• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New trailer and Info on GT Sports coming in May 19

Niks

6YHUsH0.jpg

Thats brands hatch correct?

danowat

Banned
There was quite a bit of movement in the cockpit in the original version of GT5, but people complained that it was disoriented so it was patched.

Uffff, people!

I felt really weird going from bumper to cockpit in GT5 (never played GT6), I see everyone is using bumper cam in todays event.

bud

the hud looks a lot cleaner and more modest. i like it.

they moved the timer to the bottom of the screen, and the track map placement makes more sense as well.

it's so refreshing to see a small 1 instead of a giant 1/16 or whatever in the corner.

danowat

Banned
Game needs dash cam. Driveclub's is the best implementation in a racer yet imo.

Agreed, Dirt Rally did it too, and it's really good

bumper cam gives a much better field of view and so most people use it to achieve faster laps.

I'd argue bonnet cam is better, as it gives you some spatial reference points, and everything looks like it's in fast forward in bumper cam as you are so close to the ground.

Double H

I'm looking forward to reading your impressions once we go live later today. :)
👍

IMO PD's UI has always had exceptional presentation. I'm excited to see how it's evolved, the glimpses of the new HUD are looking fantastic—the rejig of all the elements would've been no mean feat. Respect.

dalin80

Banned
This may sound odd but I think the UI is too clean, looks (so far) to be quite sterile and lacking in atmosphere. GT1 still hasn't been topped in that regard.

DavidDesu

I'd argue bonnet cam is better, as it gives you some spatial reference points, and everything looks like it's in fast forward in bumper cam as you are so close to the ground.

Bonnet cam in GT5/6 was my go to, best sense of the car movement and of course unobstructed, but I LOVE dash cam in Driveclub and Dirt Rally, really hope they give us that here.

Wonder what the rain effects in GTS will be like. Hopefully at least in the same ballpark as Driveclub.

bud

although... on second glance, there's still plenty of information that's displayed twice: speed, gear, time.

bumper makes it easier to hit the apex imo

JamboGT

I think there was a banked circuit last night, saw some images, definitely wasn't Brands.

Bumpre cam in GT isn't a bumpre cam, there is physically car in front of you but you don't see it. I would say the position is just lower than drivers head but centralised, I pretty much exclusively use this view in GT but bumper cam in other games is too low and too forward to be useful.

Dinjooh

That's some nice looking and clean UI with all the info you need. Great work Kev!

GT6 for comparison

gtacademy2013_03.jpeg

2wfn8lZ.jpg

Flattened it as well as I could to better compare.

The font choice seems to be quite different for what I've come to expect from GT. I like it.

I think there was a banked circuit last night, saw some images, definitely wasn't Brands.

There was an image that surfaced of a car driving through a tunnel, but no one could figure out what track it was. SSRX has one, but it didn't look like the one in that picture. And I can't think of any real world oval circuits that have a tunnel.

Sony's partnering with Fanatech for a new GT branded wheel, aren't they? I'm holding off on buying any racing peripherals until they unveil something.

Double H

http://i.imgur.com/2wfn8lZ.jpg

The font choice seems to be quite different for what I've come to expect from GT. I like it.
Same, really digging the change from the ‘dated’ skeuomorphic rear mirror shape. Changing the proportions and having it flush at the top really tidied it up.

JamboGT

This is what bumper cam feels like to me:

Cockpit view in pCARS with look-to-apex, world movement and the steering wheel removed is nigh-on perfect for me. I hope GTS takes a stab at these features.

That is what it looks like to me on any game other than GT (and the one I did the bumper cam for :p)

BeeDog

Damn, this slow trickle of second-hand information and potato pictures is giving me serious GT5 lead-up nostalgia. Let's hope the end-result (i.e. GT Sport itself) doesn't give flashbacks as well...

2wfn8lZ.jpg

Love the look, a very well thought out UI.

Damn, this slow trickle of second-hand information and potato pictures is giving me serious GT5 lead-up nostalgia. Let's hope the end-result (i.e. GT Sport itself) doesn't give flashbacks as well...

I doubt it.

Top Bottom