• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokémon Revealed- Salandit

Junichi Masuda just revealed a new Pokémon at Japan Expo- Salandit, the Toxic Lizard Pokémon.

CmwlZryXgAAuCl0.jpg

Type: Poison/Fire
Height: 2'00"
Weight: 10.6 lbs
Ability: Corrosion- Allows poisoning of all Pokémon, including Poison and Steel types.

Salandit emits toxic gas, together with flames, from the base of its tail. This poisonous gas has a sweet smell, and anyone who unknowingly breathes it in will become dizzy. Salandit is not a very powerful Pokémon, but its cunning nature allows it to battle fiercely by throwing its opponents off balance. Salandit females not only release toxic gases, they can also emit pheromones that attract males of all species, including Pokémon and humans. Inhaling these pheromones may cause opponents to be controlled by Salandit’s will.

Trailer.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So Corrosion ignores poison immunity, including Abilities I reckon. But what about Poison heal?

L.O.R.D

Well
I can see it will be very popular in the competitive scene.
and will cause a lot of troubles in the game with the evil guys.

Ydelnae

It's not a great design, but it's not bad neither. It seems like it has potential to evolve into a pretty interesting Pokemon though. Gimme Charizard X + Helioptile and he has a place in my team.

I love him. Definitely going on my team. I guess this means I'm Team Rowlet. I guess Littens chances of Posion typing are slim now.

I seem to have a love/hate relationship pattern with new Pokémon every generation. I liked a lot of Gen II's additions, but didn't like a lot of Gen III. I loved a lot of Gen IV, but am hard pressed to find any I liked in Gen V. I was all about the new Pokémon in Gen VI, but I haven't at all been about what we have seen so far of Gen VII.

I wonder why this is.

I seem to have a love/hate relationship pattern with new Pokémon every generation. I liked a lot of Gen II's additions, but didn't like a lot of Gen III. I loved a lot of Gen IV, but am hard pressed to find any I liked in Gen V. I was all about the new Pokémon in Gen VI, but I haven't at all been about what we have seen so far of Gen VII.

I wonder why this is.
I feel maybe this gen3 an 7 are both taking similar inspirations of "exotic" creatures. I love it, personally. But then again I love each generations Pokemon.

Nere

Interesting type combination but it is ugly as fuck. Those new pokemon are getting worse and worse.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

I wonder why this is.
Dude gen V had 150, there's gotta be some you like.

I feel maybe this gen3 an 7 are both taking similar inspirations of "exotic" creatures. I love it, personally. But then again I love each generations Pokemon.
It kinda feels like Sun/Moon are Hoenn 2, what with the exotic creatures and the islands for a region.

I think you're right. There seems to be a more experimental design direction in III, V, and now VII. Maybe that's what puts me off - the exotic designs always seem so bizarre.

But, honestly, all Pokémon end up settling comfortably into the pantheon. Once the sense of newness wears off, and everybody is all mixed up together, they're just Pokémon. No need to draw lines in the sand, you know?

I'll come around like I always do. Like almost everybody else does, too.

Dude gen V had 150, there's gotta be some you like.

Well, of course, there are always some! I just mean generally speaking.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I... really like that design. It just has that smug shit-eating look to it, like "you know I'm gonna fuck your shit up and you can't do anything about it". At first glance, I wasn't sure, but it has grown on me incredibly quickly.

Top Bottom