• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nier Automata 1 million sales special stream on April 17th

wanders

THIS CANNOT CONTINUE
THIS CANNOT CONTINUE
THIS CANNOT CONTINUE
THIS CANNOT CONTINUE
THIS CANNOT CONTINUE
THIS CANNOT CONTINUE
THIS CANNOT CONTINUE

Bowl0l

They are localizing it in Chinese and Korean, which is the reason for late release.
Is there a reason why S.Enix didn't release Korean/Chi as DLC instead? WoFF had Japanese/English audio as DLC.
Why bother waiting for the other languages?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
NieR Gestalt remake using NieR Automata's engine and gameplay.

raven777

Is there a reason why S.Enix didn't release Korean/Chi as DLC instead? WoFF had Japanese/English audio as DLC.
Why bother waiting for the other languages?
They probably didnt find the need to release Eng/JP version first? This is different from just adding already exisitng voice as DLC like WoFF. They rarely ever patch in entire Asian language version post-release.

Ferr986

An eventual NieR remake should include both

It would involve making a new dub for Young Nier. Considering they already have papa Nier done, I think they would go with that alone. But I guess it's depending how much budget they want to spend.

It would involve making a new dub for Young Nier. Considering they already have papa Nier done, I think they would go with that alone. But I guess it's depending how much budget they want to spend.

Either that or just leave the Replicant version with the Japanese VA and sub it and call it a day? I'd like a dub though, since Gestalt had one of my favourite dubs in a game ever.

Ferr986

Either that or just leave the Replicant version with the Japanese VA and sub it and call it a day? I'd like a dub though, since Gestalt had one of my favourite dubs in a game ever.

That too, but it would be weird having one character dubbed and the other not.
They could also just put the Replicant model but still with the papa voice but that also would sound weird lol

Bowl0l

They probably didnt find the need to release Eng/JP version first? This is different from just adding already exisitng voice as DLC like WoFF. They rarely ever patch in entire Asian language version post-release.
Namco EU added Chinese subtitles support for Steam after ToB was released.
The way S.Enix work is strange.

raven777

Namco EU added Chinese subtitles support for Steam after ToB was released.
The way S.Enix work is strange.

Did they do it for PS4 too though? They might do same thing on steam for Nier as well... who knows.
Right now they probably don't want it affecting the PS4 localized version sales so that's why Asian region is not active yet....

Bowl0l

Did they do it for PS4 too though? They might do same thing on steam for Nier as well... who knows.
Right now they probably don't want it affecting the PS4 localized version sales so that's why Asian region is not active yet....
I highly doubt Steam affects PS4 sales because S.Enix Steam pricing is almost the same to PSN. Whoever that actually wanted the PS4 version will get the PS4 version.

raven777

I highly doubt Steam affects PS4 sales because S.Enix Steam pricing is almost the same to PSN. Whoever that actually wanted the PS4 version will get the PS4 version.

Still, they wouldn't want the risk since Sony is helping localizing the game in Asia.

1 million is too little for the game.

It's a sufficiently differentiated product behind a cult-following auteur, price elasticity of demand should be rather inelastic.

Sure hope words-of-mouth could push steam to say 500k and PS4 to 1.5m eventually.
I know the Xbox audience probably wouldn't be large, but I'd definitely buy this game if they brought it over. 😏

BasilZero

So...

Nier remaster when?

(I know low chance of it being announced on the stream but a guy can dream right ;D)

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I can see some heavy combat-focused DLC with minimal story elements a-la Nier's "World Of Recycled Vessel", probably including bonus character skins and whatnot.

I can't see Yoko being too hands on as he'll likely be busy with SinoAlice, but I don't see a reason why he couldn't get Hana Kikuchi at his company Bukkoro to write some stuff.

The truth is I could never see SE passing up the opportunity to push DLC, but by the same token Automata is pretty "complete" as a story and an overall package, so leaning on Platinum to do their thing seems smart.

That said, plans may have changed when they saw the receipts.

Hopefully I can finish Automata before then. Just give me dumb costume DLC. I want to dress up 2B as Kat, and Kaine and other cool things.

addik

Unknown special guest(s) should be Emi Evans and Okabe. Emi Evans is pretty central to Nier now at this point.

Top Bottom