• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New The Last Guardian trailer (Gamestop Expo)

OldMan

Banned
Looks like a good game. Glad they're touching up the patches ahead of time instead of having people discover glitches upon release.

CookedReliableDuckbillcat.gif

giphy.gif

Lol

Kaako

Felium Defensor
^^Lol TriMaru

That will be cool.
The more I think about it, the more I think they've approached this route since Trico is treated as its own developed AI/entity mimicking a baby animal. Animals also reflect on the "owner" depending the conditions they were brought up in and experiences they went through? In my head it makes perfect sense lol.

jett

D-Member
I hope they're nailing the Pro version. Could see some framerate issues there (plus the fuzzy image quality).

p.s. Trico won't die. The game will end with him going back to his home planet.

LordCanti

Toriko's animations continue to impress. Hopefully someone will post direct capture footage later since this appears to be from a stream (hence the fuzziness).

Me and Falcor are going to beast this game!

Edit - IQ does indeed look rough, like it's lifted straight from the PS3. I suppose it is. Hopefully Pro mode can run native 4K to clean it up some. Maybe.

Shin

Banned
Not the most beautiful game graphically IMO, but damn the music is really something else.
Emotional roller coaster inbound from the looks of it and what's known about the game.

The animation on Trico continues to be incredible, goddamn. I feel like a box of tissues should come with this game, I'll be sniffling my way through it.

p.s. Trico won't die. The game will end with him going back to his home planet.

It better!

...as long as he doesn't die on the way back to his home planet.

ViciousDS

Banned
the music.........THE music........THE MUSIC BY GAWD

This game is just going to be fucking amazing.......man.....can't believe FFXV is launching before this now lol

I wanted this October so badly!!! Now I have to waiiiitttttt!

prwxv3

Game looks beautiful, more so than ever. I'll never understand all those folks that say it still looks like a PS3 game.

Speaking of the PS3, I bet the frame rate tanked massively every time Trico leaped about with you on its back in the old version of the game.

It was rumored to run at like 15 fps at best.

Honestly, so beautiful.

For every cynical feeling that the Pro and its price gives me, this game reminds me how special Sony's 1st party exclusives can be. This is a system seller for me.

Raist

Banned
Haha, all of you thinking one of them will die.

The boy will find his way home, happily return amongst his kin, abandon Trico without even a look back

SomTervo

Looks great - you can even see FPS issues in this trailer alone, though :/

Also, noticed something weird/interesting, possibly spoilery I guess:

What's that weird floating/spinning disc way up in the top right of the screen, very distant, at about second 00:26. I'd say it's just some part of the level but it seems to turn irregularly + slowly.

Edit: I think it's attached to the structure above it - it looks like it's on a string/rope and is spinning in the wind.

God some of the platforming potential is insane

so they just gon show the final boss in the trailer like this and not mark spoilers????

image.php

silva1991

We saw other Trico's in the E3 trailer as well as humans, I'm sure there will be physical threats but it's hard to say whether there will be a definitive villain.

Wouldn't call those villains. just regular enemies.

I have a feeling the main villain will be a human that will try to hunt Trico.

there were bunch of people seem to be capturing Trico in the E3 trailer no?

SomTervo

Wouldn't call those villains. just regular enemies.

I have a feeling the main villain will be a human that will try to hunt Trico.

there were bunch of people seem to be capturing Trico in the E3 trailer no?

That's a fitting idea. An inversion of Shadow of the Colossus' narrative.

Ricky_R

This has been the first time ever that I got really excited to play the game. That trailer was pretty awesome.

Count me in day one.

It looks so freaking good. How can you not love seeing trico flail in and stick its head through a doggy hole

Im really thinking new fans will fall in love with the creature and buy the game based on how adorable trico is

Top Bottom