again.

That said, new Toukiden or is this the expansion?

The feeling of controlling gravity in GR was one of the most exhilarating mechanics for me in gaming. Falling was never as fun again.

That said, new Toukiden or is this the expansion?

Kiwami is the expansion to Toukiden. That was released in Japan in August. The producer has said that he wants to bring the series to console so that fans can play it on the go and then come home and play it on a console.

Sandfox

I think I remember seeing these interviews before Capcom announced SFV and the Devil May Cry games so lets see what else we get.

dkoy

As I said multiple times, if Gravity Rush 2 is PS4 I'm fine as long as it gets released, but the trolling is embarassing and I'm honestly surprised no one is taking measures.

Totally agree. I don't have a PS4 but I can say, as a Vita owner, that GR2 deserves more attention than the Vita base can afford it. However, the Vita shit posting on this thread is really rather childish and quite sad.

Best case scenario in my opinion is PS4/Vita cross platform no matter what others say about Vita holding it back. Vita GR fans shouldn't get shafted for not having a PS4.

Endo Punk

Gravity Rush making it to PS4 means now I can actually give a damn about the game. Love the art style and characters but don't care for the Vita, Im glad Sony realised an awesome IP like this cannot be kept on a handheld.

Prelude.

Gravity Rush making it to PS4 means now I can actually give a damn about the game. Love the art style and characters but don't care for the Vita, Im glad Sony realised an awesome IP like this cannot be kept on a handheld.
Are you sure you will care about it? It looks like you're more interested in consoles than videogames.

Endo Punk

I share a similar opinion.
Handheld consoles come with inherent restrictions that can be annoying to some people.

Yep. I simply cannot get excited for any game on a handheld even if its from a favourite franchises like MGS, Uncharted etc. Gravity is an IP that is too good to be on a handheld alone.

The same can be said of home consoles. Can we just let people like what they like?

People can like what they like but if they are against the idea of Vita games coming to PS4 then they simply dont want games to succeed, especially AAA games which I assume Gravity Rush 2 will be.

People can like what they like but if they are against the idea of Vita games coming to PS4 then they simply dont want games to succeed, especially AAA games which I assume Gravity Rush 2 will be.

As far as I'm concerned, Sony can bring it to whatever console(s) they want. I'll be a bit disappointed if there's not a Vita version, since I have no plans of getting a PS4 at this point, but it won't be the end of the world. I just wish people wouldn't turn this whole thing into console wars and throw it in people's faces.

Endo Punk

As far as I'm concerned, Sony can bring it to whatever console(s) they want. I'll be a bit disappointed if there's not a Vita version, since I have no plans of getting a PS4 at this point, but it won't be the end of the world. I just wish people wouldn't turn this whole thing into console wars and throw it in people's faces.

Judging by PSX Sony still seems to care about the Vita so I see no reason to believe they will dump the Vita version of Gravity Rush.

dkoy

Yep. I simply cannot get excited for any game on a handheld even if its from a favourite franchises like MGS, Uncharted etc. Gravity is an IP that is too good to be on a handheld alone.

I'm not going to read the thread again so I could be wrong but I think most of the Vita defenders here are more in response to the people saying GR2 should be PS4 exclusive. Granted I'm one of those people so my view might be biased but a lot of people here are implying/ straight out saying GR2 shouldn't be on the Vita which would definitely provoke a response.

Oh my god. Are we finally getting Zettai zetsumei toshi 4? Bumpy trot 2? IS THIS REAL LIFE?
Hmm...maybe? I just wonder if there are going to be platform changes, as ZZT4 stopped developing in a fine-tuning phase for its PS3 release. Buying it en masse could possibly convince Kujo and/or whoever else runs Granzella to grab the Bumpy Trot IP from Irem.

UrbanRats

The same can be said of home consoles. Can we just let people like what they like?

I'm afraid you've got it backwards.
I'm not the one saying:
It looks like you're more interested in consoles than videogames.
to anyone liking the game on handheld.

And yeah, that too, though my main concern is to see the game's potential shine through fully in terms of HW and controls limitations.

wapplew

What are the chance of Sony use Japanese dev title as crown jewel at E3 two years in a row?
Bloodborne this year, Gravity Daze 2 + Level 5 title + TLG next year!

Top Bottom