• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New The Last Guardian trailer (Gamestop Expo)

DearUnhappyHawk.gif

Kuni

2WxWfiavndgcM.gif

I've always believed in this one, even after all of the delays. If any game can beat the game development hell curse, it's this one.

That trailer was simply beautiful.

Despite the rocky development and delays, I can't shake the feeling that this game will deliver.

I really would be surprised if TLG doesn’t sit at a solid 82-85 on meta.

Games have always been about the lasting appeal and the story even though it’s told with minimal dialog. I don’t think they would have revived it if it wasn’t worth the effort. Confident, we’ll have another rare gem of a game that makes you cry.

Let us pray. Think downsampled from 4K-checkboard rendered is a given which should alone clean the IQ quite a bit. Sooo damn excited to play this on the Pro tbh. Just wish I had a HDR OLED by that time but not yet since kinda pricey for quality panels still.

Yeah, for us that don't have a 4k hdr panel i would assume this level of expectation shouldn't be that hard to accomplish? First image is a ps4 framebuffer grab, second is an obvious 2011 bullshot. Maybe i'm expecting too much out of the 1080p pro version of games but with a x2.5 gpu increase it should be more than feasible to ramp up some graphical values.

image_the_last_guardian-32177-1520_0001.jpg

image_the_last_guardian-14936-1520_0002.jpg

Hastati

I'm guessing they both live to the end.

Maybe it ends like that one movie, the whole world is destroyed and replaced by a giant white empty space, with just the two of them bouncing around their rocky cliff as disembodied heads.

Got my steelbook edition on preorder. Delay or not no way i'm missing this one.

I ordered the big kahuna burger from Amazon with the fucking crate and shit. It cost as much as your usual Ubisoft dollars bonanza ($120) but if the question is am I ready to spend that much money on TLG the answer is yes.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Got my steelbook edition on preorder. Delay or not no way i'm missing this one.
Likewise. I immediately impulsed the second it went up for pre-order on Amazon and still have it on pre-order. It shall be mine, soonish hopefully.

dsk1210

I was so excited for this game I naively picked up a ps3 years ago.

I hope it's as good as I wished for all them years ago.

Kuni

I also love how Colin Moriarty appeared to be a little surprised \ impressed at the end :p What a trailer.

Ueda showing the next step to all devs, making an A.I. that is believable and doesn't feel scripted.

Some people might hate this, but I think I'll love it.

Akhe

I'm not gonna lie, it's not thaaaaaat impresive but it's beautiful anyway!

Good trailer.

I'll play this game.
giphy.gif

silva1991

AstonishingRemorsefulJay.gif

hopefully this means enemies have fixed locations and won't appear out of nowehere to screw me up.

as much as I love ICO that shit was very annoying.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Gut reaction says that your actions/play-style will actually determine what type of creature Trico will be by the end.

Will you nurture a gentle giant or a vicious beast?

Not every first party game needs to justify the hardware. I'd love it if this game is a really pretty SOTC. I'm really excited for this even though I'll probably buy it a bit after launch.

the game ends with Trico being sucked into a portal and becoming a baby (maybe? Serious talk Trico could die but we find out there's an egg he/she was protecting and we get baby Trico)

Top Bottom