• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Super Luigi U Official Overview Trailer (JP)

Calamari41

41 > 38
1.5GB? Oh man those of us with a Wii U basic are kind of screwed.

I wonder if I should pick up a 32GB microSD for $25 and use it via USB port.

Just get an external 500 GB hard drive for double that or a 1 TB for triple and never worry about storage again.

Bullza2o

Why not just a USB stick, why get a microSD card only to have to plug it into a microSD USB dongle thing?
The speed of the device. I think the class 10 microSD was $25 last time I checked.

Well, if you wanna go digital, you should be prepared to sort out your storage. You knew that in advance.

Those people didn't want digital downloads on their harddisc.

Yes, but DLC is different. I know NSLU has retail discs, but what if SSB or the new Mario 3D has future DLC that is just available on the eShop? And considering Nintendoland was 200MB or so, space fills up fast.

I do plan on buying all retail games, but DLC is unavoidable.

Just get an external 500 GB hard drive for double that or a 1 TB for triple and never worry about storage again.

I think 1TB is too much, and I can't find any cheap 320GB or lower.

javac

Do you think if I download this on the eShop it'll be more integrated in NSMB U as opposed to buying the game physically or will they both be treated as separate apps/games?

JimboJones

Do you think if I download this on the eShop it'll be more integrated in NSMB U as opposed to buying the game physically or will they both be treated as separate apps/games?

If you get the download version you have to access it via NSMBU's menu.

The speed of the device. I think the class 10 microSD was $25 last time I checked.

Correct me if i'm wrong but I was under the impression a USB2.0 flashdrive or HDD will in general probably perform better than a class 10 SD card, which is limted to around 10MB/s.

Bullza2o

Correct me if i'm wrong but I was under the impression a USB2.0 flashdrive or HDD will in general probably perform better than a class 10 SD card, which is limted to around 10MB/s.

I'm on mobile right now, but I think the speed of class 10 is around 22MB/s, might be wrong.

anyways I don't want to make this thread go more offtopic. Thanks for the replies.

If I get this game it will be retail, I have decided because I do not have NSMBU.

Elija2

Does anyone else find it weird that Peach wasn't playable in NSMBU because they wanted all the characters to have the same abilities, and yet now they let you play as Nabbit who has different abilities than the rest?

D-e-f-

Banned
Does anyone know if the physical copy of the game is a limited edition print like Metroid Prime: Trilogy, or just a standard version that won't be difficult to find later on?

Been said here multiple times, Iwata said it in the ND: this is a limited offer. Get it soon.

Does anyone else find it weird that Peach wasn't playable in NSMBU because they wanted all the characters to have the same abilities, and yet now they let you play as Nabbit who has different abilities than the rest?

Nabbit has the exact same abilities. They simply turned off damage collision for him.

GamerSciz

The year of Luigi, eh? I like the box art

I have to agree the box art is very eye catching which is all it needs to do. Had I a Wii U this might be worth checking out. Anyone know if there is gameplay out there? Curious what it looks like.

hatchx

Banned
In-game store requires patch that also adds pro-controller support to NSMBU.

Honestly best news today. I thought Nintendo had lost their marbles by not supporting their new controller with their #1 game and franchise.

Gives me a reason to go out and buy one.

There are so many things this could be referring to, so could you please elaborate?

This game looks extremely mediocre. You'd think now with their current hardware they'd be dishing out better first party video games. Something as brilliant as Mario 64.

Penguin

This game looks extremely mediocre. You'd think now with their current hardware they'd be dishing out better first party video games. Something as brilliant as Mario 64.

This is DLC for a game that already exists.. did you expect them to do something magical within those assets?

D-e-f-

Banned
I have to agree the box art is very eye catching which is all it needs to do. Had I a Wii U this might be worth checking out. Anyone know if there is gameplay out there? Curious what it looks like.

Since January yes. Youtube makes this very easy.

Morts

Looks totally worthwhile, I'll give it a shot. That case/boxart looks rad too but I doubt I'll spend the extra $10 on it.

But my god if any game needed custom soundtracks it's this one.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
This is DLC for a game that already exists.. did you expect them to do something magical within those assets?

I'm not sure if you played much DLC over the last 8 years, but plenty of people react to DLC being announced for a game they don't like by noting that it's superfluous and not a good use of resources. With Nintendo this is likely to be amplified because of a perception among people other than die-hard fans that they aren't releasing novel-enough games at a high enough frequency.

I thought NSMBU was OK. I'll play this (I think I'll buy it retail because if I swing a trade scam I'll probably be able to get it for less than the downloadable version), but I don't think I needed 82 new levels using similar mechanics and slightly altered physics. At this point, my beef with NSMB as a sub-series is not that between the four games there aren't enough levels, but rather that there are too many levels and I'd rather they focus more on new ideas. I don't think NSMBWii, NSMB2, or NSMBU satisfied that request.

Hermii

So you want a NSMBU DLC to be a 3D Mario? Wat?

I think he means he doesnt want it to play so safe and actually use some new ideas. New is in the title after all.

I mean the game has recycled powerups, recycled music, recycled assets, very few new or experimental ideas. What about some galaxy inspired levels ? What about new worlds not based on a concept thats been done to death ? We get the same old desert world, winter world etc.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
I'm not sure if you played much DLC over the last 8 years, but plenty of people react to DLC being announced for a game they don't like by noting that it's superfluous and not a good use of resources. With Nintendo this is likely to be amplified because of a perception among people other than die-hard fans that they aren't releasing novel-enough games at a high enough frequency.

I thought NSMBU was OK. I'll play this (I think I'll buy it retail because if I swing a trade scam I'll probably be able to get it for less than the downloadable version), but I don't think I needed 82 new levels using similar mechanics and slightly altered physics. At this point, my beef with NSMB as a sub-series is not that between the four games there aren't enough levels, but rather that there are too many levels and I'd rather they focus more on new ideas. I don't think NSMBWii, NSMB2, or NSMBU satisfied that request.

I believe this DLC is more like a bridge to close the time gap between NSMBU and the next 3D Mario. It mustna took a lot of resources to make and it could be done relatively quickly, allowing EAD or whatever team is doing the next game to release THE Mario game. Not complaining though, U was great and this is an expansion after all

Top Bottom