• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Wii Action RPG from Jaleco: Kizuna

batbeg

TrueReligion said:
1st screen:
ss-020.jpg

wow looks awesome.

...that's not this game.

Dascu

In other news, that pretty looking Zwei game is coming to the PSP (I thought it was PC only, IIRC). And there seems to be a new Disgaea game for the PSP. Doesn't look like an SRPG though.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
JetSetRadio said:
Far from impressive though. Where are the high profile titles?
I disagree the two people mentioned so far to be involved in this game are great J-RPG talents and the art style looks excellent from even those crappy scans. I am eager to see more on this.

GhostSeed

Dascu said:
Death Smiles coming to the 360. Shooterbox strikes again!

Did the arcade game only have two characters? Because the scans show 4 playable.

Also the games due out in 2009.

EDIT: I guess the arcade game did have 4.

Teknoman

Jaleco = Rushing Beat/ Rival Turf series and Super E.D.F. in my book. The games always had catchy music and pretty decent graphics.

Mamesj

Banned
Tenbatsu said:
Kizuna 黄金の絆
Action RPG
Jaleco/Winter 2008
- Main Character name is Lian
- There's a king call Jared and a princess call Aina
- Game's graphic will have a pencil effect to them
- More than 100 quests
- Accumulated gauge techniques can be used.
- Huge bosses, find the weak point by pointing the Wii remote on screen (Shadow of the Colossus?)
- Scenario: Miwa Shouda (FFXII, Saga Frontier, Little King's Story)
- Director/Programmer: Youichi Kawaguchi (DQVIII, Little King's Story)

Looks really nice, you all can find the scans easily.

scan of main character:
14kcdj4.gif

Pellham

Banned
TrueReligion said:
1st screen:
ss-020.jpg

wow looks awesome.

The sad part is that the actual game is probably going to look or at least play worse than this. Mainly because it's going to be an action RPG and not a traditional one.

Wow, the artwork is great... really good stuff, I love the mains armor.
Graphics look good too surprisingly.

Great art direction all around - characters, areas, monsters.... looking good.

ALSO: the SOTC comparisons are legit, it even shows the process (in pics) of a character climbing up from an arm, all the way atop a giant beast's shoulder slashing at his head! Definitely inspired by SOTC, even art direction is similar!

:lol

GREAT looking game, cant wait to see a vid.

Pellham said:
The sad part is that the actual game is probably going to look or at least play worse than this. Mainly because it's going to be an action RPG and not a traditional one.
. . . The "not very well scaned" scans look better than that game.

vareon

Pellham said:

And you have the ability to tell this by looking at 2 blurry photographs of a magazine?

STG!

Wow, artwork looks really good, can't make out much else though. Worked on DWVIII? I'll keep an eye on this.

And on a side note: oh shit, Death Smiles for 360?! Hell yeah.

TunaLover

Pellham said:

Its a matter of taste, sometimes I prefer more deep strategic battles, sometimes I need go for a more dinamic free action battles. Both ways are great n_n

wsippel

Banned
STG! said:
Wow, artwork looks really good, can't make out much else though. Worked on DWVIII? I'll keep an eye on this.
Kawaguchi was one of the two lead programmers for DQVIII at Level 5.

ivysaur12

Banned
I'll need direct feed screens, but it's still looking good.

What has Jaleco made? I know they did Goblin Commander, and that was pretty good.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Wow, nice art. Really liked the main character.

I'm getting a Drakengard vibe from the screens for some reason. And that's a good thing.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Looks pretty interesting, but I'm a bit hesitant with Jaleco publishing.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Full write up by 1up:

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3169624

"Ohgon no Kizuna is set in the kindgom of Navigatoria, which has been under threat from the evil demon lord Galvaran for ages. A great hero, Gelade, successfully encased Galvaran in a tree of crystal in the last war, but went missing in the process. The monsters are back, though, and this time it's Gelade's emotionless son Rian who soldiers to the rescue, along with the stubborn, tomboyish Princess Ayna and her personal tutor Mist. "

"The battles in Ohgon no Kizuna are action-oriented, and you'll be using the Wii Nunchuk to fight them. The game has a tendency to throw hordes of monsters at your party all at once, and you'll use the Wiimote to point at the enemy you want Rian to target before striking. As you fight, you'll gradually fill up a gauge on the bottom of the screen that unlocks a screen-clearing special move -- shades of the Dynasty Warriors games there."

More at the link..

Top Bottom