• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New trailer and Info on GT Sports coming in May 19

GHG

polyphony are truly something.

they've waited three years to show it off, and when they finally do, the audio is still not improved.

and these aren't placeholders either. you just know that--because they've done this to you many times before--that is exactly what the game will sound like.

still excited for the trailer, though.

They have to be placeholders. They just have to be, it is a beta after all.

Yes I am in denial.

bud

maybe some day i'll be able to watch gt's replays without being disgusted by the audio...

why did they even hire the forza guy

what did he do these past few years

magawolaz

lol, there's no way audio will still be the same. Not after all the criticism, blog articles, interviews, etc. of the last couple of years. Simply no way.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I mean people have been asking for some good sound for ages now. I'm sure it will be way better than GT6. Please don't disappoint me Kaz!

Edit: I forgot my GTPlanet login id lol

GHG

maybe some day i'll be able to watch gt's replays without being disgusted by the audio...

He went for a paid sabbatical in Japan.

I'm gonna apply for some of their jobs. Sounds fun.

bud

lads

there's still hope:

db7TxiP.png
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...on-event-19th-20th-copper-box.337545/page-280

witness

Yeah if the audio is still hot garbage yet again I'm passing on this. I can't stand the way cars sound in these games, it is very detrimental to the experience.

danowat

Banned
I can't quite figure out if I am hyped for this or not.

On the one hand, being a GT veteran, I will miss (I assume it's not going to be in?, must confess I haven't followed the game that much) the DNA of a GT game (parts, tuning, the way the races are grouped), on the other hand I loved playing PCars, so I am not advise to a pure motorsport game.

Looking forward to seeing how this looks (and sounds!)

Double H

He's only been with PD for 1 year and 2 months.

Considering the pedigree of talent that applied as sound engineers, it gives the impression that PD were after someone complementary to their methods rather than someone who'd introduce a new technique.

PD's known to be ambitious towards simulation. Too bad execution is where it matters because their history of synthetic vehicle audio hasn't been anything to write home about.

and these aren't placeholders either. you just know that--because they've done this to you many times before--that is exactly what the game will sound like..
But yeah, truth.

Loris146

First rule : Do not trust early impressions ( both positive and negative , even from veteran players). Wait for official footage and judge for yourself.

DavidDesu

Yeah meltdowns are premature for now. I just don't believe that the sound won't be at least a little improved but I'm expecting a lot.

Hope there's more than just an oval gameplay coming today. I fucking hate ovals, lol.

Anyway can't wait to find out more about this game I just really hope PD have a lot to show off and not drip feeding us virtually nothing. The time is now, we've only been waiting what 3.5 years since GT6..? Don't disappoint Kaz!

Footos22

Yeah meltdowns are premature for now. I just don't believe that the sound won't be at least a little improved but I'm expecting a lot.

Hope there's more than just an oval gameplay coming today. I fucking hate ovals, lol.

Anyway can't wait to find out more about this game I just really hope PD have a lot to show off and not drip feeding us virtually nothing. The time is now, we've only been waiting what 3.5 years since GT6..? Don't disappoint Kaz!

2 1/2

SRTtoZ

I don't believe it one bit. The audio has to be better. They know about the complaints and they said they will address it and they even hired the Forza audio guy. Be patient people.

Mascot

I'm just relieved that Kaz is a perfectionist - it basically means that we have absolutely nothing to worry about.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
When is this competition/hands on event supposed to start?

joanot

https://www.periscope.tv/OscarRuizGT/1rmxPEwDYeDKN

-They tested an oval track with GT3 cars.
-They are impressed with the graphics.
-They said the sound is not much different from GT6.
-The physics are tuned similar in all cars for the oval test but they seem not to impressed (no details given).
-They commented about a flag system during races.
-The Steering wheels used were Thrustmaster T300.

They can't disclose GTS details or do public reviews and are waiting for the real competition tomorrow to make a valid judgement. Today they only tested a limited GTS beta with apparently two tracks.

I know they had little time to test it but maaan those impressions killed my hype : ( they seem very disappointed.

driver116

It makes no sense. Kaz said they were working on a new sound system years ago, and that it wouldn't be ready for GT6. The only explanation is the new system they created is not that much of an improvement and they're still using an algorithmic system.

saladine1

Oh yeah. Still gives me chills.

And I've never understood why audio like that can't make it into the actual game. I guess RaceRoom gets closest, thus far.

According to the devs, they were limited in what they could do for both Shift and pCars.
Cars 2 however....big things are coming...

Top Bottom