• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dragon Age Inquisition progress update and screenshots [Up: Additional Screens]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salz01

That forest area is awesome. Everything I've seen from this game I like. I hope they keep up with the character customization and explore able areas.

Ridesh

Banned
1525161_10152061208634367_1259265846_n.jpg

I feel like the armors they've been showing so far are very similar to Fable 1 armors. In fact the cartoonish look of the gameplay video looked like a next-gen Fable title. Only arguably better.

Areas form a huge part of the content in Dragon Age: Inquisition. It is very important to me that the game cover a large variety of locations. Not only does it expand the possibilities of our storytelling, it also gives us an opportunity to show a lot of different things. In a game that places a lot of emphasis on discovery, this is very crucial.

This gets me more excited about the next Mass Effect than Dragon Age, they'll get more distinctive enivorments with different planets than just countries.

Blinck

The off-screen videos that are on youtube look considerably better than this.
In all honesty, these shots are quite disappointing.
Still very curious about the game. I have hopes that bioware has finally waken up.

Hopefully this thinking carries over into Bioware Montreal though...it's a different team after all.

I'm pulling that the fan panel info was spot on about the focus on exploration and discovery for Mass Effect. No sense in running around 15 "uncharted worlds" that all look the same, I imagine they'd want to make each place look pretty distinct to make exploring it worthwhile.

Though I did run around those "same" planets in ME1 much more than I should have... So maybe it's not worth the resources.

Kyoufu

I'm going to buy this game but... I don't expect it to be good. I don't expect any BioWare game post-EA to be good.

Please prove me wrong, DA team.

Kyoufu

No one from the DA2 team is allowed within a thousand yards of this game right? RIGHT?

It's partially their fault but they also had a very short amount of time to work on DA2, so I can't blame them completely, but yeah, they are listening to feedback so maybe they can make a good game again.

Maybe. :(

Perkel

Banned
Looks like TW3 will murder DA3 in therms of graphics. I just hope they have now proper writting for it and actual good story. If it will be barf like DA2...

No one from the DA2 team is allowed within a thousand yards of this game right? RIGHT?

Its not a problem with DA2 team but with bioware itself. You could see that in their output after BG2.

They have gone completely shit in therms of story design.

H3xum

Oh boy I can not waittttttttttt

I know I'll have at least 12 months, tho.

Just let me pull away from those nice looking lands a bit and we'll be straight, EA

kartu

Banned
Wow, nice graphics. Hyped.

PS
What is this supposed to mean?

All of the gameplay systems working together: This means that you can experience the game as it is intended to be experienced, with each feature feeding into another.

I can't get hyped about this.

Something about that engine looks off. I think its the colors. Or the fact that I've seen The Witcher 3 and hated everything about the previous Dragon Age game.

Patryn

Does this have a 2014 release date? This and Witcher 3 in the same year is going to be awesome.

Supposed to be Fall 2014. EA put out a statement that seemed to hint at a possible delay, but subsequent tweets from the team indicate that they're locked onto this year.

Man, I really like this part of the console cycle. The first few years when you can actually expect an end product to look better than the first material you see. Unlike the end of a console cycle where just about anything gets downgraded until release.

Patryn

Honestly if you play Dragon Age 2 as an action adventure game with RPG elements it isn't that bad guys....

Yes. Yes, it is.

The abysmal third act plot and repeating environments are its gravest sins, neither of which really change if you consider it a different genre.

That being said, I own all the DLC for it, and have played through most of it almost twice. It's a 5 to me, if we're using a true 1-10 scale.

Perhaps the current Bioware has me a bit jaded, but from everything I read I can't shake the fact that it's Bioware's Skyrim, three years removed. I know it'll have the quintessential Bioware additions, but I can't shake the feeling that might not be enough.

RoKKeR

Looks really nice, can't wait for the open world RPG's coming out next year, this being one of them.

Hopefully it runs well on consoles.

Derrick01

Banned
Is it wrong that I am more hyped for the Evilore OT

Don't know why, this looks like it has a fairly good chance of being the first decent dragon age game. I doubt we're going to get another ridiculous rush job troll game like DA2, and hopefully it's nowhere near as boring as Origins was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom