• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New The Last Guardian trailer (Gamestop Expo)

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Oh god the Dog/Bird is going to die isn't it, I'm going to be so pissed when it happens D:

Since so many people have been guessing him or the boy dies for literally years, I will bet you neither is going to happen and the story goes in a different route.

Death isn't the only way a story can be impactful.

muteki

Magic shield tech.
Since so many people have been guessing him or the guardian dies for literally years, I will bet you neither is going to happen and the story goes in a different route.

Death isn't the only way a story can be impactful.
They grow old together and have little human-bird-dog-lizard-babies.

Oh god the Dog/Bird is going to die isn't it, I'm going to be so pissed when it happens D:

They could pull a bait and switch and either neither dies or just the kid.

People are going on about how it'd be horrible if the catbird died, but what if they're pretty much alone in the world, catdog makes best friends with the kid, the kid dies, game ends with catbird all alone.

You don't think there could be anything worse than catbird dying, but you're wrong.

Game looks phenomenal. It's always funny when you think of how this game and Final Fantasy XV were initially made with the thought of running on 360 or PS3. Are there any games with a similar sense of scale that even exist on last gen with somewhat decent graphics and framerate? I can only think of MGS V and GTA V, the latter of which really didn't run too well.

Ethelwulf

1300312112752645809.jpg

naib

People are going on about how it'd be horrible if the catbird died, but what if they're pretty much alone in the world, catdog makes best friends with the kid, the kid dies, game ends with catbird all alone.

You don't think there could be anything worse than catbird dying, but you're wrong.
Well, fuck. :'(

Wow, now I REALLY can't play this game.

Zetta

This saddened me so much :(, I just want a happy ending.

Aenima

Animations of the Trico are the best i have seen in an animated creature in any game ever.

I love how they mixed some of dog behaviors with some of cat bahaviors and made they own thing with very beliavable animations.

Shadow of The Colossos also had great animations for the horse to this day.

Wikipedia says the game begins with a man telling a story of his childhood, it's incredibly unlikely he will die. I think I recall Easy Allies confirming this in their E3 impressions.

not sure what to expect from this game.

On one hand its under a fantastic dev with a fantastic record, on the other hand its kind of worrying how long ago it was announced, and the delays.

Game looks beautiful, more so than ever. I'll never understand all those folks that say it still looks like a PS3 game.

Speaking of the PS3, I bet the frame rate tanked massively every time Trico leaped about with you on its back in the old version of the game.

The game starts with the main character narrating as an old man

Shoeless

I think I can take anything except an "Old Yeller" ending. As long as TLG doesn't do that to me, I'll be strong. If they do that to me, it'll break me in half.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Regarding death in this game. If either the boy or the creature die, everyone and everything should die in this game. Meaning have Trico bring actual Armageddon upon it's world because it's one and only friend was taken away from it(killed).

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Game looks beautiful, more so than ever. I'll never understand all those folks that say it still looks like a PS3 game.

Speaking of the PS3, I bet the frame rate tanked massively every time Trico leaped about with you on its back in the old version of the game.
Just trying to render Trico would make the game buckle, let alone all the foliage, lighting, and physics. The trailers before the game was running on ps4 were artificially sped up.

naib

Why do I keep dbl clicking the spoiler tags?

The projections are half the fun. But I'm confident there will be misty eyes.

This saddened me so much :(, I just want a happy ending.

...which would be perhaps the biggest bait and switch of all! Ico and Colossus are pretty bittersweet but at the same time they're not totally depressing or anything. Well, Colossus is pretty damned depressing but the execution and mood of the ending were so nice and beautiful that I didn't really feel "sad" per se, just floored by how awesome it was.

I'm sure it'll have something of a bittersweet ending. If catbird dies something positive can happen too... I don't think they just want people to be completely depressed.

^^^okay didn't know the stuff in the spoiler bars so basically
catbird gonna bite it

Just trying to render Trico would make the game buckle, let alone all the foliage, lighting, and physics. The trailers before the game was running on ps4 were artificially sped up.

Believe me, I'm well aware of all that. It's just, seeing the footage of Trico leaping onto a higher platform made me instantly think that the PS3 probably struggled majorly with something even as 'simple' as that.

mortal

Gold Member
Just from having played Ueda's past titles. Trailers do not do the game justice. It's the moments between, getting lost in the mood and atmosphere of the experience.

That pastoral music...holy shit. This game is right in the feels down in the core of our essense...as in those feelings of attachment to a beloved family pet we had when we were just little boys and girls.

This game is going to destroy gamers' hearts, but in the best, most memorable way possible. You will run to hug your dog or cat. Guarenteed.

This game is going to make me want How to Train Your Dragon 3.

Oh wait, I already want that. I love shit like this. I hope this game has awesome flying sequences, I know it's mostly platforming but maybe even in cutscenes with bold, epic scoring.

Click for instahype

Looks amazing as expected. Was that Colin and Greg from Kinda Funny at the end? I think Greg said it looks beautiful but I recall him and Colin basically just throwing the game under the bus everytime it comes up. I don't really pay attention to their stuff anymore, but that was super grating when i did.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Must look so clean running on ps4 pro.
Let us pray. Think downsampled from 4K-checkboard rendered is a given which should alone clean the IQ quite a bit. Sooo damn excited to play this on the Pro tbh. Just wish I had a HDR OLED by that time but not yet since kinda pricey for quality panels still.

Elandyll

Banned
Revelation: Trico WILL die..

But it will actually be transforming into a full blown Dragon Cat Dog

Maybe

Top Bottom