• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New inFamous: Second Son screenshots

Jonboy

Looked bad?
Played bad?

The fuck...
I find no record of anyone at all who has actually played the game and thought it looked or played bad.

Seriously...if anyone has one, post it. Because all the impressions I've seen and read speak to how gorgeous the game looks in motion.

JerC

ROFL. I'd love to know what resolution that was captured at. Do they think they're fooling anyone with the IQ they're trying to pass off in these screenshots?

There is still a lot of aliasing on the bridge so the resolution can't be too high.

AzerPhire

Man the graphics in this game are so mixed. For everything that looks amazing there is always something else in the shot that looks out of place or just plain bad.

Game world also seems really empty, there are hardly any pedestrians or cars.

spwolf

I'm surprised you guys are so surprised that the screens are bad. Did you see that leaked gameplay demo a few weeks ago? It looked pretty bad and seemed like it played just as bad. I feel like this game is going to be fool's gold.

lol, this is the game that had all the previews telling us how great it is.... same people who said that Knack/KZ are boring, said how Infamous was amazing - both amazing looking and amazing playing.

but hey, dont let that stop you.

Absinthe

1385403377-4.jpg

Loving the draw distance and dof in this shot

How much you wanna bet it won't look like that at launch? Downgrading seems to happen more and more these days

The use of colour is very nice though

Stop being a Debbie Downer Derrick.

When pigs fly. It makes you wonder why he even plays games. AAA, indie, Platinum, Nintendo, he hates everyhing it seems. It's the same broken record in every damn thread.

He must have also played a completely different inFamous 2 than I did, because I was constantly mixing up attacks and zipping along the city in cool ways. There was little wrong with the gameplay. I wonder what kind of gameplay he expects from a next-gen inFamous really.

Zen

Banned
So far the game does look a little bit like 'just' Infamous running on better hardware. I had been expecting a lot more pedestrians and something that the extra power did to really change the gameplay, but it's hard to complain when it's Infamous and the games were already a lot of fun.

How much you wanna bet it won't look like that at launch? Downgrading seems to happen more and more these days

The use of colour is very nice though

We haven't seen (virtually) any downgrading from Sony first party.

ButchCat

In the other infamous games the majority of time you were using that basic electric bolt that made it seem like a really poor 3rd person shooter too. That was by far the most common and "default" move. Everything else used too much power to use more than once or twice at a time.

What's worrying is they seem to have not changed that and are relying on the poor gameplay from the other 2 games for this. I expect a lot more gameplay differences on a new console.
It's what bored me in the first two games.

I feel like I'm beyond the point of being impressed by a nice facelift of older systems. Next gen should be about introducing new systems more than pretty graphics.

I didn't like the previous Infamous games because I felt the PS3's capabilities were holding it back. It didn't look good at all, it was a mess and an eyesore. But the PS4 can hopefully finally realize its full potential. I am excited. Looking forward to the great lighting, espcially coming from his powers.

Zen

Banned
They're 4K screenshots.

Expect aliasing (in the very least) in the final product....

That's not the same thing. The AA might be bullshotted, but that's from downsampling to the lower resolution screens. It's meaningless to how the game is actually running and at what settings. Are you saying that draw distance will be effected? Precision of effects will be noticeably worse, or that poly/textures will take a noticeable hit? The ONLY case of that from Sony first party so far is that there are less active lights during the flight scene in Shadowfall when compared to how it was originally revealed, and they changed the lighting. Sure the trees look like ass, but they changed them to more expensive 3D models for the final game, they just happen to look worse.

When pigs fly. It makes you wonder why he even plays games. AAA, indie, Platinum, Nintendo, he hates everyhing it seems. It's the same broken record in every damn thread.

He must have also played a completely different inFamous 2 than I did, because I was constantly mixing up attacks and zipping along the city in cool ways. There was little wrong with the gameplay. I wonder what kind of gameplay he expects from a next-gen inFamous really.

Derrick01

Banned
lol, this is the game that had all the previews telling us how great it is.... same people who said that Knack/KZ are boring, said how Infamous was amazing - both amazing looking and amazing playing.

but hey, dont let that stop you.

Why would you take previews/reviews seriously no matter what side they take?

That's not the same thing. The AA might be bullshotted, but that's from downsampling to the lower resolution screens. It's meaningless to how the game is actually running and at what settings. Are you saying that draw distance will be effected? Precision of effects will be noticeably worse, or that poly/textures will take a noticeable hit? The ONLY case of that from Sony first party so far is that there are less active lights during the flight scene in Shadowfall when compared to how it was originally revealed, and they changed the lighting. Sure the trees look like ass, but they changed them to more expensive 3D models for the final game, they just happen to look worse.

Then why not show it off at its native res instead of having to bullshot it?

dreamfall

The game is so beautiful.

I just hope we can change his outfit! Loved the first two titles, and I honestly think Festival of Blood was one of the best DLC chapters of this gen. The games are fun!

Here's hoping Seattle is a ton of fun to explore!

Derrick01

Banned
Why would anyone take the opinions of a person who hasn't even played the games seriously no matter what side they take?

I'm not asking anyone to take my side now. Just keep in mind what I said here when the backlash eventually hits after the game comes out. I really hope for the game's sake that it looks and runs as well as it was advertised because that's what most people are focusing on with this game.

I'm not asking anyone to take my side now. Just keep in mind what I said here when the backlash eventually hits after the game comes out. I really hope for the game's sake that it looks and runs as well as it was advertised because that's what most people are focusing on with this game.

Baseless assumptions, trolling, etc? Yeah I'll keep that in mind no matter what turn this game takes, because your efforts will be the same.

shandy706

Why would you take previews/reviews seriously no matter what side they take?

Yeah, taking a review at its word is quite often not the best idea. Always at least rent or Gamefly a game if you're interested, but heard it was bad.

My wife surprised me with a copy of Ryse for my birthday, a game I had no intention of buying anytime soon.

Turns out it is absolutely gorgeous (duh), and playing it through on the harder settings....I'm honestly enjoying the game. So sue me anyone that thinks the reviews are at all the way to go with any game. Always best to try and form your own opinion...enjoyment can come from many things...even the little things in certain games.

I do feel you're sort of contradicting yourself though Derrick...you're calling out a game as being "fools gold" before any of us even play it.

I think most here will base their excitement for this game off previous games in the series, which many here found to be great, including myself. Positive impressions from the majority here from gameplay we've seen so far is telling of people's feelings on it, so I think we'll go with that line of thinking from here on out for now.

I think most here will base their excitement for this game off previous games in the series, which many here found to be great, including myself. Positive impressions from the majority here from gameplay we've seen so far is telling of people's feelings on it, so I think we'll go with that line of thinking from here on out for now.

Shinobi, don't you know? There's no room for any opinion other than Derrick's.

Top Bottom