• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Super Luigi U Official Overview Trailer (JP)

ajim

Never finished Super Mario Bros. U (too boring and samey), so, definitely won't be getting this.

Looks nice tho...

Chairhome

Man, I'm hyped for this. NSMBU was great, way better than NSMB2. Can't believe all you guys are so down on this, this looks so fun.

Btw, guys how do you feel about the price?

With the exception of Alan Wake and Dark Souls, i haven't bought any other DLC, so i am curious what do you think about it?

15 Euro was my prediction, but for extra 5 Euro, well...I wouldn't like to disappoint Luigi!

Looks to be tougher, ever so slightly more interesting visually and has the Penguin suit as part of the main game and not as an optional post game item, yeah this may very well top the main game quite handily.
Unless that Luigi traction keeps killing me.

Also: yay @ item-changing play icon ^^
I had entirely too much fun with this.

Nabbit confirmed smash character
Poor Toad just ain't getting his big break.

Will the toads also have luigi physics in multiplayer?
This is going to look crazy given the height of toads vs the Luigi jump.

Will we never see Toad physics again (super-fast bow low jump)?

on amazon uk they wanted 36 euro for a psychial copy
Amazon placeholder as need to wait for wholeseller prices.

Here is my prediction of prices (based on US prices and typical 1:1:1.1 conversion):
eShop DLC 20 Euros £17.99
Retail 30 Euros (shouldn't be higher than) £26.99

Roo

but if its 29 pounds on amazon uk

its also 29 dollars on amazon usa

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CQ7CIMS/?tag=neogaf0e-20

ill bite when the psychial copy is 25 pounds (30euro)

that dont make no sence , does it ?

Apparently the physical copy is a limited edition thing so I suggest you to get it at full price now if you don't want to pay twice its current price down the road.

It'll become a collector item someday so it can definitely turn into a Metroid Prime Trilogy case.

espher

Debating buying retail copy and keeping sealed hoping for a DLC sale, or just buying DLC, or buying retail and cracking it open.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I'm seriously conflicted on whether or not I should break my digital only policy to get at that gorgeous box

Where's my Year of Luigi Green Wii U re-launch limited edition premium console?

Oh man, I would buy the everloving shit out of that. Bonus points for random Luigi phrases upon startup.

Btw, guys how do you feel about the price?

With the exception of Alan Wake and Dark Souls, i haven't bought any other DLC, so i am curious what do you think about it?

This seems to be about on the same level of quality and robustness as the Dark Souls DLC

How can you buy this? Seriously, it's just ANOTHER New Super Mario Bros with the same backgrounds, music, physics, ideas and horrible graphic design. And we already have four of that. The first one was fun, and the second one had a point with the multiplayer. But I don't think playing (and paying for) a 2D Mario is funny anymore, it has become awfully repetitive. If we keep buying this crap we will never get a good 2D Mario again, because in Nintendo they will think we are okay with this. And we are not, Mario deserves titles as great as Donkey Kong Country Returns.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
How can you buy this? Seriously, it's just ANOTHER New Super Mario Bros with the same backgrounds, music, physics, ideas and horrible graphic design. And we already have four of that. The first one was fun, and the second one had a point with the multiplayer. But I don't think playing (and paying for) a 2D Mario is funny anymore, it has become awfully repetitive. If we keep buying this crap we will never get a good 2D Mario again, because in Nintendo they will think we are okay with this. And we are not, Mario deserves titles as great as Donkey Kong Country Returns.

You didn't mention the one thing that matters in a Mario game...

You didn't mention the one thing that matters in a Mario game...

Being fun? Because as I said this isn't fun anymore. Every time I play a "NEW" New Super Mario Bros I feel like I'm replaying something I have already played. And that's not funny at all. Probably New Super Mario Bros U was the most boring Mario platformer I've ever played in my entire life, and I'm serious. I never felt something like that with Super Mario Bros 3, Super Mario World or even Yoshi's Island. They were all fresh experiences and original games

Don't misunderstand my words, I LOVE Mario universe. And that's why I'm sad about what they are doing with them, with the 2D Mario series.

Being fun? Because as I said this isn't fun anymore. Every time I play a "NEW" New Super Mario Bros I feel like I'm replaying something I have already played. And that's not funny at all. Probably New Super Mario Bros U was the most boring Mario platformer I've ever played in my entire life, and I'm serious. I never felt something like that with Super Mario Bros 3, Super Mario World or even Yoshi's Island. They were all fresh experiences and original games

Don't misunderstand my words, I LOVE Mario universe. And that's why I'm sad about what they are doing with them, with the 2D Mario series.

Joke's on you, because NSMBU is legitimately good and a worthy SMW successor.

Calamari41

41 > 38

How old were you when you played those games for the first time.

Riposte

Anyone who says the first NSMB was good while criticizing the rest has no credibility in my book. Pretty common with game journos I've noticed.

RaidenZR

Wait I'm confused about this Pro Controller news... Is the patch for that in NSMB only going to be available via the digital version of NSLU?

How old were you when you played those games for the first time.

I was 10 when I first played Super Mario World, 11 when playing Yoshi's Island and 12 when Super Mario Bros 3. Never had a SNES when I was younger, so I discovered them on the Game Boy Advance.

But, honestly, I don't think you can really compare the innovations of those awesome games with the repetitiveness and conservatism of the New Super Mario Bros series. I find hardly enjoyable playing more than two games of this saga before getting bored.

Anyone who says the first NSMB was good while criticizing the rest has no credibility in my book. Pretty common with game journos I've noticed.

I don't think NSMB DS is a good or a better game than the other ones (it probably is the worst of the entire saga), but I enjoyed it more and I think that it was funnier than its sequels, just because it really felt like something NEW. I won't deny that NSMB U has the best level design of the series (which isn't saying too much anyway) but I simply can't enjoy that level design when it is based on ideas, concepts and mechanichs that have been recycled during 4 games in barely 5 years.

trixx

I understand what Kamek is saying. The New Super Mario Bros franchise is getting really tiresome now. Sure NSMBU was the best in the series but that's not saying much it really did nothing for me in comparison to rayman legends demo and DKCR it just didnt feel New anymore rather it felt completed this time around.

Very little is added in general and just feels the same regardless if levels are different. I mean i'm still buying it but i can't see anyone getting excited for this. Whoopty-doo its a new new super mario bros game

I don't get why they couldn't have the retail release and digital release on the same day? I want the physical copy :<

Despite having played all of the NSMB games, I don't really get tired of them. Although honestly two last year was a bit of an irony. NSMB games are probably easier to make than 3D Mario since they already have all the assets for NSMB games in place.

I wish Nintendo would all of a sudden surprise announce it for release immediately.

CoolS

Well and I think NSMBU was the best 2D Mario they did since the SNES days. And now we get 82 fucking new levels for a good price, which look even better than NSMBUs levels? SIgn me up for the ride. I love that they are doing this.

Wait I'm confused about this Pro Controller news... Is the patch for that in NSMB only going to be available via the digital version of NSLU?

The patch will be for NSMBU and enable Pro Controller support and buying the DLC.

Riposte

I don't think NSMB DS is a good or a better game than the other ones (it probably is the worst of the entire saga), but I enjoyed it more and I think that it was funnier than its sequels, just because it really felt like something NEW.

If "new" is more important than "good", you should aim for the indie sector.

Moreover, why are you complaining about this in a thread which is about an add-on to an established game?

I don't think NSMB DS is a good or a better game than the other ones (it probably is the worst of the entire saga), but I enjoyed it more and I think that it was funnier than its sequels, just because it really felt like something NEW.

NSMB DS is maybe the least inspired, worst-controlling one of the entire bunch. Serious question: have you actually played NSMB U yet?

Frodo

Day one for me!

I might also buy the retail version and keep it sealed just in case it becomes one of those rare prints. And because of that green box, of course.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

I was thinking level design. I don't tend to usually go in for descriptors as vague as "fun"

Top Bottom