• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New inFamous: Second Son screenshots

I'm surprised you guys are so surprised that the screens are bad. Did you see that leaked gameplay demo a few weeks ago? It looked pretty bad and seemed like it played just as bad. I feel like this game is going to be fool's gold.

Looked bad?
Played bad?

The fuck...

Dukey

Banned
I doubt it. Infamous 1/2 was so good (I know you like Prototype) but they were ugly now it's PS4 they need to make it look and run better and keep the their gameplay going.

I didn't think they were ugly at all. They were just boring after a couple of hours. Festival of Blood was the perfect length for an inFAMOUS game.

Derrick01

Banned
Um, that unofficial demo video was played by an amateur who spammed the same attack the whole demo.

In the other infamous games the majority of time you were using that basic electric bolt that made it seem like a really poor 3rd person shooter too. That was by far the most common and "default" move. Everything else used too much power to use more than once or twice at a time.

What's worrying is they seem to have not changed that and are relying on the poor gameplay from the other 2 games for this. I expect a lot more gameplay differences on a new console.

Endless

1385403257-1.jpg

1385403266-2.jpg

1385403384-3.jpg

1385403377-4.jpg

1385403387-5.jpg

1385403378-6.jpg

1385403391-7.jpg

1385403393-8.jpg

1385403394-9.jpg

Majestad

Banned
I'm not sure if I should get excited about this game. Visually it looks awesome, but I thought the past Infamous games were horrible.

VanWinkle

I'm surprised you guys are so surprised that the screens are bad. Did you see that leaked gameplay demo a few weeks ago? It looked pretty bad and seemed like it played just as bad. I feel like this game is going to be fool's gold.

Hahahahaha

ahahaha

Only one shot is bad. The gameplay was b-roll and wasn't meant to be shown like that. Didn't have music or proper sound and was just a little 5 minute segment.

Stahp! First off the guy playing it wasn't very good. Second, uncut gameplay always runs the risk of looking boring to a viewer especially if the player is not good. Third, look at this unedited gameplay from E3 for a better example of how the game can be played and how it looks, now imagine it looking even better with about 9 months of extra polish, and the ability to switch between multiple powers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uibnf_Q_51s

Levyne

Banned
Thanks for the better grabs, endless!

I am less hyped for this than I was before that same demo Derrick is referencing, but it's still my one of my most anticipated games for 2014.

daveo42

Banned

Stop being a Debbie Downer Derrick. I want this game to be good. :/

Zen

Banned
Seems like it's using the ShadowFall reflections thing.

It looked very similar to past Infamous games which weren't bad.

Derrick01

Banned
Stahp! First off the guy playing it wasn't very good. Second, uncut gameplay always runs the risk of looking boring to a viewer especially if the player is not good. Third, look at this unedited gameplay from E3 for a better example of how the game can be played and how it looks, now imagine it looking even better with about 9 months of extra polish, and the ability to switch between multiple powers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uibnf_Q_51s

I saw the E3 demo back in June and I was impressed with how it looked and how smooth it was, but nothing about the actual gameplay was all that impressive. However back then I passed it off as just a quick look and we'd see more as time went on. Well time did go on and we're now a few months from launch and I've seen nothing to suggest this won't be anything other than just another infamous game. I'm predicting this game is going to have a serious backlash once people figure out it's just graphics/tech that got all that hype.

Hexa

Much better. Thanks!

If this game is as fun as the previous two (haven't played FoB) and it looks this great this'll be the PS4s heavy hitter system seller for a while it seems.

Zen

Banned
I saw the E3 demo back in June and I was impressed with how it looked and how smooth it was, but nothing about the actual gameplay was all that impressive. However back then I passed it off as just a quick look and we'd see more as time went on. Well time did go on and we're now a few months from launch and I've seen nothing to suggest this won't be anything other than just another infamous game. I'm predicting this game is going to have a serious backlash once people figure out it's just graphics/tech that got all that hype.

You may just not like Infamous games....

from other thread

so yeah.

Ah bad taste confirmed. Opinion discarded.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

from other thread
Prototype 1 was way more fun than Infamous 1 and Crackdown when it came out.

so yeah.

I agree that it don't look that good but the gameplay? yeah no. Prototype fans should wait for other games I guess this series is just not for them.

In the other infamous games the majority of time you were using that basic electric bolt that made it seem like a really poor 3rd person shooter too. That was by far the most common and "default" move. Everything else used too much power to use more than once or twice at a time.

What's worrying is they seem to have not changed that and are relying on the poor gameplay from the other 2 games for this. I expect a lot more gameplay differences on a new console.

That's not even remotely accurate. You can throw multiple electric grenades on one electric charge. Not one or two.

Same with sniping. Same with a lot of other moves. WTF not one or two.

ViciousDS

Banned

Well then I hope you aren't excited for titanfall, destiny, or racing games

but bygolly they all shoot the same and use cars the same............

Well let's not pass off "just another Infamous game", which is what people love, as fool's gold then. Infamous on PS4 is what we are getting even by your own words, and that is awesome.

Edit: oh my, am I on the same side of an argument as Toto-Tearaway is a N64 game-beni?

I'm not sure if I should get excited about this game. Visually it looks awesome, but I thought the past Infamous games were horrible.

Yeah I've played the entire series and I feel the previous games are pretty mediocre. It's an awesome concept though so I keep buying them hoping that they'll make a good game eventually.

Luthos

As much as I loved the first two Infamous games, and am still looking forward to Second Son...

I'm getting worried that the powers are gonna be too same-y. I mean sure you can run fast when you use neon, and can teleport with smoke, but you still have the same hover hands, you still use the same R1 shot. I was already disappointed that the smoke powers looked so much like Cole's electric powers. But it seems the same even with neon. Same moves, different skin.

Derrick01

Banned
from other thread

so yeah.

I stand by that 100%. Prototype 1 was not a great game but it was way more fun to play and travel around the city than Infamous 1. The latter looked poor, ran just as bad and you traveled so slow since you had to climb everything step by step and most of the normal gameplay was just a 3rd person shooter disguised as an open world superhero game.

ViciousDS said:
Well then I hope you aren't excited for titanfall, destiny, or racing games

I'm not.

Zen

Banned
He's posting like there haven't been two Infamous games already that a lot of people have greatly enjoyed.

"Oh yeah" there will be this huge backlash when people realize that this will be just another Infamous game because those games sucks!

What? The other games didn't have a backlash, and all did very well (better than Prototype which was across 2 and then 3 platforms) and were received well critically.

Can you elaborate a little bit more please ? How was it bad.

Thank you

Yours, Amjad

Gestault

The way they're tailoring different particle effects to represent the different powers is looking great. The lighting alongside them is downright slick. Any chance of multi-player open world frolicking?

JerC

I stand by that 100%. Prototype 1 was not a great game but it was way more fun to play and travel around the city than Infamous 1. The latter looked poor, ran just as bad and you traveled so slow since you had to climb everything step by step and most of the normal gameplay was just a 3rd person shooter disguised as an open world superhero game.

So opinions can be wrong. Prototype was just terrible. Played it maxed on pc. It looked terrible and the gameplay was terrible.

Also I was wondering wtf was going on in the first page and why everyone thought the game looked worse than before. Only realized I was looking at different shots once I got to the second page.

Levyne

Banned
What the hell happened to Sucker Punch?

How did they leveled up their graphics skills so fast?

I know. It's impressive but I recently played Festival of Blood and was disappointed at all the frame rate dips. I hope it's rock solid here. Would hate for the game to look so nice only to chug during the more hectic moments.

Derrick01 you so crazy.

Game looks amazing and if it plays as well as Infamous 2/Festival of Blood I will have zero complaints.

Gestault

Can you elaborate a little bit more please ? How was it bad.

Thank you

Yours, Amjad

They probably see the mix of normal amounts of aliasing alongside the image compression and assume it'll be like that in motion. These looks pretty darned good, as far as I'm concerned. The early promo shots with downsampled gameplay poses may have messed with people's expectations.

VanWinkle

ROFL. I'd love to know what resolution that was captured at. Do they think they're fooling anyone with the IQ they're trying to pass off in these screenshots?

They're probably just doing with practically every other game on earth is doing. Not that I like it, but it's not remotely unexpected.

Top Bottom