• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Metal Gear Solid V previews coming 6/9 (no story info though)

LMAO. Did they photoshop kojima in the pic?

Definitely shopped into the picture. That's a new one.

izXU4yT.png

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
I have a question.

When you fought Fatman's father on the wing of the Boeing 747 in Mission 14 did you cry?

All while Aerosmith's "I Don't Want To Miss a Thing" played in the background.
Had to shut off the game console right there, my heart couldn't take it anymore.

Kazuhira

Sptember 1st can't come soon enough, a new MGS release is one of the best gaming events

PC version here,i have to wait 2 more weeks after the console version release :(
Maybe i should just double dip with the PS4 version first,it sounds like a waste of money though.

Just to be clear: I will read through all of this later and answer questions. Right now I'll try to brave my way through as much content as I can in my limited time, haha.

Thanks for this :D

Questions:
Are the numbered 'episodes'/main missions all given out linearly or do you sometimes get a choice of which to do first? It was a bit unclear from Kojima's descriptions in the past if the freedom was all inside an episode or included the episode order too.

Mission areas/boundaries: "'warning: you are about to leave the mission area" Did you come across these, and how does free roam mode work if you had access to that?

GZ differences: Not sure if you've played Ground Zeroes but did anything seem changed/upgraded from the general gameplay in that? (not including new gadgets and support options)

OldLogos

Banned
Brazil, one technical question: Has the awkward animation where Big Boss stands up in mid air when you try to dive off of a raised surface onto something lower been fixed?

That was my biggest pet peeve with GZ.

Boke1879

So the embargo ends just before E3. Does anyone think with the embargo lifted we get a trailer that same day or do they wait until E3 and present it at the Sony conference?

Rajang

PC version here,i have to wait 2 more weeks after the console version release :(
Maybe i should just double dip with the PS4 version first,it sounds like a waste of money though.

I wouldn't buy a console just because you can play one game 2 weeks earlier.

If there is nothing else on that system you're interested in, don't buy it.

Oh man, oh man, oh man.

What a fucking tease this is. Journos can talk about how great everything is, but most information in embargoed for another month. Lol. I will cryosleep in The Witcher universe, brb.

Jawmuncher

So the embargo ends just before E3. Does anyone think with the embargo lifted we get a trailer that same day or do they wait until E3 and present it at the Sony conference?

They're going to save the trailer for E3. Unless whoever is presenting it for some reason doesn't want MGS in their conference.

Venom Fox

Banned
Can you tell us whether there are more maps then Africa and Afghanistan?
You don't have to be specific, just whether or not there are more.

Also please can I ask how long the Cyprus hospital prologue is at the start and does that area feature again after leaving?

Elios83

I guess that all the marketing from now until release will be handled by Konami and Kojima won't take part in it in any way?

Furyous

What can you tell us about Mother Base customizations? Feel free to provide as much detail as possible without spoiling the story.

Did you encounter Diamond Dog?

Is it possible to have an effect on bases similar to MGS3? In MGS 3 you could blow up pantries and weapon caches to cause soldiers difficulty. Is this possible in MGSV? Is it possible to turn off the lights in the area you're in permanently?

I am looking forward to playing it when it comes out! I enjoyed Ground Zeros, in particular how they have modernized the controls and gameplay.

P.S. I thinking the OT should be named HIDEO KOJIMA'S Metal Gear Solid V

Lakitu

st5fu
Also, wanted to ask, are there disguises in the game? I mean, can you use an enemy disguise and infiltrate an enemy camp for instance? Also interested in various types of suits and camos.

Question: Are you able to go inside Mother Base's interior or is it just outside like in previews so far?

Edit:

Another question: Because the main menu is dynamic, what does the menu look like before you actually started the game for the first time? Before you've progressed in the campaign where Big Boss has a chopper or cyborg arm etc. Hopefully that doesn't constitute a story spoiler.

Top Bottom