• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Japanese trademarks from Sega (Shenmue), Sony, Square Enix and more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I as well? ;__;

Any more room on the train?

One ticket to paradise, please!

Jump on guys. Still plenty of room! No one gets left behind. CHOOO!

dRlzsMC.jpg

Let's add some more hype into the train. Just in case anyone missed this from a few weeks ago:

EG: Shenmue 3 "as close to being announced as it has ever been over the past decade."

A few weeks ago I got to witness one of those grand moments myself. It wasn't anyway near as dramatic, and I'm pleased to report not quite as messy. Tucked into a quiet meeting room in San Francisco's Moscone Centre, I was given a small private audience with Yu Suzuki, the visionary producer who made his name with arcade classics such as HangOn and OutRun before cementing his status with Dreamcast adventure Shenmue.

It was a slightly odd sensation to learn, through Suzuki's comments, that Shenmue 3 is more than just a dream. Suzuki said more than I'm able to fully disclose, unfortunately, but it became clear it's as close to being announced as it has ever been over the past decade. So why wasn't I, someone who's a bigger fan of Shenmue than most, overjoyed at the realisation, and why did I walk away feeling dejected, and more than a little depressed?

Spaghetti

If it doesn't happen this time, it will never happen.
i'm inclined to say that's bullshit but...

there's ample pressure on both microsoft and sony to make it happen, we're probably in the best position for someone to pull the trigger on shenmue 3 than we have been for over a decade

SephiZack

I think it would look cooler without all those avatar's backgrounds (like the initial Project Beast hype train)

That being said, I'd like to join you guys on this ride

charsace

Add me to the Shenmue hype train. One of the best games of all time and only a few games get close to it in regards to immersion. Sega discovered the secret to sucking a player into a gaming world over a decade ago with this series.

I think it would look cooler without all those avatar's backgrounds (like the initial Project Beast hype train)

It was initially a rush job since I honestly didn't think the train would end up getting this much attention. o__O

Any room for me?

Always hyped for anything Sega! Even if it doesn't get localized, I'll even import it if I have to!

Of course.....just wait for a handful of more requests and then you’ll be added on with the next lot.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Choo motherfuckin' CHOO! All aboard the Hypetrain! Can I have a ticket please? :)

I need me some sweet Shenmue 1 & 2 HD Remake goodness on PS3 or PS4.

Tmecha

Neo Member
Anymore room on the Shenmue Hype Train? Add me please.

Don't care what system it comes on ill be there day one!!!

nib95

Banned
If either of these platforms gets Shenmue as an exclusive pick up...

I'm sorry EviLore, doesn't matter if backend has been stepped up by some Facebook genius, this shit is getting wiped out like Isengard at the stumps of the Ents!

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
I have been riding these rails for over a decade, looking for other lost souls, kittens, and most importantly, sailors. This hype train stops for no one and nothing, except to catch leaves, stack dusty books, collect capsule toys, play Hang-On, drive forklifts, and drink delicious Sapporo. Nothing ELSE!!

I built the motherfucking Shenmue Hype Train and it ain't stopping.

So, are we truly expecting Shenmue to make some sort of appearance at this E3? I feel like every time we get really positive Shenmue news it’s about this time that our hopes are killed for the millionth time, but this time it’s different.

The fact that the trademark isn’t a renewal is pretty promising. I’m not expecting Shenmue III (yet) but I think Shenmue I and II HD is a really possibility. Could it be announced as a Japanese exclusive?
MA GOD I’M KINDA HYPED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom