• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Final Fantasy XV Screenshots

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif
"What ya doing noct?"
"Ah just catching some shade"

HussiZooT

This game is looking so damn good!

I've never played any FF games in my life. Do I need any prior knowledge before getting into this one?

This game is looking so damn good!

I've never played any FF games in my life. Do I need any prior knowledge before getting into this one?
Nope story is contained. Lil call backs like enemies and summons but they all differ lore wise and for story purposes for each game you're good to go.

Dark_castle

Nice catch. One thing I hate open world games is that they are not as open as I expect. Though I don't expect to be able to climb trees in FFXV (damn BotW really raises the bar for open world interaction), swimming is good enough for me.

Forget swimming or climbing trees, Noctis can't even hold onto ledge. Talk about a wasted opportunity to incorporate some environmental interactivity.

Dark_castle

They're already doing a lot as it is.

It's not a big deal to not have it, but it would have been nice. Many major titles have them now, because it makes your character felt like a living person who actually interacts accordingly with the objects around him/her. For a game like FFXV which boasts about having realistic, grounded animations and stuff, this is a weird thing to be absent.

I even remember this feature was present in 2013 as part of the launch trailer, so unless that was pure cutscene, I don't understand why they decided to take it out.

Ketaya

I'm on my phone so maybe I can't tell...but is it just me or does that new gameplay look pretty damn good compared to recent showings?

One of the reasons I think is the fact that they added shadows to the trees in the distance. They don't look as flat and disconnected as before.
That helps a lot, giving the environment more visual depths.

Really hope the adamantoise battle ingame isn't the same as the big ass turtle thing that was also in XIII. That was an incredibly bogus fight if even slightly under leveled IIRC

chozen

Dear lord the Adamantoise. My goodness.

Now let's hope it's actually fun.

Each time they show something my jaw drops..It has legit been a long time since I was excited for a game this much.

You know that feeling when you were younger and got a new game it'd feel like Christmas.
That feeling has been long gone for a while now. 2 Months to restore that feeling.

Each time they show something my jaw drops..It has legit been a long time since I was excited for a game this much.

You know that feeling when you were younger and got a new game it'd feel like Christmas.
That feeling has been long gone for a while now. 2 Months to restore that feeling.

As much as people like to naysay this game I can really respect how much further they're pushing a lot of things as compared to any Final Fantasy before it. The adamantoise is strong proof of that.

Fucking hell, that Adamantoise is gigantic. I have to admit, one of the things that made me fall in love with the FF series were the summons, etc, and to see them and giant creatures on such a huge scale is amazing. It's like how I pictured them when I was a kid, except FFXV does it so much better!

chozen

As much as people like to naysay this game I can really respect how much further they're pushing a lot of things as compared to any Final Fantasy before it. The adamantoise is strong proof of that.

Yeah, this is way more than just ambition in terms of graphics, it's pushing so much tech as well, not just for FF but video games in general. XIII never got this treatment.

Man that looks fun. I already know I'll enjoy this game. The only thing I'm worried about is performance, but it looks pretty good in this footage. And I enjoyed Witcher 3 pre-performance patch soooo. Hopefully a reasonably stable 30 fps, I'm expecting drops during intense battles though.

Go_Ly_Dow

Add to me to 'how the hell do you fight the Adamantoise' camp. That thing is huge.

Going by that pic, it's a contender for the largest creature presented in real-time for any game.

Framerate will drop to single digits lol.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
One of my biggest concerns about this game is that you will fight these giant bosses by just hacking away at their legs. I hope they have come up with something more interesting than that.

Ketaya

Huh, I wonder what that beam is on the right.

po0Qosb.jpg

Good catch! It seems to go into the tower. Maybe these towers actually serve a purpose beyond being warp-points.

Add to me to 'how the hell do you fight the Adamantoise' camp.

That thing is huge.

Yeah, the only remotely damageable looking part here is the eye.

When I first saw this gif on mobile I thought why the fuck isn't the camera zooming out, until I noticed that it already IS zoomed out very far and Noctis is just a small dot. lol

UberTag

One of my biggest concerns about this game is that you will fight these giant bosses by just hacking away at their legs. I hope they have come up with something more interesting than that.
I wish these giant enemies would be more reactive when you're attacking them apart from going through stock animation cycles whether you're doing any damage to them or not. I'm not exactly compelled by giant enemies, either... but then I've never been one for Monster Hunter games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom