• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New inFamous: Second Son screenshots

I need it to play better than inFAMOUS 2. Sucker Punch should be ashamed of themselves for releasing inFAMOUS 2 in the shape that it was in , especially the 2nd portion of the city. Framerate dropped into the teens and stayed there a lot of the time. Festival of Blood's framerate was terrible a lot of the time too, but it wasn't nearly as bad as the full game, which is probably why they completely jettisoned the 2nd half of the city for FoB.
I honestly didn't notice haha.

Just a general heads-up: discussing other users rather than the game that a given thread's about is frowned upon.

SS looks really similar to 2, warts and all. People can like or dislike that depending on their tastes.

Keihart

May as well try, no one else has been able to yet.

My god Derrick01 your like the Grinch, it's like everywhere you post you are read bitter and angry. Do you have any fun with games anymore? are you just acting? seriously it's like , "Hey everybody, i got news, this it's not really fun , you have all been deceive..."

I can't stand Ass creeds gameplay and although i love Batman i don't like Arkham games at all, but also i don't go in threads about them to shit on their parades you know...

B.O.O.M

So far we haven't seen a ton of interesting powers, hopefully the others are more impactful than Neon.

I feel the exact opposite. Both smoke and neon just surprised me and both seems to have a great impact on the gameplay making it diverse and fun. So I want them to stay away from elements for the other powers also and bring more unique powers like these two

BigDug13

Tilting the camera up so that you could only see cole + the sky or facing the edge of the map brought the game to, like, 60 FPS. It was really jarring.

That sounds more like a problem of having an unlocked framerate. If it was locked 30, then the change to 15 in some places wouldn't have felt as jarring.

I still had a blast with inFamous 2, but it definitely did have technical problems, as the PS3 had with nearly all open world games. Its hardware design was just not conducive to open world. Bethesda couldn't even get Skyrim working right. People talked shit on Bethesda and rightfully so, but Sony did them no favors by making their shit so complicated.

I'm glad they've worked so hard to make a system so developer friendly this time. Developers don't want to work for months just to get their engine working on a specific console.

boeso

excellent.jpg

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Dont get it, you seem to genuinely not enjoy gaming full stop from the negativity in most of your posts. No troll, how come you are on a gaming forum? the jaded outlook saddens me and I want to help :(

If I was that disenchanted with a hobby/form of entertainment, I'd just drop it all together. I stopped watching network television for a very, very long time because I felt the quality was shit. Only recently, with some excellent shows popping up across various channels have I gotten back into TV.

The premium channel shows like Game of Thrones and Mad Men have also played a part in my return to television. I'm now currently not watching many movies in theaters compared to how I used to for the same reasons; just not drawn to see certain films in the theaters, especially at the prices they are asking.

If I was that disappointed in video games like Derrick appears to be, I'd just take a nice, long break, and come back later, when something that meets my standards shows up.

Considering how many quality games are released from the various publishers/developers, I find it hard to be so jaded and disappointed all the time. It seems like it would take a lot of energy that could be better applied towards something that actually makes you happy. Unless being a miserable killjoy makes you happy. If that's the case, please continue, but don't be surprised when many people that still enjoy the hobby known as video gaming don't agree with such a pessimistic viewpoint.

I've been gaming since the 80's, and through all of its ups and downs, I am just as in love with gaming now, as I was then, maybe even moreso, now that I can actually afford to buy games (back when I was young, we were pretty poor, and couldn't afford many games, so I pretty much only played one or two games a year, and borrowed others from friends when they were done with them). Seeing how far gaming has become, and seeing games like inFAMOUS: Second Son, and what they are doing technically, still blows me away.

While the quality of inFAMOUS is subjective, I personally loved both games, as well as Festival of Blood, and I'm frothing at the mouth for Second Son, and not just because of the pretty visuals, but because this is a new inFAMOUS, and I love the series.

antitrop

Dont get it, you seem to genuinely not enjoy gaming full stop from the negativity in most of your posts. No troll, how come you are on a gaming forum? the jaded outlook saddens me and I want to help :(

we can build him, we have the technology

tumblr_m4se1yHQIV1rwjkcro1_250.gif

we will implant his brain with endless open areas, hardcore stealth mechanics and dialogue trees

tumblr_m4se1yHQIV1rwjkcro2_250.gif

he will have 0 tolerance for any narrow corridor, objective marker, or hand-holding mechanic

tumblr_m4se1yHQIV1rwjkcro3_250.gif

his mission: to hunt down the scum who populate the earth thriving on the new gaming generation, who dare to play games that require less skill and have easy, reachable endings and that, dare we say it.. actually HAVE FUN playing these new, more streamlined videogames. Because.. FUCK FUN

tumblr_m4se1yHQIV1rwjkcro4_250.gif

the Derrick01

.. what have we done

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Show me more interesting enemies please.

It's very possible that they are keeping the other enemies under wraps.

I remember them revealing the vast majority of inFAMOUS 2's enemy types before the game released. To the point where they weren't nearly as impressive because you were expecting them. i2 had some really good enemy variety. I can't see Sucker Punch regressing on that in inFAMOUS: Second Son. I think we already saw some enemies that use earth powers to jump around and attack Delsin.

Firstly I think the screenshots look like bad screenshots. Nothing more. They did a bad batch last time too. This is still THE game I am jazzed about. I can't wait, and some of the shots look downright awesome.

And secondly, I like Derrick and his opinions. He's fine liking what he likes - or disliking what he dislikes. People are acting like they never express a negative opinion on something - we all do.

This guy is just very particular about what he likes.

If it bothers you that much put him on ignore, but it's not like he's from GameFAQS, you'd be ignoring him because you disagree, not because he's an idiot.

Neogaf isn't letting me view the images correctly. I have to hold my click on them to make them full-size, but while I am holding the click down I can't scroll to see the other parts of the picture. Anyone else having this problem?

eso76

Game has amazing micro detail, but the whole picture..I don't know, I saw a few gameplay vids and stuff in the distance seemed so low poly and weird in comparison, which i guess is why we're mostly getting closeup pics of the characters and locations and absolutely no large open vistas. I think they need to find a better balance, in a game like infamous I think you'll be seeing open landscapes a lot more often than closeups on the characters.

Grinchy

Banned
I'm going to just assume everything I've seen about this game so far is bullshots. If it looks this amazing when it comes out, it'll be a great surprise. If it doesn't, I won't be let down.

viveks86

Neogaf isn't letting me view the images correctly. I have to hold my click on them to make them full-size, but while I am holding the click down I can't scroll to see the other parts of the picture. Anyone else having this problem?

Happens to me too. Best is to right click and open the image in a new tab.

Yep, I have that issue. I'm in Chrome.

I'm going to just assume everything I've seen about this game so far is bullshots. If it looks this amazing when it comes out, it'll be a great surprise. If it doesn't, I won't be let down.
Gameplay already looks this good, so I don't think I'll be let down.

I'm using Chrome and that happens to me. But it seems as if it only does that if the page is not completely loaded.

Once the page has completely loaded I can click on the image once and it will stay full-size.

Top Bottom