• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Final Fantasy XV Screenshots

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
So hyped.XD

Too bad for me though. boyfriend and I are going for a holiday on 2 October for a week. Means I only get to spend 1 or 2 days with the game :( i want to binge it.

benzy

FqWb.png

Ray Down

Banned
Koozek is troling if some didn't know, although Tabata did say story DLC will happen.

Based on what that poster on 4chan said may get
we will get story DLC with Prompto when he's capture.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I hope there are still a lot of indoor areas. So far we've seen a lot of outdoor areas.

sappyday

This talk of clouds reminds me of the Versus days when we got the first in game screenshots and Nomura decided to talk about the clouds.

Styles

Oh right, we still haven't seen how transportation via Trains work. There is still so much we don't know about this game. UGH.

Koozek

Is there/will there be an archive of the talk?

The one from yesterday was archived here (starting from 23:00 min):
https://www.pathlms.com/siggraph/events/609/video_presentations/31748

Though, you could also just read the papers I posted before:

----

Why is there never a new thread for this type of stuff.

There is another talk tomorrow. Maybe if all of them are archived someone can make a thread.

Kindekuma

Banned
There's another presentation tomorrow. I think people are just waiting until everything is out to make one mega thread.

There should be a NeoGAF SIGGRAPH General that covers tech in games. Last year there was a great talk on The Order 1886, Witcher 3, and whatnot. This year there's FFXV, Uncharted 4, and many many others.

Koozek

It's a race between Koozek and Benzy to see who does it first.. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Nah, I'm out. No time for that anymore. Whoever does it can add my post with the links to the papers in the OP, unless they upload the more detailed slides, of course.

Kindekuma

Banned
OK so what is this event? Like GDC? Surely they are not talking about these technology to the gamers right?

This is SIGGRAPH, the worlds largest computer graphics and visual effects conference in the world. Basically companies from all around the world that dabble in visual effects meet there to show off new technology, talk and demonstrate new discoveries, and it's also a huge networking deal as well.

The talks you'll find there are really in the nitty gritty about how these companies and organizations manage to pull of the visuals you see.

Aters

screenshot2016-07-26ayak6a.png

Here's our first image of swimming.

Nice catch. One thing I hate open world games is that they are not as open as I expect. Though I don't expect to be able to climb trees in FFXV (damn BotW really raises the bar for open world interaction), swimming is good enough for me.

This is SIGGRAPH, the worlds largest computer graphics and visual effects conference in the world. Basically companies from all around the world that dabble in visual effects meet there to show off new technology, talk and demonstrate new discoveries, and it's also a huge networking deal as well.

The talks you'll find there are really in the nitty gritty about how these companies and organizations manage to pull of the visuals you see.

Cool. Just had a basic graphic class, gotta watch the stream before I forget everything.

edit: they are talking about AI and navigation. So it's not just graphic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom