• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Solo

28366wvjkgk.png

Filthy commie doesn't even thank his teammates like ril gud kid Connr McCanada!

Lekhonen on a 2nd line is the sign of a team that is struggling hard

This is true, although if he keeps developing like he did last year he'll be a legit top 6 winger in 2 more years.

They're not garbage yet, they'll always be competitive with Price in there. Let's see how the season plays out before we start trolling and laughing.

I'd be willing to bet that, for the third straight year, Habs come out of the gate looking like world beaters in October, only to be struggling for their playoff lives come January.

Delryk

Wow.. some idiot Hab fan on the radio just said "atleast we're not screwed like the Leafs with 3 million over the cap, don't know how they're going to fix this"

Solo

They didn't become garbage, if anything the offseason has been a lateral move

Ignoring the depth signings and extensions, Habs offseason basically boils down to

In: Drouin, Alzner, Schlemko

Out: Radulov, Markov, Emelin, Sergachev

- Drouin replaces Radulov (long term I think that's a big win for Montreal)
- Alzner replaces Markov (that's a loss - even at 38 Markov is still a better player)
- Schlemko replaces Emelin (that's a win at half the cost)
- Sergachev (a big loss as we now have no surefire defensive prospects)

So.......yeah, lateral at best.

Solo

Wow.. some idiot Hab fan on the radio just said "atleast we're not screwed like the Leafs with 3 million over the cap, don't know how they're going to fix this"

For all the optimism in Leafs land (and deservedly so, as much as it kills me to say), you guys had better enjoy the next 2-4 seasons because if your trio of young guys keeps developing at this rate (Nylander is putting up 100 points next year, for example), you're going to be in big cap trouble soon.

yyzjohn

Banned
For all the optimism in Leafs land (and deservedly so, as much as it kills me to say), you guys had better enjoy the next 2-4 seasons because if your trio of young guys keeps developing at this rate (Nylander is putting up 100 points next year, for example), you're going to be in big cap trouble soon.

I love how Dopey's "Nylander will get 100 points" has now become a legit talking point.

Solo

Speaking of the cap, Habs are in pretty good shape.....they've got 22 of 23 roster slots filled and still have $9.1M left in space.

Saving for Tavares?!

Delryk

no worries... 25mil in cap next season if we drop Bozak, Komarov and Fehr. and we'll only need to sign 3 Ds and Nylander.

I'm sure other things will happen but that's still pretty good.

And only need to sign Brown and we've got more than 9mil left for the upcoming season. lol

edit: oops forgot JVR but he'll get traded at deadline most likely. lol

Quick

Banned
The NBA jersey ads start this season. Yay.

Almost every jersey revealed so far isn't too bad with ads. NBA also just switched to new jersey manufacturers, going from Adidas to Nike. Most teams don't seem to be making drastic changes, but the big thing for this summer is revealing jersey ads.

I like that they're small, and generally blend into the jersey. Orlando has Disney as their sponsor, which works out pretty well, for example.

Naturally, the Nets fucked this up though:

I'm still pretty much of the mind that the NHL will eventually follow suit, but it might not be the worst thing ever if the league copies the NBA on jersey ads.

Also I don't trust that the same amount of 'care' with those NBA ads will remain a few years down the line. Starting them off looking as unobtrusive as possible is smart, it'll keep the noise down when they first roll out. I'd wager we'll see full blown eyesores in time.

Quick

Banned
I can appreciate Red's positivity towards the Habs, tbh. Doesn't seem to be Tabris-levels delusions, though I hope it doesn't get there.

Also I don't trust that the same amount of 'care' with those NBA ads will remain a few years down the line. Starting them off looking as unobtrusive as possible is smart, it'll keep the noise down when they first roll out. I'd wager we'll see full blown eyesores in time.
they are already eyesores

yyzjohn

Banned
Almost every jersey revealed so far isn't too bad with ads. NBA also just switched to new jersey manufacturers, going from Adidas to Nike. Most teams don't seem to be making drastic changes, but the big thing for this summer is revealing jersey ads.

I like that they're small, and generally blend into the jersey. Orlando has Disney as their sponsor, which works out pretty well, for example.

Naturally, the Nets fucked this up though:

I'm still pretty much of the mind that the NHL will eventually follow suit, but it might not be the worst thing ever if the league copies the NBA on jersey ads.

They could make it look super classy.

hLw6q7p.jpg

PillarEN

Red Wings jerseys with the Little Caesars guy? :(

And don't even get me started with "what if videogame company X sponsored them? Haha that would be so cool like the Arsenal jerseys with Dreamcast on it"

Yeah man reaaaalllly cool. All of them suck.

I really wish Amazon's free shipping was cheaper in Canada 😩. I'm trying to buy all the Gargoyles the TV series DVDs and all I need is 8 bucks For free shipping 😔..

What to buy..

Marvie_3

Banned
Exactly.

As long as it's no a bumper stick on a helmet I'm ok with ads on sweaters/pants etc.
Fuck that. I dont need advertising on every fucking surface of everything.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
.917 oisv%

he isn't a defensive disaster... about average. see marchessault with his shiny 889 oisv oof

good oish%

firmly in the top 5 of the panthers in p60

high TOI

not too skewed zone starts

SA60 RelTM is near top of team

CF/FF leading, trailing... near tops

also the only source for QoC numbers I have doesn't have this seasons data... but last season he was playing the 3rd hardest matchups on the team (4th relqoc)

like... i haven't seen much that takes away from him yet

Maybe you should sign jagr?

Radulov at 5v5 last year: 8 goals and 23 assists in 1113 minutes.

Jagr at 5v5 last year: 8 goals and 25 assists in 1129 minutes.

Tavares is an 8 million per max

66 points...

Under 30 goals

I wouldn't give him 10+

Maybe maybe I'd go 9

28th in the league in scoring, tied with freaking Jeff Carter

I mean he'll get it but he doesn't strike me as 10 million.

This Dopey alt is unconvincing

Top Bottom