• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dragon Age Inquisition progress update and screenshots [Up: Additional Screens]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Wow, nice graphics. Hyped.

PS
What is this supposed to mean?

For example, if you have a dodge roll in, but the blocking system you're going to add isn't working yet, you can't really balance the entire combat system.

Here they have all the core combat elements in so they can balance and refine them within the context of all the systems existing.

Lakitu

st5fu
Everything I've seen and read about this and the Mass Effect rumours have rekindled my faith in Bioware learning from their mistakes. Don't let me down guys. Citadel was a great step in the right direction anyway.

Asd202

Have high hopes for this. New ME may suck though considering the guys behind that awful Omega DLC are behind it.

Simzyy

Wish this or the Witcher 3 was coming out before Summer. Looks like both will come out fairly near each other. Which means so much waiting :(

Those Kickstarter RPGs better be good! Or it is going to be a boring first half of 2014 gaming wise for me.

Regarding companions, I hope Shale & Leliana are back. I know they won't be though...

They still have 6 companions to announce. If no returning favourites I hope they are all new. And nothing like Sebastian.

Patryn

Don't know why, this looks like it has a fairly good chance of being the first decent dragon age game. I doubt we're going to get another ridiculous rush job troll game like DA2, and hopefully it's nowhere near as boring as Origins was.

Derrick, why are you deluding yourself? You're going to hate it. Just accept that and move on.

Timu

1525161_10152061208634367_1259265846_n.jpg
Now I'm interested in this game.=)

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I somehow never got around to playing the first DA. I should totally get on that. This is looking great so far.

Derrick01

Banned
It's Bioware, there's no reason to give them the benefit of the doubt here.

You're right, after how bad ME2, 3, DAO, DA2 and ToR were they have no right to getting the benefit of the doubt. But it's christmas time and I'm all about being
kind of
nice.

hemtae

Everything I've seen and read about this and the Mass Effect rumours have rekindled my faith in Bioware learning from their mistakes. Don't let me down guys. Citadel was a great step in the right direction anyway.

Citadel was the best thing they've made since Knights of the Old Republic imo. Its the one reason why I haven't completely given up on them.

Sothpaw

As long as it controls perfectly with k/m and has the tactical view they promised then this could be as decent game unlike its predecessor.

You're right, after how bad ME2, 3, DAO, DA2 and ToR were they have no right to getting the benefit of the doubt. But it's christmas time and I'm all about being
kind of
nice.

I'm not sure if you're joking but DA2 doesn't belong in the same sentence as those other games.

Darmik

I think this might be the first Dragon Age game I'll play on consoles. I doubt my laptop will match the PS4 version. I'm really looking forward to this one. I thought Dragon Age 2 was a total bore gameplay wise but I appreciated some of the ideas they had with it. Looks like they're taking their time with this one so it should turn out great. I'm still a Bioware fan through and through. I wish we had more games like these. This and The Witcher 3 makes me very excited for next year.

It will be interesting to see how they'll handle the Hawke and Warden characters. Will they have both disappeared never to be seen again?

Zushin

Man, this just reminds me of how good next year is gonna be for games. I'm hyped as fuck for this game, and it's like 7th in line on the hype train haha. Dark Souls 2, Wolfenstein, Pillars of Eternity, Witcher 3, Donkey Kong, MK8 and DA:I :D

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Don't know why, this looks like it has a fairly good chance of being the first decent dragon age game. I doubt we're going to get another ridiculous rush job troll game like DA2, and hopefully it's nowhere near as boring as Origins was.

Hype getting to you, Derrick?

Be vigilant.

Midou

Something seems really off about all the lighting in the trees and grass and such, but I guess it's still 'pre-alpha' which shouldn't even be a term... nothing comes before alpha, nothing comes after omega.

I want to be hyped because I loved DA: O, but after ME2, ME3, and DA2, almost nothing could get me hyped for this. I'll probably get it eventually.

At least between Dark Souls II and Witcher 3, I won't be starved for action RPGs though.

Shaanyboi

Banned
So... I'm still unclear about something.

If I played previous games on 360, but am going to be playing this on PC, will their save transfer thing still work? I wasn't sure if that was within specific console ecosystems like PS3 to PS4 or 360 to XOne...

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?

If I played previous games on 360, but am going to be playing this on PC, will their save transfer thing still work? I wasn't sure if that was within specific console ecosystems like PS3 to PS4 or 360 to XOne...

Either they have something similar to the ME comic, or, at least on PC, they're supposedly going to release a save editor-esque program, where you can manually pick and choose what went down, all the way down to the really small stuff.

Das Ace

They said they'll have some sort of story editor at the start of the game if you want to switch platforms.

Brokun

It's because they aren't emoting. Everyone is just used to them having grumpy face all the time.

Maybe that's what it is. I was thinking the same thing. Their eyes look weird for Qunari. Kind of sad, or empathetic. Where's the primal unbridled contempt?! My Qunari ain't gonna take no guff from noboday!

Game looks great though. Kind of in a "oh god oh god oh god" phase right now. I wants it NOW.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Looks nice, I hope they have proper cloth physics. I want characters to move better in my fantasy games.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
they're really trying to crawl out the shit mountain and make a must buy. Still waiting to see if it delivers, though

Kvik

Graphics-wise, I reckon TW3 with their Red Engine still comes up on top. These new screens are still impressive by the way, maybe I wasn't convinced by Bioware's art style..

It will be interesting to see how they'll handle the Hawke and Warden characters. Will they have both disappeared never to be seen again?
They haven't confirmed yes or no on that yet, thought I'm fairly certain they teased it in the past.

Looks nice, I hope they have proper cloth physics. I want characters to move better in my fantasy games.
If you watch the 30 minute demo here, the character movement looks very fluid and natural. Clothes also seem to bend and move like they normally would as well.

Some Nobody

Another. Hopefully this is the 360/PS3 version...

Bb8wF2PCIAAETWk.jpg:orig

If it is, I'll be very satisfied with the PS4 version.

Anyway, this game is shaping up to be fairly decent so far. I kinda hope The Witcher 3 comes out in the summer. One so it doesn't have to compete with this, but also so that some of these great RPGs are spread out better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom