• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata announced for PC, game shipping Early 2017 on both platforms

Golnei

Cant wait for the Raiden mod

And one for Bayonetta.

tumblr_o95nbpc4Zz1r9wko3o1_1280.png

wazoo

You do realize that developing the console versions on PC and making a PC version ready for release are not the same things? Just because they developed it on PC doesn't mean they have the PC version ready to ship or in a better state.

You are overestimating how much it costs in time to do a proper PC version (polishing, UI, etc) for a company that has done that many times in the past.

Most games now are shipping day 1 for PC and consoles. When it does not happen, it is just politics for selling a weak console port.

Fraxin

It will probably be 70$ on console then.

Of course, just like fallout and other games, they release on steam at $60 and on consoles.... Wait it's actually the same price. It's released day and date on both, so was expecting same price.

On another note, I hope there is a collector's edition for PS4(which seems to be the only platform with the physical release) that comes with the artbook and full ost.

Guymelef

Of course, just like fallout and other games, they release on steam at $60 and on consoles.... Wait it's actually the same price. It's released day and date on both, so was expecting same price.

On another note, I hope there is a collector's edition for PS4(which seems to be the only platform with the physical release) that comes with the artbook and full ost.

I just expect a "Day One Edition" with some shitty dlc weapons,

Angel_DvA

Damn, PC is the real MVP, consoles are becoming pretty much useless now, good for Sony to have a strong first party output though...

Luigiv

Awesome. High framerate support, please.
Who am I kidding, this shit will be capped at 60fps, just like every other (non-capcom) Japanese PC game.

M

Macapala

Unconfirmed Member
Are Platinum games quite demanding on PC? I've got no idea whether my Alienware Alpha i3 is capable. I hope so though, It would save me buying a PS4 just for this game.

Arulan

Fantastic!

It's nice to see Japanese developer support continuing to get better on PC. In addition, I'm glad that meaningless exclusives are becoming a thing of the past.

Jimrpg

HELL YES

Please include the original on the Steam release. That way I can replay it later on.

Yeah I always find it weird that some games begin midway through a series on a new platform. I'm sure most of those players on the new platform have not played the previous games, and watching it on youtube isn't the best way to get into a series.

Hektor

Yeah I always find it weird that some games begin midway through a series on a new platform. I'm sure most of those players on the new platform have not played the previous games, and watching it on youtube isn't the best way to get into a series.

Nier/Drakengard isn't really a series tho, they're just a bunch of games taking place in the same world with some connections, but the storys and even the tone and atmosphere don'the really have anything to do with each other.

Knowing about the rest of the series really doesn't matter all that much in this case.

SilentRob

You guys, I just got to play the game. It's bloody amazing. Controls just as great as it looks. You can modify your combos by Holding R1, incorporating your robot Buddy into your attack. Also got an extensive 45 min Interview with Keiichi Okabe and Yosuke Saito, will post it during the next few days.

Hektor

You guys, I just got to play the game. It's bloody amazing. Controls just as great as it looks. You can modify your combos by Holding R1, incorporating your robot Buddy into your attack. Also got an extensive 45 min Interview with Keiichi Okabe and Yosuke Saito, will post it during the next few days.

Niiiice. Can't wait for it Robin!

wazoo

Original was not made by the same dev on a different platform using a different engine. Add to this that most likely, considering Cavia - the previous dev - is dead, all code is probably dead and lost.

Exentryk

Yup. This is going to be good!

Arklite

Great to hear. Besides the sparse environments everything about this game has looked stunning.

DKHF

Damn I'm fucking jealous...

Fraxin

Wondering if the version released on PC has the same frame rate of the PS4 version, would people still buy it or complain like DQ Heroes.

Steam didn't save that game, as some people claim that if a company wants a game to succeed they should release it on steam.

Wondering if the version released on PC has the same frame rate of the PS4 version, would people still buy it or complain like DQ Heroes.

Steam didn't save that game, as some people claim that if a company wants a game to succeed they should release it on steam.

Said no one ever. And let's not forget how it was announced and released. Which is a good point for it's low sales. But thanks for the concern.

Fraxin

Said no one ever. And let's not forget how it was announced and released. Which is a good point for it's low sales. But thanks for the concern.

Are you sure no one ever said that?
I don't mean for DQ:H but in general.

Pretty sure I saw that couple of times here.

Are you sure no one ever said that?
I don't mean for DQ:H but in general.

Pretty sure I saw that couple of times here.

People mostly said there's an audience on Steam, favorably comparable to the PlayStation one. No one said every game will be a success on Steam. But if a niche japanese game has the appeal to sell well on PlayStation, it does on Steam too.

As for DQH: May I recall you it was stealth released 2 months after the PS4 version ? And that was because it got leaked on the front page.

Fraxin

People mostly said there's an audience on Steam, favorably comparable to the PlayStation one. No one said every game will be a success on Steam. But if a niche japanese game has the appeal to sell well on PlayStation, it does on Steam too.

As for DQH: May I recall you it was stealth released 2 months after the PS4 version ? And that was because it got leaked on the front page.

So basically they have to announce the game in a stage or something for people to know that it's getting a steam release?

I thought steam would show you the new games that get released.

Did you get to play something that wasn't shown in the trailers?

So basically they have to announce the game in a stage or something for people to know that it's getting a steam release?

small heads up, people were banned a few pages back for concern trolling

Or you know, actually telling people the game is coming, and not stealth release it.
If people knew, before hand, that DQH was coming to Steam, yes, I'm willing to think it could've sold better than it did.

But even then, I would never expect it to set charts on fire, considering DQ series isn't doing well in West. The game performed bad on PS4 in West, so it did on Steam.

Fraxin

Or you know, actually telling people the game is coming, and not stealth release it.
If people knew, before hand, that DQH was coming to Steam, yes, I'm willing to think it could've sold better than it did.

But even then, I would never expect it to set charts on fire, considering DQ series isn't doing well in West. The game performed bad on PS4 in West, so it did on Steam.

Well people begged for it to come to the west and to steam. Later then when it came to steam i started hearing some complaints about quality, made me wonder if people buy games that perform the way they want it or to actually play the game in the platform of their choice

On another note they're thinking about releasing a demo' not sure if it's downloadable or only on TGS show floor.
http://gematsu.com/2016/08/nier-automata-demo-consideration

Well people begged for it to come to the west and to steam. Later then when it came to steam i started hearing some complaints about quality, made me wonder if people buy games that perform the way they want it or to actually play the game in the platform of their choice

On another note they're thinking about releasing a demo' not sure if it's downloadable or only on TGS show floor.

People have the right to complain about performances, no ? I mean, when you expect people to give 60 dollars, they're in the right to expect it to perform well.

But let's get back to the point: The game was released after the PS4 version, 2 months later, as a stealth release. Do you believe this can't hurt sales ?

Durante

Later then when it came to steam i started hearing some complaints about quality
Oh no! People complained about the quality? How dare they! They better take what they are given and be happy with it. Entitlement really knows no bounds.

It's not really a good port. People, especially PC gamers, have high standards when it comes to ports.

Also, as stated above, there's simply no marketing for PC. You can't compare consoles sales with PC simply for that reason. For example there's no TV ads for PC games, even if the game is multiplatform the ads won't mention PC at all. In most cases.

AXE

Don't care about the price since theres not that many games being released that I absolutely know that I want.

Bring it!

Top Bottom