• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Final Fantasy XV Screenshots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philippo

Huh, I wonder what that beam is on the right.

po0Qosb.jpg

Good catch! It seems to go into the tower. Maybe these towers actually serve a purpose beyond being warp-points.

There's also one in the Regalia F footage:

Seems like one of those Niflheim bases?

Famassu

LOL
Is always the same 4 people posting on these FFXV threads,
I'm convinced FFXV will only get 5 good reviews :p

Anyhow, I'm seeing PDF links, huge TLDR; post,
this is supposed to be a discussion of the 8 screen shots in the OP right?

If not, can someone help me catch up, what's the latest info anything worth reading to (BTW,FFXV is my most anticipated game of the year)?
Wasn't FFXV chosen as the game critics' best RPG of E3? Seems like a lot of game journalists are pretty happy of what they've played/seen of FFXV. If Xenoblade X can get the reviews it got despite lots of major shortcomings, I'm sure FFXV can do even better as long as they've used these last few months well to finehone everything as much as possible.

Famassu

I wish these giant enemies would be more reactive when you're attacking them apart from going through stock animation cycles whether you're doing any damage to them or not. I'm not exactly compelled by giant enemies, either... but then I've never been one for Monster Hunter games.
Go punch an elephant and see how much they budge or react to a puny human hitting them.
Please don't go hit an elephant

I think I've made this same joke before.

I don't think reactiveness of huge monsters is a must except maybe when hitting a giant monster in the face, "weak spot" or some other part you'd expect to react to the players attacks (i.e. tail) or when something like Titan beats such an enemy, just make them exciting to fight in a way that one can't necessarily just stand in one spot but has to hit different parts of the enemy and put some serious effort into not being hit by the enemy's attacks.

Same. Also, I just want a good story. They've yet to prove themselves in that department with this game. Well Kingsglaive was good, but different teams.
I'm not so afraid for this part, already love the bro-trip vibe, this is just fresh for games, so that's already a big plus in my book. Also really dig the characters, so yes, end of September can't come soon enough

chozen

I wish these giant enemies would be more reactive when you're attacking them apart from going through stock animation cycles whether you're doing any damage to them or not. I'm not exactly compelled by giant enemies, either... but then I've never been one for Monster Hunter games.

FFXV has the breakable body parts as well, so I assume every 10% or something of the adamantiose' health you can break a part off and maybe expose an inner weak spot.

What more can you ask for? This is an open world game, not an action game. This may be one of the most impressive animation heavy RPGs in general, let alone the inclusion of it being open world. It would be an incredible dedication of time to fully animate this single monster thru anything other than scripted cycles

Huh, I wonder what that beam is on the right.

po0Qosb.jpg

When I saw the clip in the other post my thought was that this could be the marker system so you aren't reliant in a compass or map once you have set a location. But looking at them in more detail they seem to be coming from the towers.

Tyaren

Final Fantasy XV was shown at Real-Time Live! yesterday showing the weather an magic effects and some other stuff. Nothing really new, but running on their dev-PCs the game looks really great.

https://www.pathlms.com/siggraph/events/609/video_presentations/31754
(starts at ~21min.)

Wow, the game looks sometimes so impressive, actually the most impressive any video game ever looked to me, that I want to forget the bad image quality and unstable framerate, which the game is probably going to have. It's like Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii. Yeah, textures and IQ was horrible...but the amazing art and vision of it all completely redeemed the shortcomings.

KupoNut

Really hope all of this doesn't need to get downgraded in order to run on consoles and the effects become negligible, some great stuff here.

PC Fantasy XV.

Pretty much. This close to this it doesn't give me much confidence in the performance of their game...Who else does this? Especially for such a big game. A PC version is not announced, so they should actually show more of an accurate representation of the game. Sure I have played both demos, and I have been hoping that they resolve some of the niggles these have.

Tyaren

Pretty much. This close to this it doesn't give me much confidence in the performance of their game...Who else does this? Especially for such a big game. A PC version is not announced, so they should actually show more of an accurate representation of the game. Sure I have played both demos, and I have been hoping that they resolve some of the niggles these have.

While it also annoys me that they still mostly showcase the game on PC, they also showcased the game more than enough on consoles with two home demos, with the Titan Demo on E3 (which looked and performed more than passable) and soon a new demo on Gamescom. Also, the stuff that they presented in this conference had to be presented on a development PC to change the weather on a whim, spawning the garulas etc.

The only thing I would have wished for are some direct feed PS4/Xbone screenshots. I don't know if we ever saw those at all... They are pretty much always taken on PC, aren't they?

artsi

SIGGRAPH is to talk about the engine and tech though, they want to show all the engine can do so they do it with PC's.

But I get what you mean when it comes to consumer shows.

Koozek

bdxRlau.gif

Oh, and now even I think there should be a new thread with every new tech-related footage and the Adamantoise anf aerial combat video. I can't do it, right now, though.

Xliskin

One of my biggest concerns about this game is that you will fight these giant bosses by just hacking away at their legs. I hope they have come up with something more interesting than that.

The giant enemies have multiple spots you can warp at it and attack if I remember correctly

Good, good. Now it just has to play better than platinum demo. It was really not fun to play + input lag.

I don't think it any difference from Platinum Demo in term of gameplay

you may have playing it wrong

muteki

One of my biggest concerns about this game is that you will fight these giant bosses by just hacking away at their legs. I hope they have come up with something more interesting than that.

This is where the summon system could really shine, depending on how it is implemented.

Because while while Noctis and crew clipping Adamantoise's toenails makes little sense, Titan running up and punting him like a football is so much better.

Asd202

I don't think it any difference from Platinum Demo in term of gameplay

you may have playing it wrong

It's not something you would feel by watching the game it more like how the game is played and how unresponsive it was in the Demo at least to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom