• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Wii Action RPG from Jaleco: Kizuna

batbeg

The site would be okay, but it's laggy as all fuck for me. Awesome art, though, I hope someone is able to rip it from the site or something. Really interested in this!

I shall do the near impossible and find all the assets on the site and show them to you all here!

I'll take a while of course, but I will do it!

Ydahs

Hero of legend said:
I shall do the near impossible and find all the assets on the site and show them to you all here!

Thank you! The site's not loading for me...

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Hero of legend said:

Hero of legend
(Today, 08:32 AM)

Indeed. :D

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Ripped from the site...

kizunapics7ip4.jpg

kizunapics6kr5.jpg

kizunapics5ed8.jpg

kizunapics4ph8.jpg

kizunapics3jt6.jpg

kizunapics2vb6.jpg

kizunapics1wc8.jpg

cw_sasuke said:
Ripped from the site...

Wow, I guess YOU'RE the hero now! :lol

This is all I was able to rip for the past 5 minutes:

29z8xeb.jpg

Guess there's no use in going on now that you did all of my work! Kudos to you! :D

I still would've done it though.

Hero of legend said:
Wow, I guess YOU'RE the hero now!:lol

This is all I was able to rip for the past 5 minutes:

29z8xeb.jpg

Guess there's no use in going on now that you did all of my work! Kudos to you!

I still would've done it thought.
A man still is you

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Dever said:
The boss fight really looks like a SotC rip-off. :/
You say it like it's a bad thing. I want MORE games to do that.

And the gameplay in that fight can still be completely different from SotC from all we know.

Alaluef said:

And the gameplay in that fight can still be completely different from SotC from all we know.
Maybe its like Kraid from super metroid :)
...with a sword...

Ydahs

There's something about these screens that screams quality! I think it looks really nice but we won't really be able to tell until we get direct-feed screens. I'd love it if you'd rip the character art, Hero of legend.

Japan keeps on bringing the Wii love :D

Dascu

VVARIO said:
http://i36.tinypic.com/2ic09wy.jpg[IMG]

I uploaded the whole 4MB picture at the following file sharing sites:
[URL]http://rapidshare.com/files/141298911/kizuna.jpg.html[/URL]
[URL]http://www.mediafire.com/?tbpqzmwgbn9[/URL]
[URL]http://www.badongo.com/pic/4346648[/URL][/QUOTE]
A winner is you.
That pencil shading effect looks lovely.

Desi

Alaluef said:

exactly. if the game is bad call it a rip-off. if it's good celebrate it.

batbeg

Ho. Lee. Shit. Holy shit holy shit. This looks absolutely awesome. I can not wait to find out more about this game, it has such an awesome art style behind it.

And I still don't understand, is this officially a completely different Jaleco in all senses?

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I wonder when developers will stop wrapping their games in mystery by showing filtered screenshots and 3-second-long teasers.

That said, if the screens, however filtered, are any indication, the game doesn't look too shabby from a visual standpoint!

wsippel

Banned
batbeg said:
And I still don't understand, is this officially a completely different Jaleco in all senses?
Well, according to the website of Jaleco Holding, Jaleco Ltd. was founded in 2006 and has 50 employees. In 2000, the old Jaleco was acquired by the Chinese company PCCW, and renamed to PCCW Japan. In 2004, the company name was changed back to Jaleco, and to Jaleco Holding in 2006. They also moved the game business to the newly established, wholly owned subsidary Jaleco Ltd. in 2006.

wsippel said:
Well, according to the website of Jaleco Holding, Jaleco Ltd. was founded in 2006 and has 50 employees. In 2000, the old Jaleco was acquired by the Chinese company PCCW, and renamed to PCCW Japan. In 2004, the company name was changed back to Jaleco, and to Jaleco Holding in 2006. They also moved the game business to the newly established, wholly owned subsidary Jaleco Ltd. in 2006.

My brain hurts.

wsippel

Banned
Hero of legend said:
My brain hurts.
Aye. It's somewhat strange, anyway. PCCW is not a game company. They provide financial services, develop business software and stuff. They probably acquired Jaleco to move their company from Hong-Kong to Japan - I guess Jaleco was for sale and cheap. Jaleco is pretty big these days, but the games division is tiny. This seems to be their first big project.

TunaLover

What a come back Jaleco!!!

Damn I hope they add the pincel effects on borders in the final build =D

Looks absolutelly nice, It must be localizated =/

TunaLover

what is that red reticule for? It coul be cool, if your hits depends on you point with that reticule, I imagine a great variety of combos depending the body enemy part wich is being pointed.

radcliff

TunaLover said:
what is that red reticule for? It coul be cool, if your hits depends on you point with that reticule, I imagine a great variety of combos depending the body enemy part wich is being pointed.

According to gameplay descriptions, you use the Wiimote to point at an enemy and use buttons to attack. A red reticule probably means you are aiming at an enemy.

wsippel said:
Aye. It's somewhat strange, anyway. PCCW is not a game company. They provide financial services, develop business software and stuff. They probably acquired Jaleco to move their company from Hong-Kong to Japan - I guess Jaleco was for sale and cheap. Jaleco is pretty big these days, but the games division is tiny. This seems to be their first big project.

I understand it now that I read a few more times:

Old Jaleco = Jaleco Holdings.

Jaleco Ltd., responsible for Kizuna = Old Jaleco's successor.

I assume that the people that was part of the old Jaleco when they made games, moved on to the new Jaleco Ltd.

The new Jaleco has done other projects before Kizuna as their website shows, including Puchi Puchi Virus, which NIS America brought over!

Akai

That huge art/screen collection is amazing...

I do wonder who will localize it, though...if anyone even bothers... =(

Top Bottom